AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS available on MFC: HD Streaming!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I use OBS my "go private" buttons are grey and not clickable. Is there a way to fix this? or is that how it is supposed to be?

My settings are set to accept regular, true and group privates. I've cleared my cache, and data as this seems to be the solutions MFC gives when there is a problem like this. I've also selected all the boxes and re checked and saved them.

Reactions: Bellatrix Bandit
When I use OBS my "go private" buttons are grey and not clickable. Is there a way to fix this? or is that how it is supposed to be?

My settings are set to accept regular, true and group privates. I've cleared my cache, and data as this seems to be the solutions MFC gives when there is a problem like this. I've also selected all the boxes and re checked and saved them.
In the OBS beta, private and group are not available. You'll need to use the standard version for now in order to accept those shows.

Has anyone had this error message show up? I'm pretty well versed in OBS (I'm a Twitch streamer) but I must be doing something wrong with MFC...
I saw something like that once, but when I reloaded it had resolved itself. Not sure if it was that exact message though.

yep just had to refresh and it worked. But not well....video quality was bad. Hopefully they can get it solid soon because I'd be so excited to play around with OBS!
I streamed on the beta for just over 3 hours last night with only a couple small hiccups, and the quality was fine. The quality of the feed most likely depends on your connection, or the connection of your viewers.

Has anyone had this error message show up? I'm pretty well versed in OBS (I'm a Twitch streamer) but I must be doing something wrong with MFC...

I am continuously getting this error message, and it's keeping me from using OBS a lot of the time. Sometimes, I'll refresh or restart the program and it'll fix it, but other times, it seems nothing will fix it. It's very frustrating:cry:

I am continuously getting this error message, and it's keeping me from using OBS a lot of the time. Sometimes, I'll refresh or restart the program and it'll fix it, but other times, it seems nothing will fix it. It's very frustrating:cry:

Same. It's really frustrating. Happens during shows, too. Actually feels like it got worse and more frequent.

I've seen people mention OBS Virtual Cam, but when I use that there is something weird about the image. It doesn't seem low res, but somehow broken. It only appears to be an issue on MFC. I've set all resolutions to 800x600, but that doesn't seem to help. Is there any fix or is that just how things are?

My GF and I have been trying to get started on MFC and using OBS to deliver an HD stream. So far we’ve had zero success as each time we Start Streaming in OBS we are unable to “Attach the Stream” and get the preview (which comes in as expected) in the window to sync up. We’ve also had experiences where we’ve had the OBS error re: the server / server-key not being valid. The system specs we are using should be way more than sufficient and our upload is rated at 10mbs+ (even higher during the evenings when she is attempting to stream), it really seems like it’s a MFC problem, but then I wonder why we haven’t been able to connect at all.

Has anyone tried XSplit and see if that’s at all compatible with the model web broadcaster?

I've seen people mention OBS Virtual Cam, but when I use that there is something weird about the image. It doesn't seem low res, but somehow broken. It only appears to be an issue on MFC. I've set all resolutions to 800x600, but that doesn't seem to help. Is there any fix or is that just how things are?
I use OBS as virtual cam daily (when I’m not testing the HD beta) and it runs like a dream for me. Not sure what you’re experiencing.
Has anyone tried XSplit and see if that’s at all compatible with the model web broadcaster?
Before switching to OBS I used Xsplit for months. It works fine as virtual cam but is slightly more clunky and difficult to use than OBS, and of course does not work with MFCs HD beta.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
I just can’t understand why her stream would be choppy or slow at all; we have a tremendously fast internet (over 80 down and over 15 up) along with a monstrously powerful gaming computer.

I just can’t understand why her stream would be choppy or slow at all; we have a tremendously fast internet (over 80 down and over 15 up) along with a monstrously powerful gaming computer.
Starting with the basic's is the preview window stable. Or is that one also choppy ? There are some know issues with certain logitech cams and OBS. They have decoding issues. Easy to fix.

