Welcome to ACF

Join us now to access all features of the forum and interact with cam models and members!

1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

I actually really like No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by A Little Batty, May 6, 2018.

1. A Little Batty

I started playing again yesterday. I played for too long and gave myself a migraine XD

But I started in a universe with the Gek's as the main race. FFFF I LOVE THE GEKS!

I learned 30 Gek words, and met 25 Geks just on the very planet I spawned on.
    If it wasn't for the overwhelming heat on the planet, I'd have called it home.

I think the reason why I like NMS is because I went in with zero expectations.
    It was something I wanted to try and I knew someone who owned it on PC.
    So I had a go, thinking it was going to be the shittiest thing ever, but I actually liked it.

Then I was in a EB Games shop and saw it on PS4 second hand on sale for $23AUD and snapped it up.
    I was at the counter when the guy there actually offered me a collectors edition for the same price.

So yea, now I own a special little box, that has a steel case inside and a little art book.

Anyone else actually like the game for what it is and hopes it gets better?

2. DP667

I find if you don't get hyped up for a game it is a lot better than these games we build ourselves up for. I've never personally played NMS but I think a lot of the reason people hated it so much was the hype built around it by developers and gamers. I had a similar thing occur with the division. I built up the hype for 2 years after it's E3 announcement and was savagely disappointed. I've been much more pleased with titles I didn't really build up in my mind and heart.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. zippypinhead

I definitely like No Man's Sky. It's the sort of space exploration sim I've been wanting for a long time. It straddles a good middle ground between the really in-depth sim-y games and a more casual experience. I have a big ship with lots of storage that I'm fixing up, and I've claimed a base, and I've seen some cools stuff. My biggest problem is that the aimlessness of procedural-generated sandboxes leaves me wanting narrative structure after a while. Still, I've put about 20 hours into it, and if my laptop could run it a bit better, I'd probably play it more regularly.

4. A Little Batty

I feels you there. I've been hyped for Kingdom Hearts 3 for years, and I'm afraid of this happening. I'm already disappointed in the number of worlds we're getting and what's already been confirmed. I'm gonna be so mad though if they drop halloween town. I LIVE for KH halloween!!!

Have you played Starbound? I was late to the game on that and I really enjoyed it.

I like in No Man's Sky when you find a creature that has tiny little wings and fly around, or when you find a huge ass creature with an itty bitty head.

• Like Like x 1
  5. zippypinhead

Oh yeah. I got into Starbound way back when it was in early early access. I've put a couple hundred hours into playing it, and it's actually my third most played game on Steam right now. I've mined to the centers of many planets, especially back before there was really much else to do. I've done the game progression in its various incarnations, and I like the story mode they ended up with. Definitely a lot of fun. Maybe one day, I'll set out to 100% it.

6. Always_Tim

V.I.P. Member

I enjoy NMS. Heck, I even enjoyed it back in the early days before they added bases and freighters and ground-based vehicles and portals and so on. It's certainly a hell of a lot better with all that stuff though and there's no way I'd want to go back to the early versions. :)

I'm really looking forward to the NEXT update coming this summer. The named updates are always huge and they are claiming that this will be their biggest one yet. So they must have been saving up a lot of cool stuff for this one!

To get an idea of how big the updates are, check out the release notes for the first 3 named updates. (I'm not including the unnamed minor updates, which are mostly bug fixes.)
    Here's the announcement for No Man's Sky NEXT, but as usual they aren't saying what's in it yet.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. A Little Batty

In games, I'm the hoarder type. So I enjoyed stealing all the junk and making a pretty ship. Whenever I play it and some of my friends see, they jump in and it tends to be a race of who can collect the most shit.

I'm excited for the next update too. I'm 10 hours into my new game and I've learned between 80 to 100 gek words.
    I will master the Gek!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. DP667

Starbound is an incredible game that I did not give nearly enough attention to.

9. A Little Batty

Well, when NMS first came out, I heard what everyone was saying and didn't want to spend money on something just to try it.
    So I pirated it, as I usually do with games I'm unsure of. If I like, I'll buy it.
    However, I couldn't get it to work well on my PC.
    So I played Starbound to fill the void of wanting to explore space XD

10. DP667

I have a server in my house that runs starbound and minecraft.. I just rarely log into them

• Like Like x 1
  11. A Little Batty

That is great. I used to have a minecraft server for a bit, which I paid for and a bunch of friends played on it.
    But Minecraft just keeps getting heavier and heavier and now I can barely play it lag free without mods.
    AND I LOVE MODS!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DP667

Well I never pay for servers if I can get around it I host it myself. Minecraft has been getting heavier because of the updates. It's also heavy because it's done in JAVA

13. A Little Batty

I can't host a server myself and keep it online all the time.

And yea, I know. I wonder why they went with java anyway -.-'

14. zippypinhead

Wasn't the idea of the non-Java edition of Minecraft that it was going to eventually replace the Java version? I haven't put much time into the Bedrock version, but the cross-platform stuff is definitely intriguing.

15. zippypinhead

It's just what Notch was programming in when he started the project. Minecraft's success was pretty much a perfect storm of luck. I don't think he'd ever meant for it to be what it became.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DP667

To expand on the answer already given, it was the ONLY language he was fluent in programming when he started. He knows more now, but when he started he ONLY was fluent in Java.

• Like Like x 1