AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS available on MFC: HD Streaming!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Some of you may have noticed over the last few days, some models on MFC have had HD/Widescreen broadcasts on MFC. You're not crazy! MFC has added in support for OBS.

EDIT: MFC has made their own basic instructions for OBS on their Wiki page. THEY ALSO ALLOW PRIVATE, GROUP AND CLUB DIRECT ON OBS NOW. THEIR OWN WIKI MIGHT BE EASIER TO FOLLOW THAN THIS AS MINE IS SLIGHTLY OUTDATED. (added note Oct 7, 2020)

I tested it out for them on Wednesday, then they updated our Model Web Broadcaster (and the .exe but this post will focus on the MWB only) on Friday making it available for any model to use.

And it's fantastic.

Below are some very very basic steps to get going on this:
(Note: these screenshots and instructions are for Windows only. On macOS there are different settings.)

Start by going to https://obsproject.com/ and reading a bit on that page about how Open Broadcaster Software works. Then download the program...

Now that you've downloaded OBS, open it up and get familiar with the interface. :)

Then open your MFC Model Web Broadcaster page, click Options on the bottom of the screen, and select OBS on the Video tab.

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 2.45.51 PM.png

Click the Stream Key &URL link on that window. It will take you to another window that has your stream URL and a Streamkey. (The streamkey is like a password, never show it to anyone!) Click Save.

On OBS, Click the Settings button

buttons.PNG

Click Stream on the menu. Select Custom on the stream type, copy/paste your stream URL from the model web window into URL, then copy/paste your Stream key. Hit apply.

enter streamkey.PNG

Click Video on the menu, set the canvas and output resolution to whatever you're going to broadcast in. If you have a cam that only does 720p select that instead of 1080:

canvas and resolution.PNG

Hit Apply then go to Output on the menu.
Set your Video Bitrate to whatever you think is best. Take a look at this page to get an understanding of this and other settings - https://stream.twitch.tv/encoding/ - and decide which is best for you.
You can also tell OBS where to save your recordings on this page, as well as select recording format. I think most people prefer mp4:

bitrate and recording settings.PNG

Click OK and go back to main OBS window.
Here you'll add stuff to your first Scene. Click the plus button and select Video Capture Device:

add stuff to scene.png

Name your cam whatever (I called mine Webcam 1080p) then OK:

add cam.PNG

In the Sources area you'll now see your cam as an option. Right click it there, and go to Properties.
Select your webcam on the Device dropdown (you'll need to have it plugged in first, if it doesn't show up, plug in your cam and reopen this window.)

cam settings.PNG

Select Custom for Resolution/FPS type, then whichever resolution you want to broadcast at:

cam settings 2.PNG

Scroll down on that window a little more, and add your microphone to the webcam properties by clicking "Use custom audio device" then select your microphone in the dropdown:

cam audio settings.PNG

Click OK and go back to your main OBS window. You should see your webcam video on the canvas now. If it doesn't fit the window, right click on the webcam, then "Transform" and "fit to screen"

transform.png

That should snap it perfectly into frame if you have your canvas size set to the same as your cam resolution.

If you see your video, it looks good, and you've completed all of the other settings steps, you should be able to broadcast! Make sure you have the Model Web open and set to OBS, then click Start Streaming on OBS:

startstream.png

On the Model Web, you may see your preview image start. It will NOT be a smooth video, it will look jumpy and like a slide show. That's how it's supposed to look. During broadcasting on MFC you'll need to refer to your OBS window to see your actual moving video image. :)

You'll need to click the bright green ATTACH THIS STREAM that pops up over the video feed on your MWB.

Then click the Start streaming in OBS Studio button to broadcast to MFC:
startstream2.PNG

You're online! Smile!

Make sure to ask people in your room how your feed looks and how your audio is coming through.

If you'd like to have your video feed cover the section of the MWB window, right click on the feed on your OBS window, and click "projector preview". Then simply resize that and move it to cover that area of your page. Then right click that preview window and click "always on top."

That's a start to get you running, there may be other details you don't understand of OBS yet, feel free to ask and I'll do my best (or others can chime in if they are familiar with the program) to reply with help.

Last edited:
A very well written guide. Does this work for CamYou also or is it only MFC at the moment? I hope we are going to see models do some interesting broadcasting stuff with OBS in the future. :)
I can't imagine it being any different on CamYou since it's the same Model Web interface, but I don't know if they've added it there yet.

Reactions: Tilly and des
I've seen some higher definition videos from models recenetly, so this is a good thing to make it even better. :)

If I read this right, are you saying they now support 1080p? :O
I've been streaming in 1080p with this process the last 3 times I broadcast on MFC.