Starting with the basic's is the preview window stable. Or is that one also choppy ? There are some know issues with certain logitech cams and OBS. They have decoding issues. Easy to fix.
When connecting OBS via the rtmp connection, there is no live preview window on the modelweb side. The only video we can see is directly on our OBS window.

Before going "live" there may be a still image, or choppy slow image on the modelweb preview screen, but it should go black when actually broadcasting. We cannot base any judgment of what our stream looks like based on that window on the modelweb.

Just in case there was any confusion on that.

My GF and I have been trying to get started on MFC and using OBS to deliver an HD stream.
Side note, but when you're helping her get her stream up, make sure you're never actually ON cam, even if you think you're not broadcasting. Her account will be banned if you appear on her cam at all. (It would seem by your avatar you are a dude. :) )

Thanks Amber; we do make sure I'm completely offscreen and/or not even in the room when she is going live.

Just to test yesterday (I haven't been gaming for a while) I set myself up to stream to twitch; maxed out the settings and streamed at a 6000 kb bitrate for over an hour at 1980x1080 @ 30FPS with no bitrate problems or dropped frames (I used Twitch Inspector to perform the dx on the stream).

When we first run the Web Broadcaster (WB) it shows us a black box frame with a box labeled "Waiting for OBS Feeds. Start Streaming in OBS studio." with a second box below that labeled "Awaiting Stream". Further there is greyed out text in the lower part of the frame that says "Not Broadcasting - Start Streaming in OBS Studio"

When we click "Start Streaming" inside our OBS program it changes quickly to waiting and says "Awaiting Preview" and then after a few more seconds the window does display the stream feed albeit at a rate of about 0.5 frames per second (i.e. extremely choppy).

Additionally the two boxes disappear and replaced with a new box labeled "Awaiting Attach" and a green link that says "Attach this stream." The bottom of the frame still contains the greyed out text "Not Broadcasting - Starting streaming in OBS Studio"

Clicking "Attach this stream" does nothing; the preview window continues to show an extremely choppy preview of our OBS stream and nothing ever changes.

She has instead been relying on the default "High Performance" option within the WB; however even that has been causing viewers to report choppy/lagged performacne and she has resorted to streaming like a potato on the unbelievably low quality Standard mode - which does seem to mostly be working (even if it looks terrible).

• Hugs
Reactions: AmberCutie
Additionally the two boxes disappear and replaced with a new box labeled "Awaiting Attach" and a green link that says "Attach this stream." The bottom of the frame still contains the greyed out text "Not Broadcasting - Starting streaming in OBS Studio"

Clicking "Attach this stream" does nothing; the preview window continues to show an extremely choppy preview of our OBS stream and nothing ever changes.
That actually sounds like an issue I had way back when MFC first introduced the beta. It was fixed shortly after I reported it to the admins. Hmm. I'll relay this info to them and see if I get a response about it.

As for the bitrate, I was told it's best not to go over like 4500 for MFC streaming. Unrelated, I'm sure, just figured I'd mention it.

That actually sounds like an issue I had way back when MFC first introduced the beta. It was fixed shortly after I reported it to the admins. Hmm. I'll relay this info to them and see if I get a response about it.

As for the bitrate, I was told it's best not to go over like 4500 for MFC streaming. Unrelated, I'm sure, just figured I'd mention it.

Thanks that would be SOO great.

I also tried to replicate their low-def settings by limiting the bitrate to 1000 and downscaling to 320x240 (all in OBS) and streaming at those settings. Still generates same problems.

Thanks that would be SOO great.

I also tried to replicate their low-def settings by limiting the bitrate to 1000 and downscaling to 320x240 (all in OBS) and streaming at those settings. Still generates same problems.
Yeah I don't imagine the bitrate had anything to do with the bug you're encountering, but when you DO get things figured out and use the beta feed, lowering the bitrate may make for a smoother experience for everyone. On Twitch, viewers can adjust the feed to accommodate their Internet capabilities. On MFC that isn't quite an option yet.

