AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

No traffic on stripchat

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be really cool if we didn't call whatever other models do degrading or horrible just because it's not something we ourselves would do, it makes us sound like SWERFs. Everyone has different limits and one person's yuck can be another person's yum.

Lots of love to hardcore, groaning models reading this! You do you bbs!
As you can see it kinda does affect other rooms yes. Each to their own.

The issue is not the TYPE of show, but the price they ask for this degrading stuff. Let's not all pretend we don't know how market prices work.

And if they are indeed reading this: good. Up your prices!

The issue is not the TYPE of show, but the price they ask for this degrading stuff. Let's not all pretend we don't know how market prices work.
If a model isn't breaking site rules and you feel that way thats a site admin issue (ie you don't agree with site rules), not another model's issue. Sounds super judgmental imo to be using the word "degrading" in the context of another model's limits. But I'm out, I don't want to upset Amber or other models/ members by getting into a heated debate. I know conflict can be upsetting to many.

And if they are indeed reading this: good. Up your prices!
You're wrong here.
1) can't tell other models what to do and how to price their things and run their business
2) I just finished a very well paid shift being out of service due to lady problems and doing nothing more than dancing, smoking and teasing. There was over 6000 models live on page and scrolling just down the homepage there was tons of models doing explicit shows, toys and all. They are no competition to me because I attract a different crowd.
3) if you feel that sex work is degrading then why are you doing it in the first place? Saying that and being nonchalant about it on a SW forum where there are mostly cam models is a bit disgusting.

I understand frustrating days when tips aren't flowing and the rooms are full of freeloaders but come on... have some class.

You're wrong here.
1) can't tell other models what to do and how to price their things and run their business
2) I just finished a very well paid shift being out of service due to lady problems and doing nothing more than dancing, smoking and teasing. There was over 6000 models live on page and scrolling just down the homepage there was tons of models doing explicit shows, toys and all. They are no competition to me because I attract a different crowd.
3) if you feel that sex work is degrading then why are you doing it in the first place? Saying that and being nonchalant about it on a SW forum where there are mostly cam models is a bit disgusting.

I understand frustrating days when tips aren't flowing and the rooms are full of freeloaders but come on... have some class.
Stop projecting, my week was good. If you want to fight or play obtuse... Not with me.

Jesus Praise GIF by MOODMAN

Lol, ok I'm really leaving. Just really loved that point, (in general, as self-employed reminder to all members and other models).

And I wasn't suggesting it was degrading
I never said you were. If I wanted to respond specifically to you I would've quoted your post. I just found the phrase "naked, groaning models" funny and putting them in opposition to "you guys" (us?) a bit weird and misguided. I'm sure there are naked, groaning models here. Actually I myself do explicit shows in public, so I guess I am one too.

And obviously when the full show is already happening in free then there is very little incentive for the freeloaders to pay.
Why obviously? There are models who log on naked, do hardcore public shows all the time and make bank that way. From my own experience I can say that there's a lot of tippers who ONLY tip during cum shows.

I just found the phrase "naked, groaning models" funny and putting them in opposition to "you guys" (us?) a bit weird and misguided.
Yeah, clumsily put. Agreed. But I'm aware that there will be models on here who are naked in free.
Why obviously? There are models who log on naked, do hardcore public shows all the time and make bank that way. From my own experience I can say that there's a lot of tippers who ONLY tip during cum shows.
Well, I wasn't referring to the members who will happily pay for that kind of show. I was referring to the kind of members who studiously avoid paying for anything.

I think I want to switch to content, since streaming is draining and I have marketing skills. But I'm afraid my efforts won't be rewarded again...

I was referring to the kind of members who studiously avoid paying for anything.
Exactly, they won't pay anyway, so nude or not won't make a difference with them.

And I wasn't suggesting it was degrading or bad in any way (although I'm sure it breaks many site's T&Cs). I'm just saying their customer base is different. And obviously when the full show is already happening in free then there is very little incentive for the freeloaders to pay.
It is not happening for 'free'. The said performance happens after someone or a group of guys has tipped enough tokens. I dont remember how many exactly. But it was in the thousands.

Reactions: alluring_allegra
It is not happening for 'free'. The said performance happens after someone or a group of guys has tipped enough tokens. I dont remember how many exactly. But it was in the thousands.
Read the post where I realise we're talking about Stripchat, not Streamate.

Interesting how this escalated since I last looked.

I don't think anyone's ever going to come to an agreement whether models with cheaper prices will cheapen the expectations of the site members, given that EVERYTHING you can imagine is easily available for free.

Yes, some guys will compare models by their prices, but many others will either see cheap as a minus, or not look at price at all.

Surely it's just a happier place to be in our heads if we're not considering each other as competition, given that none of us have identical looks/personalities.

Myself, I've had a slow couple of weeks on stripchat, but i had better than expected Jan and Feb, it evens out.

I think I want to switch to content, since streaming is draining and I have marketing skills. But I'm afraid my efforts won't be rewarded again...
It can't hurt to try. I think it's wise for us to try as many different areas of the business as we are comfortable with, so we can switch between them as we see fit based on our needs: financial, mental/emotional, physical, etc. Having to do all our work live in front of the camera can be really stressful. All the different branches of the industry feed into each other, and having a presence across them makes us more discoverable. Maybe your best spender doesn't watch live cams and that's why they haven't found you yet. But once someone does find you and decide they really like what you do, very often they will take you up on the other things you offer. So finding ways to get in front of more eyes, even when you're not streaming, is a good goal.

So finding ways to get in front of more eyes, even when you're not streaming, is a good goal.
This is spot on! Some people may not like/have the time to watch live shows but love clips or content. The more ways people can see your content the better chance you have at finding new customers.

It could even be as simple as people not liking buying vids for tokens as you're usually forced to buy a set amount such as 500tks when a vid you want is 350 tks. If you have a clip priced at 9.99 for example on other sites some people would prefer to buy it that way instead of having to spend extra for tks they don't need/want.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Status
Not open for further replies.