AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

No Man's Sky

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2015
Lone Star State
Twitter Username
@BrewhammerMFC
MFC Username
Brewhammer
Anyone else planning on checking this out next month when it hits PC and PS4?

18 quintillion planets. It's an MMO where you will rarely ever see another player. It's all about exploration - find a planet, look for resources, alien artifacts, discover new species... and you can even name the planet if you are the first to find it and any species that you discover. Then if, by chance, someone else comes across it or looks at it in the galactic map, they'll see whatever the Hell you named it! :woot:

All of the planets and lifeforms are proceduarlly generated, creating thousands of variant worlds and animals. I may disappear into this one.

I am really interested in it. I like these sorts of games. I don't think my laptop can play it, so I may very well have to scrape together enough money to get a console.

I do have a couple of worries. Something so big and open doesn't seem to have much of a goal to it, and I've stated before that the hype surrounding it has certain similarities to past promises, like Spore. So, like every game, I will take a wait-and-see position on it.

Yeah I have some folks compare it to Spore. I've been following the development news pretty closely and know there are some features they aren't talking about yet, and they've limited the in-game footage that gets released. A lot of the YouTube videos out there are the same recycled footage. They have teased that there is something about the center of the galaxy, and that players would (or should) be moving towards it. But they won't say what the center is. Either way, I'm looking forward to finding out!

I agree. As long as the game can keep me enticed to explore, I think it has the potential to be a long-term time sink for me.

This game looks extremely interesting but the since the creators have said, it's not an MMO, the exploration is going to have to be very engaging and there has to be a goal which as I understand it is that you will be working towards reaching the center of the universe for some reason that as far as I am aware, has not been disclosed. I found this old interview with one of the creators where he not only says that it won't be an online multiplayer experience and they seem to intend to keep it that way. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...ng-of-no-man-s-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game.aspx

Having said that, I am very interested to see what the release version ends up being, I genuinely hope it lives up to the hype.

Looking forward to it. Hope that it's not one of those games that's full of hype and not much else. If it's mostly about exploration then that's for me as that's been the bulk of the experience I've had playing Elite: Dangerous.

How does this compare to Star Citizen? They both seem to share similarities but i don't know much of the finer details between both

They don't compare much other than "they are in space." No Man's Sky is about exploration and discovery. There is no third person view and you may never even see another player in it. Star Citizen's Persistent Universe will probably feel more like a space MMO.

Well, I hate the inventory, even after finding 3 or 4 extensions for it. So... that's a thing. More survival focused than I imagined, but I like it so far. Also, apparently not actually an MMO

Last edited:
The button on the left of the touchpad does screenshots/videos/sharing.

I found a horrific snake headed-crab bodied & pincered, spider legged thing. Then fed it iron, and it followed me around.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ThePrincessLuxy
Steam is still telling me 17 hours before it is available, I hope they at least let me preload the game in the morning.

ha ha! I am now stuck on an island in a radioactive ocean with no plutonium for my launch jets on my ship, so I am fucked. any land around me is way too far to swim to safely. I may just restart, as I have the preorder ship, which may or may not become a liability, as I'm not sure I learned how to make a hyperdrive before I switched out the starter ship

Steam is still telling me 17 hours before it is available, I hope they at least let me preload the game in the morning.
I just saw the developer saying there will be no preload, so that means no playing the game on release day for me, since the server will probably be crushed by everyone trying to download the game at the same time by the time I get home from work. Why would they not offer preload in this day and age?

I just saw the developer saying there will be no preload, so that means no playing the game on release day for me, since the server will probably be crushed by everyone trying to download the game at the same time by the time I get home from work. Why would they not offer preload in this day and age?
Probably still making last minute fixes.

Reactions: Shaun__
This game was not that good on a my nice PC, I think the PS4 version is a much better choice for anyone that wants to play. It kind of stuttered and chuged on my computer, and all my drivers are updated. I returned it and started playing the early access Subnautica instead.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Gen
I finally got the PS4 version today. Put it in and a bit later my roommate asked if it was his turn yet. I replied saying I had barely done anything yet and he said I had playing for 6 hours already.

