AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Offering to promote you?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissAnnabelleD

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 12, 2015
Twitter Username
@Miss_AnnabelleD
MFC Username
MsAnnabelleD
Chaturbate Username
lily_N_Livvy
Is this a thing? I mean I have a Domme persona, so the guy was playing up the sub/serving you Mistress angle, but I wanted to know if it's a thing guys do often, the guy came in and started giving me advice (I was ok with it because he didn't ask for anything in return, other than maybe attention but he was the only premium member in my room anyways so whatever), then he like offered to promote me in the lounge. I got a lot of traffic and ZERO tips out of it.... Is this a normal thing? anything I need to be wary about?

If you play up the domme angle...than yeah you're gonna get the "Oh my Goddess/Mistress types." They can be annoying, but sometimes they can be amusing as well. The rest is pretty much the usual on MFC. Promoting in lounge will likely get you nothing in return other than some members annoyed that a guy was pimping you in the lounge. Usually this only increases the room count, and not tips...generally only if you're doing a show. To the guy giving you advise...eh. I mean if he's not being a jerk, then I guess just take it or leave it to whatever he says. I think it's best if guys only make suggestions in a private message or mail, since you don't necessarily want tons of guys agreeing with him, and potentially peer-pressuring you into something you aren't comfortable with. Just remember that just because something worked for a model buddy of his, and though he's been a member for xyz years does NOT mean he knows what he's talking about in regards to what will make guaranteed money.

Oh it was all in PM and very respectful, that's why I was ok with it. He didn't tell me anything I'd never heard before, but kinda reminded me about things I was meaning to getting around to doing (like creating a tip menu, which I still need help with) He was off on his math, though, which makes me laugh now because I wasn't thinking about it when he told me 20 tokens would get me $10(he wasn't tipping so it wasn't him trying to get stuff, I think he was just wrong) I was all, oh right, ok, starting point... then after I signed off I was like... no.... that's not right....

@MissAnnabelleD I wouldn't worry about it, but I wouldn't ask members to promote you either necessarily. Most times members in lounge are there to not engage in chat. They want to be anon. Well over half of the members in loung go there only so they don't feel guilt of a model seeing them not tip for a show. Very rarely, will one be a tipper from finding a model through lounge...it does happen, but if someone is pimping a model, they often won't visit. Most find "pimps" as just being annoying guys with crushes.

Lounge promoting does not work. The only time lounge people go en masse to rooms is to troll them for laughs.

But I hate repeating myself, so click to read this thread.
Thanks! That thread is so long it's easy to miss stuff. Can't wait till I'm verified and can search in the models only area.

Yeah that's not exactly lounge promotion, but just as beneficial lulz.

These guys just want to feel like a special snowflake without actually tipping. Submissive men who give advice and want their ego stroked are the worst members on the planet in my humble opinion. You said this is through pm and sending messages isn't always the greatest idea when you have a low room count. People may pop in your room, see you are busy with someone and leave. It's pretty standard to tip for pm privileges which it sounds like he hasn't done. If he wants to help it'd be better for him to talk to you and keep you company in public chat.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu and Gen
Is this a thing? I mean I have a Domme persona, so the guy was playing up the sub/serving you Mistress angle, but I wanted to know if it's a thing guys do often, the guy came in and started giving me advice (I was ok with it because he didn't ask for anything in return, other than maybe attention but he was the only premium member in my room anyways so whatever), then he like offered to promote me in the lounge. I got a lot of traffic and ZERO tips out of it.... Is this a normal thing? anything I need to be wary about?

Very early on, I had a guy offer to promote me and be my room helper and etc etc, and after the first day he said he charged a weekly skype show to every model he did this for. Like other girls have said, they just want to feel special and in my experience, get free stuff.
Also, they can begin to act entitled in your public chat; telling other members what to do, even insulting them. IMO this creates a poor vibe in the room that, if I were a member, I wouldn't want to be a part of. Esp. if you are working the Domme angle, no Slave wants to be bossed around by another Slave. They want that from You.

Reactions: Influenced
Yeah, lounge promotion does nothing. If this guy really wanted to submit to you, he'd start by tipping.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.