AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS issues

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2019
Twitter Username
@RussianXXtasy
MFC Username
RussianXXtasy
Anyone having OBS issues last few days ? I had to switch back to WebRTC. Streaming OBS at 30fps and 1920x1080 . Have wired connection with 1GB internet. Speedtest are 900mbps download and 50mbps upload. Anyone have an alternative to OBS maybe a premium paid software more reliable ?

Reactions: plutoprincess69
Solution
Anyone having OBS issues last few days ? I had to switch back to WebRTC. Streaming OBS at 30fps and 1920x1080 . Have wired connection with 1GB internet. Speedtest are 900mbps download and 50mbps upload. Anyone have an alternative to OBS maybe a premium paid software more reliable ?
Do you mean getting disconnected? Or are members reporting issues?

I use solely OBS (external broadcaster) on MFC. For the longest time I ran it at 720p and around 2500 bitrate (before members had transcoding options) so that members could see me easier. I recently switched to 1080p at 6500 bitrate, and a lot of members complained of having to constantly try to switch back and forth between all of the options on their side to watch me smoothly.

Just...
Im working on chaturbate only. I dont wanna split my cam, just using something different than full of problems OBS. I wanna try something new . Thank you

When you choose server for chaturbate be sure it's closed Auto Detect or Global.

Upvote 0
When you choose server for chaturbate be sure it's closed Auto Detect or Global.
U sure? With global in OBS i dont why it connecting me to hmmm.... Phoenix? :D (Im in Poland btw:p) so yea Phoenix in America is global recomended in OBS opinion;D Or sometimes Frankfurt, but on Frankfurt people keep tellng me that my stream is lagging. From some time in OBS I chose manually Amsterdam ( I was reading somewhere here that NLD is the most stable server) and for me thats true. Have much less problems whrn I choose Amsterdam... Again im confused :((((

Upvote 0
U sure? With global in OBS i dont why it connecting me to hmmm.... Phoenix? :D (Im in Poland btw:p) so yea Phoenix in America is global recomended in OBS opinion;D Or sometimes Frankfurt, but on Frankfurt people keep tellng me that my stream is lagging. From some time in OBS I chose manually Amsterdam ( I was reading somewhere here that NLD is the most stable server) and for me thats true. Have much less problems whrn I choose Amsterdam... Again im confused :((((
Sorry this forum section for MFC site only.

CB recommend to use Global but we recommend to use Auto detect in splitcam.
Please choose auto detect it must work for you!

If you have another questions about splitcam for CB please write me PM or you can create new topic for chaturbate section: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/forums/chaturbate.73/

Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
Back to having OBS encoder issues again. The same "Encoding overloaded! Consider turning down video settings, or using a faster encoder." I don't know WTF to do. And what does "turn down video settings" even mean? There are TONS of options and things to click on in OBS. Are they talking about fps? Bitrate? I've tried adjusting all of that shit. Lol.

And as soon as I start using OBS with Google Chrome, my computer slows down. Takes forever for stuff to load. I'm gonna try a different browser tomorrow, but I'm sure it's more than just a browser issue.

Upvote 0
Back to having OBS encoder issues again. The same "Encoding overloaded! Consider turning down video settings, or using a faster encoder." I don't know WTF to do. And what does "turn down video settings" even mean? There are TONS of options and things to click on in OBS. Are they talking about fps? Bitrate? I've tried adjusting all of that shit. Lol.

And as soon as I start using OBS with Google Chrome, my computer slows down. Takes forever for stuff to load. I'm gonna try a different browser tomorrow, but I'm sure it's more than just a browser issue.

Could be CPU being overloaded, do you know what processor you have? in OBS when you go to Settings > Output, What do you have for the encoder and what other available options do you have for encoder?

Upvote 0
Could be CPU being overloaded, do you know what processor you have? in OBS when you go to Settings > Output, What do you have for the encoder and what other available options do you have for encoder?

i7-3540M CPU @ 3.00GHz . For the encoder I have x264 selected. The only other option in the Encoder drag-down menu is QuickSync H.264.

encoder.jpg

I logged off MyFreeCams early. I couldn't take it anymore with my video constantly freezing up. It was horrible.

Upvote 0
i7-3540M CPU @ 3.00GHz . For the encoder I have x264 selected. The only other option in the Encoder drag-down menu is QuickSync H.264.

View attachment 87686

I logged off MyFreeCams early. I couldn't take it anymore with my video constantly freezing up. It was horrible.
Hello
For me 4000kbps some time freezing too.
Try to choose x264 , 3500kbps and key frame interval is 1.
If it's not help, choose preset : superfast or ultrafast.

• Helpful!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0

View attachment 87686

Click that menu on the left for VIDEO, and make sure your base canvas is set to the resolution you actually want to broadcast (either 720 or 1080). I see your Rescale Output is set to 1920x1080 so that probably means your base canvas is set larger, which is likely causing you issues because your CPU is spending energy shrinking it down so to speak.

Upvote 0
Click that menu on the left for VIDEO, and make sure your base canvas is set to the resolution you actually want to broadcast (either 720 or 1080). I see your Rescale Output is set to 1920x1080 so that probably means your base canvas is set larger, which is likely causing you issues because your CPU is spending energy shrinking it down so to speak.

No, my base canvas resolution is set to the same: 1920x1080.

Maybe my laptop just can't handle the OBS encoder. I've been thinking about getting one of those gaming laptops with i9. Maybe I could get one and use that one for MFC/OBS, and I could keep one of these other laptops to use for MV Live. I prefer using two laptops/two Brio webcams for camming on two sites simultaneously - instead of splitcamming on one laptop/one cam, because I hate constantly clicking back and forth between two webpages.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello
For me 4000kbps some time freezing too.
Try to choose x264 , 3500kbps and key frame interval is 1.
If it's not help, choose preset : superfast or ultrafast.

I've tried these things, and still had problems. I've lowered the bitrate to 3500, and changed it to superfast. I don't think I've tried ultrafast yet though. I haven't tried changing the key frame interval to 1 yet either. I'll see if that helps when I get back on MFC Monday night. Thanks.

Upvote 0

View attachment 87686

Set it to Quicksync and not x264, that should make a significant difference

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
Set it to Quicksync and not x264, that should make a significant difference

Okay, so when I change it to QuickSync, all these below options pop up. 🤯 So now what do I select for each of these? Or just leave them as is?

QuickSync.jpg

Upvote 0
  • Helpful!
Upvote 0
^Okay, I changed it to those settings. I'll see if it's made a difference when I get back on again. Thanks, everyone!

Reactions: SplitCam
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Wtf? I'm trying to do an afternoon shift on MFC, and all of a sudden the OBS encoder doesn't recognize my webcam. I've tried exiting the software...reopening it...unplugging my cam...replugging it, and still nothing. I was able to broadcast on MFC just fine with no issues last night, and now I can't this afternoon. I'm supposed to be camming on there tonight at 10 PM, and hopefully I can get this resolved by this. Anyway, I'll deal with that later. I'm supposed to be doing an afternoon shift on ManyVids Live as well, which I'm late for now.

Upvote 0
Not this shit again. OBS encoder fucking up my MFC video again. The colored box at the bottom right hand side of the encoder keeps changing from red to yellow...orange...green.

Upvote 0
My laptop just can't handle camming on this site with the OBS encoder, I guess. It's really a DAMN shame, because this is my favorite site.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.