AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I actually really like No Man's Sky

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Little Batty

Inactive Cam Model
May 4, 2018
Australia
alittlebatty.com
Twitter Username
@justalilbatty
Tumblr Username
justalilbatty
MFC Username
ALittleBatty
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/604791/A-Little-Batty/
I started playing again yesterday. I played for too long and gave myself a migraine XD

But I started in a universe with the Gek's as the main race. FFFF I LOVE THE GEKS!

I learned 30 Gek words, and met 25 Geks just on the very planet I spawned on.
If it wasn't for the overwhelming heat on the planet, I'd have called it home.

I think the reason why I like NMS is because I went in with zero expectations.
It was something I wanted to try and I knew someone who owned it on PC.
So I had a go, thinking it was going to be the shittiest thing ever, but I actually liked it.

Then I was in a EB Games shop and saw it on PS4 second hand on sale for $23AUD and snapped it up.
I was at the counter when the guy there actually offered me a collectors edition for the same price.

So yea, now I own a special little box, that has a steel case inside and a little art book.

Anyone else actually like the game for what it is and hopes it gets better?

I started playing again yesterday. I played for too long and gave myself a migraine XD

But I started in a universe with the Gek's as the main race. FFFF I LOVE THE GEKS!

So I had a go, thinking it was going to be the shittiest thing ever, but I actually liked it.

Then I was in a EB Games shop and saw it on PS4 second hand on sale for $23AUD and snapped it up.
I was at the counter when the guy there actually offered me a collectors edition for the same price.

So yea, now I own a special little box, that has a steel case inside and a little art book.

I find if you don't get hyped up for a game it is a lot better than these games we build ourselves up for. I've never personally played NMS but I think a lot of the reason people hated it so much was the hype built around it by developers and gamers. I had a similar thing occur with the division. I built up the hype for 2 years after it's E3 announcement and was savagely disappointed. I've been much more pleased with titles I didn't really build up in my mind and heart.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
I definitely like No Man's Sky. It's the sort of space exploration sim I've been wanting for a long time. It straddles a good middle ground between the really in-depth sim-y games and a more casual experience. I have a big ship with lots of storage that I'm fixing up, and I've claimed a base, and I've seen some cools stuff. My biggest problem is that the aimlessness of procedural-generated sandboxes leaves me wanting narrative structure after a while. Still, I've put about 20 hours into it, and if my laptop could run it a bit better, I'd probably play it more regularly.

I find if you don't get hyped up for a game it is a lot better than these games we build ourselves up for. I've never personally played NMS but I think a lot of the reason people hated it so much was the hype built around it by developers and gamers. I had a similar thing occur with the division. I built up the hype for 2 years after it's E3 announcement and was savagely disappointed. I've been much more pleased with titles I didn't really build up in my mind and heart.

I feels you there. I've been hyped for Kingdom Hearts 3 for years, and I'm afraid of this happening. I'm already disappointed in the number of worlds we're getting and what's already been confirmed. I'm gonna be so mad though if they drop halloween town. I LIVE for KH halloween!!!

I definitely like No Man's Sky. It's the sort of space exploration sim I've been wanting for a long time. It straddles a good middle ground between the really in-depth sim-y games and a more casual experience. I have a big ship with lots of storage that I'm fixing up, and I've claimed a base, and I've seen some cools stuff. My biggest problem is that the aimlessness of procedural-generated sandboxes leaves me wanting narrative structure after a while. Still, I've put about 20 hours into it, and if my laptop could run it a bit better, I'd probably play it more regularly.

Have you played Starbound? I was late to the game on that and I really enjoyed it.

I like in No Man's Sky when you find a creature that has tiny little wings and fly around, or when you find a huge ass creature with an itty bitty head.

Reactions: zippypinhead
Have you played Starbound? I was late to the game on that and I really enjoyed it.

Oh yeah. I got into Starbound way back when it was in early early access. I've put a couple hundred hours into playing it, and it's actually my third most played game on Steam right now. I've mined to the centers of many planets, especially back before there was really much else to do. I've done the game progression in its various incarnations, and I like the story mode they ended up with. Definitely a lot of fun. Maybe one day, I'll set out to 100% it.

I enjoy NMS. Heck, I even enjoyed it back in the early days before they added bases and freighters and ground-based vehicles and portals and so on. It's certainly a hell of a lot better with all that stuff though and there's no way I'd want to go back to the early versions. :)

I'm really looking forward to the NEXT update coming this summer. The named updates are always huge and they are claiming that this will be their biggest one yet. So they must have been saving up a lot of cool stuff for this one!