Thanks for the tutorial, I'm trying to set this up now! Everything was going fine until I went to the "properties" on my webcam - it doesn't show all the options that it shows for yours. When I go to webcam properties, the only options it shows is "Device" (where I pick my webcam from the dropdown menu) and "Preset" where it allows me to choose my resolution - with 1280x720 being the highest I can choose. It also has a checkbox that says "use preset" and when I Uncheck that box, it allows me to put in a higher resolution (1080), but then it doesn't show my video in the preview screen anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: AmberCutie
Thanks for the tutorial, I'm trying to set this up now! Everything was going fine until I went to the "properties" on my webcam - it doesn't show all the options that it shows for yours. When I go to webcam properties, the only options it shows is "Device" (where I pick my webcam from the dropdown menu) and "Preset" where it allows me to choose my resolution - with 1280x720 being the highest I can choose. It also has a checkbox that says "use preset" and when I Uncheck that box, it allows me to put in a higher resolution (1080), but then it doesn't show my video in the preview screen anymore.
What webcam are you using? Also are you on mac or pc?

Reactions: CoraBorealis
Shoot, there may be a different interface on mac. I'll update my post to note that the screenshots are from pc.
Yep I just looked on mac and it's very different. And on a mac, you won't have Logitech drivers for your cam, so it may not allow you to go beyond 720. :(

This may also hold true for Linux.
I feel like if a cam model is using Linux they already have some computer sense about them to know how to deal with/circumvent certain issues. :D

One thing I noticed by checking out a few models streaming in HD is that the sound quality is much better since this upgrade allows for a higher bitrate so there is less audio clipping because of the compression. This should be very exciting for all the audiophiles out there. :)
This was my experience as well, yes!

I feel like if a cam model is using Linux they already have some computer sense about them to know how to deal with/circumvent certain issues. :D

Yes and no. Sometimes we Linux users have basic drivers, and not much else because manufacturers won't create software for the platform. I haven't dug much into my camera options. I just plug it in and it works for the couple of times I need it.

Yes and no. Sometimes we Linux users have basic drivers, and not much else because manufacturers won't create software for the platform. I haven't dug much into my camera options. I just plug it in and it works for the couple of times I need it.
Cam performers who use Linux are likely more informed when it comes to this than the average "I just use my webcam for fun" types. Ya know, since it's their job.

Cam performers who use Linux are likely more informed when it comes to this than the average "I just use my webcam for fun" types. Ya know, since it's their job.

Very true, there's usually a fairly in depth config file that one can tweak. But, sometimes, it also isn't there beyond simple drivers or poorly written options due to being open source. I dug into things on my camera a while back but ran into some hurdles I wasn't willing to spend the time on. Usually, the more common cams have better community support than the lesser ones.

Used to be a time where I dug heavily into the Linux workstation realm. But, not for many years. Don't have time to as much any more.

does it actually stream it at 1080p30 or will it be transcoded down to 720p30 to the viewer by MFC?

does it actually stream it at 1080p30 or will it be transcoded down to 720p30 to the viewer by MFC?
It seems of right now, MFC is broadcasting the same as the source/whatever the model has it set to.

That's what I was trying to say, I think the joke/point may have been missed. ;)

(Regular ol' casual cam models probably aren't running Linux was my point. People who'd run that OS may be more technically inclined and able to figure out solutions to their OBS troubles. And a model who is serious enough about the job to want to run OBS would probably run a more compatible OS anyway.)

Do you guys have tips on what kind of overlays to use? I’m scared I’ll go too ham on them and it’ll be more distracting than anything. I was considering using one that showed the highest tippers of all time, but I would have to manually update it right?

Do you guys have tips on what kind of overlays to use? I’m scared I’ll go too ham on them and it’ll be more distracting than anything. I was considering using one that showed the highest tippers of all time, but I would have to manually update it right?
Yes but it is easy to add a text as a source in OBS and edit it as you need.As a plus there are lots of cool fonts that you can download and use. I don't think you have to go crazy with the overlay, make some simple logo and save it as a png file so you can have it transparent, then add it as a source and stick it in a corner of the frame.

Some of you may have noticed over the last few days, some models on MFC have had HD/Widescreen broadcasts on MFC. You're not crazy! MFC has added in support for OBS.

I tested it out for them on Wednesday, then they updated our Model Web Broadcaster (and the .exe but this post will focus on the MWB only) on Friday making it available for any model to use.

And it's fantastic.

Below are some very very basic steps to get going on this:

This looks awesome, and thanks so much for all of the work you did to document this for others.

You said that we should "...copy/paste your stream URL from the model web window into URL, then copy/paste your Stream key. Hit apply." Where on the model web window is that URL?

This looks awesome, and thanks so much for all of the work you did to document this for others.

You said that we should "...copy/paste your stream URL from the model web window into URL, then copy/paste your Stream key. Hit apply." Where on the model web window is that URL?
Reading the tutorial it should be in the window that pops up when the OBS Setup Information link is pressed.

Reading the tutorial it should be in the window that pops up when the OBS Setup Information link is pressed.

If anyone has a screenshot of that intermediate screen I would like to record it. (Hide the screenkey, obviously.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.