AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

No Man's Sky

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap, I built my machine 3 years ago, and recently updated the video card.
I have 16GB of ram, GTX 960, and an i5.....yeah, so I'll wait...
Some people with older systems are running the game with no problems, it seems random who can run it and who cannot.

Reactions: UncleThursday
Anyone that wants to play it on the PC is better off waiting for a few more patches I think. My computer has 32GB of ram, a GTX 1080, and a 4 GHz Intel Core i7. But when I was turning on the ground I still had terrible frame drops.

Yeah, the Roosterteeth/The Know stream I was watching had it pretty much unplayable, and they were using a 1070. I did get a HUGE framerate drop after 6 hours the other day, like even the menus were horrendous.

Holy crap, I built my machine 3 years ago, and recently updated the video card.
I have 16GB of ram, GTX 960, and an i5.....yeah, so I'll wait...

The actual specs of the machine don't seem to matter, as people with just as good or better video cards than me have issues, while people with older cards seem to be playing mostly fine. The port is so poorly optimized, it just seems to affect every machine differently. I agree with @Shaun__ to definitely wait a few more patches and/or to wait for a sale.

Yeah it's pretty buggy right now. My GTX 770 runs it fine but I still get crashes. NVIDIA just came out with a NMS driver today, and that's helped with the crashes for the most part. Switching the gsync to 'false' (found that on Reddit, see below) helped tremendously after I first installed it. The devs are working on a patch that is supposedly fixing a lot of the problems (they included that Gsync fix as well) and last I heard they are aiming to push it out this week.

But I am playing it and running it well. It's been a lot of fun so far!

The Gsync fix is below. Put it in spoiler text because the link shows up huge on the post:

Okay so the first performance patch hit today and a second one comes next week. Earlier in the week the dev team said that with the new patch frame rates would improve and the game would be more stable (though they did say it may stutter during the loading star system screen if it hadn't previously). All of this is true for me. The game runs remarkably better now (GTX 770) and I haven't crashed once. Also, they fixed Alt Tab so you can lower the game to do whatever. Previously, Alt Tab would take you back to desktop and then you couldn't get back into the game. So it's much better with today's patch.

My NO HYPE PC review.

I agree with much of what you said in the video review and found it a fair assessment. The Alt-Tab issue was fixed for me in the second patch. As far as flying goes, there is a mod out there called LowFlight that lets you fly closer to the surface of the planet (even colliding with it) and it makes the mouse & keyboard controls less clunky planetside. Hello Games has said that once they nail down the performance issues (which they've been doing faster than I thought they'd be able to) they'll focus on adding more into the game. I do have fun with it but it *is* repetitive and does need more there long term.

http://nomansskymods.com/mods/lowflight-by-hytek-packed/#!

Reactions: UncleThursday
Status
Not open for further replies.