To get an idea of how big the updates are, check out the release notes for the first 3 named updates. (I'm not including the unnamed minor updates, which are mostly bug fixes.)
Here's the announcement for No Man's Sky NEXT, but as usual they aren't saying what's in it yet.

• Helpful!
Oh yeah. I got into Starbound way back when it was in early early access. I've put a couple hundred hours into playing it, and it's actually my third most played game on Steam right now. I've mined to the centers of many planets, especially back before there was really much else to do. I've done the game progression in its various incarnations, and I like the story mode they ended up with. Definitely a lot of fun. Maybe one day, I'll set out to 100% it.

In games, I'm the hoarder type. So I enjoyed stealing all the junk and making a pretty ship. Whenever I play it and some of my friends see, they jump in and it tends to be a race of who can collect the most shit.

I enjoy NMS. Heck, I even enjoyed it back in the early days before they added bases and freighters and ground-based vehicles and portals and so on. It's certainly a hell of a lot better with all that stuff though and there's no way I'd want to go back to the early versions. :)

I'm really looking forward to the NEXT update coming this summer. The named updates are always huge and they are claiming that this will be their biggest one yet. So they must have been saving up a lot of cool stuff for this one!

To get an idea of how big the updates are, check out the release notes for the first 3 named updates. (I'm not including the unnamed minor updates, which are mostly bug fixes.)
Here's the announcement for No Man's Sky NEXT, but as usual they aren't saying what's in it yet.

I'm excited for the next update too. I'm 10 hours into my new game and I've learned between 80 to 100 gek words.
I will master the Gek!!!!

Starbound is an incredible game that I did not give nearly enough attention to.

Starbound is an incredible game that I did not give nearly enough attention to.
Well, when NMS first came out, I heard what everyone was saying and didn't want to spend money on something just to try it.
So I pirated it, as I usually do with games I'm unsure of. If I like, I'll buy it.
However, I couldn't get it to work well on my PC.
So I played Starbound to fill the void of wanting to explore space XD

Well, when NMS first came out, I heard what everyone was saying and didn't want to spend money on something just to try it.
So I pirated it, as I usually do with games I'm unsure of. If I like, I'll buy it.
However, I couldn't get it to work well on my PC.
So I played Starbound to fill the void of wanting to explore space XD

I have a server in my house that runs starbound and minecraft.. I just rarely log into them

Reactions: A Little Batty
I have a server in my house that runs starbound and minecraft.. I just rarely log into them

That is great. I used to have a minecraft server for a bit, which I paid for and a bunch of friends played on it.
But Minecraft just keeps getting heavier and heavier and now I can barely play it lag free without mods.
AND I LOVE MODS!!

Reactions: DP667
That is great. I used to have a minecraft server for a bit, which I paid for and a bunch of friends played on it.
But Minecraft just keeps getting heavier and heavier and now I can barely play it lag free without mods.
AND I LOVE MODS!!

Well I never pay for servers if I can get around it I host it myself. Minecraft has been getting heavier because of the updates. It's also heavy because it's done in JAVA

Well I never pay for servers if I can get around it I host it myself. Minecraft has been getting heavier because of the updates. It's also heavy because it's done in JAVA

I can't host a server myself and keep it online all the time.

And yea, I know. I wonder why they went with java anyway -.-'

Wasn't the idea of the non-Java edition of Minecraft that it was going to eventually replace the Java version? I haven't put much time into the Bedrock version, but the cross-platform stuff is definitely intriguing.

It's just what Notch was programming in when he started the project. Minecraft's success was pretty much a perfect storm of luck. I don't think he'd ever meant for it to be what it became.

To expand on the answer already given, it was the ONLY language he was fluent in programming when he started. He knows more now, but when he started he ONLY was fluent in Java.

Haven't played it yet but I am very excited about it FINALLY becoming available on Xbox One later this month.

The big new NEXT update happened this week. I was going to wait to download it, but GOG had other ideas. I booted it up for a few minutes tonight. I guess there's lots of changes. I know most folks are stoked about actual multiplayer. My computer is still barely enough to handle it, but I have to admit I'm excited to try 3rd person perspective. It just feels like it should always have been a 3rd person game.

Third person does feel good for the most part, although I've had a few weird targeting issues while using it. I've gone back to first person for now; hopefully they improve third person soon.

Also, there are a ton of bugs in NEXT (just as there have been in all the major updates). They've already put out a few patches and there will probably be a ton more over the next few weeks. NMS is always bit rough during the first few weeks after one of these big updates. But yesterday they patched one of the big bugs I've experienced (freighter says it has no fuel even though the hyperdrive is fully charged) and I'm hoping for a quick fix for the most annoying bug (every time I exit my ship on a planet I instantly have a two star wanted level and two sentinels appear out of nowhere to attack me).