Oops. Looks like my Friday disappeared thanks to NMS. :haha:

Reactions: Always_Tim
My pre order for this game got cancelled because of credit problems I'm having right now, but I still got the pre order bonus though. I'll be getting myself a copy of this game on Monday but it probably won't be here for a while or it could be here 2 days after I order it from Amazon.

So, I have the PC version.

Pros:
  • Up to 160 fps
  • Looks good. Not OMGWTFBBQ great, but good.
  • Procedural generation can be your friend... I was able to get over 10 drop pods today in under 2 hours. Now I'm up to 32 inventory slots on my character.
  • Music is soothing, if not forgettable
  • Whole bunches and bunches to explore, even before leaving the first star system..
  • Controler works.

Cons:
  • Buggy as shit! Frame rate drops for no reason, and I'm on a GTX 980 Ti, with a 6 core i7 and 64GB DDR4 RAM. This issue is affecting tons of people.Luckily, I've only had it crash a few times, others have it crash constantly.
  • Mouse and keyboard controls suck a donkey dick, ESPECIALLY when flying. Use a controller instead.
  • Have to fiddle with options to be able to do simple things like ALT-TAB and be able to get back in the game (fullscreen borderless makes this work).
  • Destiny-like cursor in menus, including holding the mouse button down. Works OK with a controller, huge PITA with a mouse.
  • 30 fps is the default frame rate... on a PC version. And, going along with the Destiny-like cursor, it is unintuitive to change to higher frame rates because you don't just click the up or down button, you have to hold the goddamn mouse button down on the option changer.
  • Needing to quit and restart the game when certain options are changed.
  • Overall just a poor port to the PC. ESPECIALLY at $60 on the PC.

Also, I got lucky on the fast money method: I'll be rich in no time -- there's a link to the reddit post in there that explains how to make the fast money.

So, I have the PC version.

Pros:
  • Up to 160 fps
  • Looks good. Not OMGWTFBBQ great, but good.
  • Procedural generation can be your friend... I was able to get over 10 drop pods today in under 2 hours. Now I'm up to 32 inventory slots on my character.
  • Music is soothing, if not forgettable
  • Whole bunches and bunches to explore, even before leaving the first star system..
  • Controler works.

Cons:
  • Buggy as shit! Frame rate drops for no reason, and I'm on a GTX 980 Ti, with a 6 core i7 and 64GB DDR4 RAM. This issue is affecting tons of people.Luckily, I've only had it crash a few times, others have it crash constantly.
  • Mouse and keyboard controls suck a donkey dick, ESPECIALLY when flying. Use a controller instead.
  • Have to fiddle with options to be able to do simple things like ALT-TAB and be able to get back in the game (fullscreen borderless makes this work).
  • Destiny-like cursor in menus, including holding the mouse button down. Works OK with a controller, huge PITA with a mouse.
  • 30 fps is the default frame rate... on a PC version. And, going along with the Destiny-like cursor, it is unintuitive to change to higher frame rates because you don't just click the up or down button, you have to hold the goddamn mouse button down on the option changer.
  • Needing to quit and restart the game when certain options are changed.
  • Overall just a poor port to the PC. ESPECIALLY at $60 on the PC.

Also, I got lucky on the fast money method: I'll be rich in no time -- there's a link to the reddit post in there that explains how to make the fast money.

Thanks for posting this, I was looking forward to this but then got cold feet when I read about the issues. I still want it, but not for 60 I don't.

My favorite cdkey site doesn't have it listed....so I'll wait until it hits a sale.

Thanks for posting this, I was looking forward to this but then got cold feet when I read about the issues. I still want it, but not for 60 I don't.

My favorite cdkey site doesn't have it listed....so I'll wait until it hits a sale.
Anyone that wants to play it on the PC is better off waiting for a few more patches I think. My computer has 32GB of ram, a GTX 1080, and a 4 GHz Intel Core i7. But when I was turning on the ground I still had terrible frame drops.

Reactions: UncleThursday
Anyone that wants to play it on the PC is better off waiting for a few more patches I think. My computer has 32GB of ram, a GTX 1080, and a 4 GHz Intel Core i7. But when I was turning on the ground I still had terrible frame drops.

Holy crap, I built my machine 3 years ago, and recently updated the video card.
I have 16GB of ram, GTX 960, and an i5.....yeah, so I'll wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.