AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Offline thoughts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RebeccaT

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 21, 2011
UK
Twitter Username
@Rebecca__t
MFC Username
RebeccaTeal
Chaturbate Username
RebeccaTeal
A regular told me today that he was reading Tweets by a model who was complaining she had received no offline tips while she was working at her non-camming job. She wasn't offering anything in return, no videos etc, she wanted the offline love "just because"

He wondered if she expected her non-camming employer to pay her "just because"

It did make me think about how some models get so miffed about it all.

I've seen this before and thought it was a bit strange. I saw one model (who is a top model so clearly not struggling) on twitter complaing she can never have a day off because when she does no one tips her enough offline so she loses out on what she could earn if she was online.

At first I thought she clearly doesnt understand the concept of being self employed and you cant expect to earn if you dont work or offer anything but then I read the comments and I saw it was full of guys asking how much she needs so she can take a day off and saying they'll pay it. In the end I just thought good hussle.

The sympathy card is played a lot in the cam world. Sometimes it verged on begging. I don't fully understand it, I am the worst at underselling myself and usually get surprised when people tip online or offline "just because". But is DOES work for some girls, the damsel in distress is a turn on to some men and they flock to it.

The sympathy card is played a lot in the cam world.

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion here since i see it so often on twitter, but i'm who thinks it's poor form whenever a model tweets something along the lines of, "I had such a bad day. Some offline tips would help cheer me up." If the model experienced a bad day, i'm willing to give that virtual pat on the back, interweb hug, words of encouragement, empathetic ear if necessary, even if it's all fruitless attempts to uplift her spirits, as long as i'm genuinely making an effort. Asking for tips as a means to cheer up feels like capitalizing on the situation, even if her intentions aren't deceptive in the sense that she's not actively attempting to exploit her followers.

Last edited:
There's some that take the offline tipping requests to an extremely ridiculous level. There will be tweets saying they need help to: pay the rent, pay a vet bill, their kid broke their arm, they need prescriptions filled, buying a new car, a new house, moving due to stalkers, back to school supplies, new clothes, ran out of all their makeup at the same time... LOOOOOONG list of everything you can possibly imagine. They are basically one step from the poor house and if you don't help they'll be destitute and in dire straits.

But then every once in awhile they also tweet about how expensive it is to raise their children and they'll take a picture of a receipt from Red Lobster for $250 just to feed her and her children. If you can afford that for a single meal I don't want to hear shit about any other expense you have, ever.

Those people I get annoyed with, and anyone who is stupid enough to help support them. I'm rooting for the pauper house for their entire family.

There's some that take the offline tipping requests to an extremely ridiculous level. There will be tweets saying they need help to: pay the rent, pay a vet bill, their kid broke their arm, they need prescriptions filled, buying a new car, a new house, moving due to stalkers, back to school supplies, new clothes, ran out of all their makeup at the same time... LOOOOOONG list of everything you can possibly imagine. They are basically one step from the poor house and if you don't help they'll be destitute and in dire straits.

But then every once in awhile they also tweet about how expensive it is to raise their children and they'll take a picture of a receipt from Red Lobster for $250 just to feed her and her children. If you can afford that for a single meal I don't want to hear shit about any other expense you have, ever.

Those people I get annoyed with, and anyone who is stupid enough to help support them. I'm rooting for the pauper house for their entire family.
I must admit, there have been times I have been in very tight financial situations. Reading a model's Tweet for tips to go to (insert vacation destination here) makes me wish I had people I could get money from just for daily expenses.
But I am not the type to do that.

Reactions: RebeccaT and JimsX
She wasn't offering anything in return, no videos etc, she wanted the offline love "just because"

If asking for money without having to do anything works, you could almost say you're wrong not to do it.

If they're using the sympathy card to be manipulative, I do find that a bit morally troublesome, but some guys seem intent on giving most of their money away and if they don't take it another model will.

I've heard a number of times models actually banning guys from tipping them because they know they're in financial trouble only to find out they're still tipping elsewhere anyway.

It's a bit of a grey area and a personal thing I suppose.

A regular told me today that he was reading Tweets by a model who was complaining she had received no offline tips while she was working at her non-camming job. She wasn't offering anything in return, no videos etc, she wanted the offline love "just because"

He wondered if she expected her non-camming employer to pay her "just because"

It did make me think about how some models get so miffed about it all.

What a C-unt. Thats not how it works darlin'

Would be interesting to see this tweet and reply as to WHY she thinks she should receive tips offline. As if she's god gift to camming or something and we MUST tip her to continue working lol........:giggle:

• Wat?!
Reactions: xDollPartsx
I've seen this before and thought it was a bit strange. I saw one model (who is a top model so clearly not struggling) on twitter complaing she can never have a day off because when she does no one tips her enough offline so she loses out on what she could earn if she was online.

At first I thought she clearly doesnt understand the concept of being self employed and you cant expect to earn if you dont work or offer anything but then I read the comments and I saw it was full of guys asking how much she needs so she can take a day off and saying they'll pay it. In the end I just thought good hussle.
To be fair, (well, I guess "fair" isn't a great word to use here...) "Top 20 Models" seem to have had a focus-shift away from just making a good paycheck to maintaining their rank at all cost. When it takes tens of thousands of tokens each day to hold a spot up that high, it can feel like it's impossible to take a day off, because you set yourself back so far off of the main goal. (Back when I used to try to hold top 20, though it took less than half the amount it does now, I would have to plan ahead to take a single day off that month to have big offline sales/special deals in order to get tokens coming in to maintain rank. It *was* gutwrenching when that didn't work out, because it's hard to recover from that in the "rank game.")

Now yes, it's silly to think that the main goal is something beyond making an incredible earning for the month. But I know that being up in the highest ranks does crazy things to your headspace, and paints your bigger picture way differently. So I am willing to bet that this girl, and her regulars who also have the ultimate goal of keeping their favorite model's rank, doesn't even realize how that sort of Tweet sounds to the general cam going population of viewers and other cam girls. Got the blinders on to everything else, basically.

But it works for them, clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.