Despite laggy performance, I've been legitimately addicted to NMS since the NEXT update. I haven't had any big bugs hit me, fortunately. I played for sixteen hours yesterday (I'm impressed, but not proud of it.) There's so much to do in this game now, it's ridiculous. Sixty hours in, and aside from a few quick jumps to visit neighboring systems, I haven't really left my starting spot (which completely changed in the update.) I only just built a proper base yesterday, and I still don't have a freighter. I'm working my way through the "tutorial" quest line, and that's been a lot of fun. I just got a couple of valuable blueprints, so I guess some grinding for units is in my future.

I didn't have a PS4 or a PC that could handle it at the time of release so I finally just got it on the Xbox One, about 4 hours in and loving it. Certainly a lot to learn. From the bad reviews and problems at the initial release it seems like waiting until now to play it was the way to go, though it was by circumstance and not choice.

This could very well now be my favorite game ever. I've put in so many hours since the NEXT update. I'm nearly done with the three main stories, and I've been taking my time getting through them, and savoring the experience. I've gained 70% of the achievements, and the rest are going to be completed pretty soon. It can get grindy and buggy, and do so in weird ways, but I don't care! I love the story. I love the meta-narrative and all the Fourth Wall breaking. I love the way the game feels and plays, even though my computer chugs along like the Little Engine That Could every time I land on a planet. I love the planets.
Aug-17@15.47.40.jpg

I love how crazy they can get, and how much crazier they might get in the future.

Look how terrifying this is.

Aug-11@18.45.49.jpg

And this #nofilter (chromatic systems are eerie.)

Aug-11@17.8.3.jpg

I love the weirdo creatures

Aug-4@18.31.43.jpg
even the twentieth time I've seen pretty much the same one.

I love working to turn my giant Warhammer 40k space cathedral freighter (that always generates a beautiful halo of ships orbiting around it) into a mobile base, so I can just keep traveling.

Aug-15@19.36.46.jpg

I love looking for cool starships.

Aug-6@3.37.37.jpg

I love that my unremarkable-looking fighter
Aug-15@20.46.51.jpg Aug-15@22.54.37.jpg

is actually a fully kitted S-Class death machine raining fire and fury down on any pack of pirates that thinks they can have my "valuable cargo".

I am so excited about my trip to the center of Euclid, and going beyond!

It's every trippy, pulpy, dreamy, garishly-colored space opera I've ever fallen in love with. I want to play it in VR. I want to fucking live in No Man's Sky.

I've played something like 60 hours or more now... addicted isn't strong enough of a word.

Just went and looked at my hours in this game....holy shit. 147. Guess it's fair to say I like No Man's Sky, lol.
However, i'm having an issue with the latest big update--it's now impossible to find plutonium! At least it is on the barren moon where i'm completely stranded. Ah well. :p

My boyfriend really loved the game and didn't let other people's experiences color his vision of it. He hasn't played all of the new content, though. So I'm willing to bet he'd really enjoy it again.

My boyfriend really loved the game and didn't let other people's experiences color his vision of it. He hasn't played all of the new content, though. So I'm willing to bet he'd really enjoy it again.

If he hasn't played since the "Next" update that came out in August of 2018, he should definitely give it another go. I hadn't played it before Next, but from what I understand it's almost like a brand new and better game in many ways.

I don't do very good with games that have no goal/quest lines. Is No Man's Sky just exploring or is there another element that I'm missing?

I don't do very good with games that have no goal/quest lines. Is No Man's Sky just exploring or is there another element that I'm missing?
Most of it is exploring or base building. (And a bunch of gathering/farming/crafting materials to be able to build stuff.)

There are a few short quest lines that you have to go through to unlock stuff and a few story-related quest lines, although they're pretty skimpy. Most of the story is implied and somewhat ambiguous.

This is not a game that gives you a lot of direction. Most of the quests are randomly generated fetch quests or "kill N things" sorts of stuff. I'm guessing that you wouldn't particularly like it.

Hello Games mentioned a big update in 2019 and this radio silence from them is killing me. Just give me a few things and I won't need any major updates again; let me paint my ships, let me keep just a few more star ships, like 8 or 10. Maybe some multi person ships for multiplayer, would that not be bitchin' or what? And a few more ships with moving parts at takeoff, it sounds dumb but even though I'm not a fan of the exotic ships I do like how the wings fold and unfold at takeoff and landing. If nothing else just let me pant my ships! I don't need to be able to swap out wing and body components or anything, just let me sexy them up a bit with some new colors!

Anyway... I just wish they would say something, even if its' just a "don't worry it's still coming".

Status
Not open for further replies.