AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Obnoxious Boundary Crossing Guy

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieElise

Cam Model
Dec 19, 2019
Twitter Username
@EliMarie717
MFC Username
EliMarie
Streamate Username
MarieElise
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/328205/EliMarie717/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/92217/marie717
So this annoying guy returned to my room last broadcast.
I was having problems w my stream, but a ton of guys had already noted them, and were saying that the whole site was glitchy that day. So I was talking to them about giving me payment via MFC Share for shows on skype. That way everything could still run smooth despite glitches.
(Because Skype was going fine for me, and I have a tip menu option where MFC gets the money, but the show happens on Skype.)

Anyways this guy pops in the conversation (publically) telling me "well I tested your internet speed, and its coming back at me as 30mbs w 1 return speed, so there's a problem with your internet".

Does anyone know what the living fuck he was talking about? He can't access my internet speeds or personal IP can he? I blocked him, because enough obnoxious is enough (and he's been arrogant, stupid and rude before too). Then he somehow managed to message me again telling me "you obviously made a mistake and blocked me from your room. Unblock immediately."

Also is there a way to block him from DMs too? I assumed doing the block while he was in my room would stop DMs also, but apparently he still got through.

Solution
While you’re broadcasting, anytime you ban someone, also put them on ignore. Ignore is permanent, they can’t bother you in DM, MFC mail, or tip notes.

5469B8B4-73C5-468A-BEBC-990B8450619D.jpeg
I was having problems w my stream, but a ton of guys had already noted them, and were saying that the whole site was glitchy that day. So I was talking to them about giving me payment via MFC Share for shows on skype. That way everything could still run smooth despite glitches.
(Because Skype was going fine for me, and I have a tip menu option where MFC gets the money, but the show happens on Skype.)

Anyways this guy pops in the conversation (publically) telling me "well I tested your internet speed, and its coming back at me as 30mbs w 1 return speed, so there's a problem with your internet".

Does anyone know what the living fuck he was talking about? He can't access my internet speeds or personal IP can he? I blocked him, because enough obnoxious is enough (and he's been arrogant, stupid and rude before too). Then he somehow managed to message me again telling me "you obviously made a mistake and blocked me from your room. Unblock immediately."

Also is there a way to block him from DMs too? I assumed doing the block while he was in my room would stop DMs also, but apparently he still got through.
Ignore function is stronger than ban function. Utilize it to the fullest!

Upvote 0
Ignore function is stronger than ban function. Utilize it to the fullest!
I think I'm being a moron, because I couldn't find it. Is it on the actual broadcast screen, or model admin?

Upvote 0
I think I'm being a moron, because I couldn't find it. Is it on the actual broadcast screen, or model admin?
It’s a function on the live broadcaster. You can copy his name from your ban list and add it manually to the ignore list though.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
Log into the model web, click options at the bottom, then the ignores tab. Click add ignore and paste his name in.

CDA2EF04-FA9C-4D68-8B40-58F33791FD2C.jpeg

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
While you’re broadcasting, anytime you ban someone, also put them on ignore. Ignore is permanent, they can’t bother you in DM, MFC mail, or tip notes.

5469B8B4-73C5-468A-BEBC-990B8450619D.jpeg

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
Solution

View attachment 92225
Once again you save the day Amber. Thanks so much. I had no idea, I though ban was as far as I could go. No wonder I'm getting rude messages. Problem solved :party:
Thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0

Does anyone know what the living fuck he was talking about? He can't access my internet speeds or personal IP can he?
He is just making stuff up, he doesn't know what speed you get or your IP address. I worked for a cable company and did 2nd line support, we could see in the logs when customers had done a speed test and we had the IP address for the customer but it is extremely unlikely someone outside the company would know those things.

Upvote 0
He is just making stuff up, he doesn't know what speed you get or your IP address. I worked for a cable company and did 2nd line support, we could see in the logs when customers had done a speed test and we had the IP address for the customer but it is extremely unlikely someone outside the company would know those things.
Thank you. This guy has no ideas what city I'm in, who I get my service from, or anything like that. So I guess he's just a wannabe speed test psychic w absolutely zero social skills, possibly hoping to dupe me, since he found me in the new model's section.

Upvote 0
"Unblock immediately" ???? Holy shit. Who does he think he is?! He was probably just seeing his own internet speed of your feed on his ISP. Damn, though.
Oh man you have no idea.
Before that he wrote me a DM introducing himself (no tip, no money spent) with 4 paragraphs going on and on about himself, and his fetish.
Then he ended it with this phrase "Remember at all times on this site when you interact with me; YOU WORK FOR ME, I DON'T WORK FOR YOU."
I think he used bold not capslock, but still...

Upvote 0
Then he ended it with this phrase "Remember at all times on this site when you interact with me; YOU WORK FOR ME, I DON'T WORK FOR YOU."
I would have banned, extended to lifetime ban, and ignored this guy IMMEDIATELY.

Upvote 0

Don't ya just love these clowns who swear up and down that anytime a crowded cam site fucks up, it's because the model's "internet is shit?" Lol. Nevermind the fact that others could see/hear us just fine, and that the OBS box is green (like it's supposed to be). It couldn't possibly be because the member lives with his momma in the middle of nowhere where they have garbage internet...or the fact that he has multiple models' rooms open (Because, apparently, having one pair of titties in their face isn't enough...) and is doing all kinds of other shit with his Wi-Fi. :facepalm:

Upvote 0
I would have banned, extended to lifetime ban, and ignored this guy IMMEDIATELY.
Yeah my thinking was that on a token site I'd have to be more friendly and less of a ban hammer. But it sounds like even on token sites I can ban guys for stuff like this without worrying. I definitely don't want to go the other extreme. My first night I was super hesitant to ban, incase I was making mistakes or not fully understanding. Now, on the other hand, it's on! lol

And yes @yummybrownfox the fact my whole public chat was already filled with a prior conversation about it too. Something like 3 separate guys all told me that they were having problems in other rooms too, yet he feels it's appropriate to tell me he's running a diagnostics test on my internet "right now" and that its definitely me that's the "problem". SMDH. Like I don't even have a busy room, he could see the writing on the Wall... literally.

It's just kind of rude to say that to a cam model, and even if it were true, say it privately if he wants to be helpful.

Upvote 0
Yeah my thinking was that on a token site I'd have to be more friendly and less of a ban hammer. But it sounds like even on token sites I can ban guys for stuff like this without worrying. I definitely don't want to go the other extreme. My first night I was super hesitant to ban, incase I was making mistakes or not fully understanding. Now, on the other hand, it's on! lol

And yes @yummybrownfox the fact my whole public chat was already filled with a prior conversation about it too. Something like 3 separate guys all told me that they were having problems in other rooms too, yet he feels it's appropriate to tell me he's running a diagnostics test on my internet "right now" and that its definitely me that's the "problem". SMDH. Like I don't even have a busy room, he could see the writing on the Wall... literally.

It's just kind of rude to say that to a cam model, and even if it were true, say it privately if he wants to be helpful.
Other members usually don't like people like that either so if you ban people like him you are doing everyone a favor.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.