AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS connection problems

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2022
Lately i've been getting a lot of sudden dissconect/reconnect issues on my stream. OBS just stops working for a brief second and then goes back online again. I wouldn't say that it's that big of a deal but it slightly ruins room mood because some people have to refresh chat room page.

Am i the only one who is currently having these issues?

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sophiestique
I was camming just fine on MyFreeCams and Stripchat with ShineModel and OBS at first. And then I started to read this thread, and then suddenly my OBS started going crazy (Giving me the red light and the yellow light, which is a bad sign) and dropping frames, and then I was getting disconnected from the cam sites. Usually I have problems with ShineModel disconnecting me from one of the sites. I hadn't had this issue with OBS in a while. Now I'm sitting here on Stripchat (I'm not even on MyFreeCams right now, and I'm supposed to be camming on BOTH sites simultaenously), using the regular web broadcaster instead of OBS, hoping and praying the guy who was tipping me comes back to my room. SMH. This has been such a shitty token day, and of course this happens when I'm desperately trying to make some daily pay money this week.

Lately i've been getting a lot of sudden dissconect/reconnect issues on my stream. OBS just stops working for a brief second and then goes back online again. I wouldn't say that it's that big of a deal but it slightly ruins room mood because some people have to refresh chat room page.

Am i the only one who is currently having these issues?
Happens to me to but only during European mornings time. What server do you use ? I am from Romania and it s like this from 1 month ago

Earlier tonight I had to follow a lot of the tips shown here (In the link below) in order to use OBS successfully for MyFreeCams and Stripchat, and I was no longer having the issue with dropping frames and getting those annoying red boxes and yellow boxes (You want it to remain on the green box).

As for the "lowering your bitrate" suggestion that's on there...I've learned that I absolutely must not put it any lower than 3000 Kbps, because otherwise Shine Model will have this "!LOW BITRATE" alert popping up...and it won't go away 'til I put the bitrate back up to 3000 Kbps. So my bitrate is gonna stay put at 3000, and in the future if I have this issue again, I will instead follow some of the other tips on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.