Yeah I don't imagine the bitrate had anything to do with the bug you're encountering, but when you DO get things figured out and use the beta feed, lowering the bitrate may make for a smoother experience for everyone. On Twitch, viewers can adjust the feed to accommodate their Internet capabilities. On MFC that isn't quite an option yet.

That’s good advice; as a Twitch streamer my goal was just to stream as hard as my CPU and bandwidth could handle. It’s kinda sad that MFC has such a poor set of server systems for throttling bandwidth and modulating bitrates. I even noticed that MFC isn’t in the drop down list of pre-set OBS servers but even Nood.tv is!!!

None-the-less we can’t wait to get some HD quality going (not to mention the cute OBS graphics and overlays we built); I just hope with your help (and MFC) we can figure out how to get over this issue.

Any chance that they deliberately throttle or sabotage the stream capabilities of a new account?

About the preview window i referred to the OBS part. So to determine if it is encoder side or the stream side that is causing the trouble.
@AmberCutie Is mfc not supporting multiple bitrates in their streams ?
I think they will eventually, but it isn't available at this point of the beta.

Any chance that they deliberately throttle or sabotage the stream capabilities of a new account?
Absolutely not.

So I decided to try xSplit. Same results. Interesting though; xSplit has a built-in throttle test which I ran on the MFC rtmp server and got fantastic results.
MFC-test2.jpg

So it succesfully streamed to MFC rtmp for 30 secs at 4101 kbps with 0 dropped frames.

However, same as with OBS when I actually start the streaming I am unable to get past this point..mfc-test3.jpg

No matter how many times or how long I click on "Attach this stream" nothing ever changes or does it start broadcasting :(

Is this actually working for anyone? 90% of the time, OBS can't even connect to the rtmp server. Every once in a while, it does work. Tonight, I couldnt get it to work at all. If I change the "-a" in the rtmp server url to "-b" it does connect. However, half the people couldn't see the feed. It's not my end as I have zero problems whatsoever using OBS on Chaturbate. MFC really needs to get their shit together on this. Not having HD in 2018 is like not having color TV in 1998.

I use OBS as virtual cam daily (when I’m not testing the HD beta) and it runs like a dream for me. Not sure what you’re experiencing.

Before switching to OBS I used Xsplit for months. It works fine as virtual cam but is slightly more clunky and difficult to use than OBS, and of course does not work with MFCs HD beta.

Hmm, I've been able to get it to work. I guess the preview on MFC doesn't tell you much. I'm not exactly sure what makes it work, because it sometimes seems to work and sometimes not. It's great when it does work though.

Is this actually working for anyone? 90% of the time, OBS can't even connect to the rtmp server. Every once in a while, it does work. Tonight, I couldnt get it to work at all
I'm experiencing the same issues. It's pretty annoying, because everything is just so much better when you can stream with OBS.

I guess the preview on MFC doesn't tell you much.
When using OBS as a virtual cam, the video window on MFC's broadcaster (at least the modelweb, not sure about the .exe version) should show you moving in real time and be clear. It's only when using OBS as rtmp that you'd get a black or broken image on the video window.

If you're talking about what it shows before you go online and just use "cam preview" yeah, that one can be fudgy no matter what you're using lol. Actually logging on/broadcasting is probably required to test out your OBS virtual cam situation.

Thank you all, especially @AmberCutie, for the helpful tutorials and info on getting OBS working on MFC. This opens up so many great and creative opportunities! From what I gathered MFC was acting up on everybody today but switching over to OBS from manycam seemed to help me make the most of it :cat: totally saved my butt today!

If you're talking about what it shows before you go online and just use "cam preview" yeah, that one can be fudgy no matter what you're using lol. Actually logging on/broadcasting is probably required to test out your OBS virtual cam situation.
Yeah, that's what I meant. It has been fine in the past times, so I guess it's working.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.