AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Okay, now this ban thing has gone too far

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
cryptosquatchmedia.com
Chaturbate Username
_cryptosquatch_
My account: theghostofcryptosquatch

@punker barbie

I've been a moderator on CB for almost 9 years. I've always been in good standing and the only people who don't like me around are trolls. I'm even married to a model. Which means that as much as I would like to believe that when I said I was done in September, I'm still on site daily dealing with her stream.

I let my cryptosquatch account go after it had been hacked and opened my cryptosquatchmedia account, and age verified on it, and then decided to try and "retire" from anything mod related...

Needless to say, theghostofcryptosquatch was all the further I was allowed.

I have been an XBIZ member for years, and a fee days ago, my wife got confirmation that we'd been placed on the RSVP list and comped entry, by chaturbate, for the show in LA in January. So I figured I'd better get the age verification back on my new account. So I uploaded and signed everything, and was banned for my troubles.

I have sent support an email, I have sent whomever is actually running Shirley's @punker barbie account here and not heard anything. So I guess it's time to put someone on blast.

Please fix this thing, and then fix your ban system. It's broken, badly.

Either way, see everyone in January at XBIZ...That sure will get awkward if I'm an unverified user.

Thanks.

you're lucky...
It's not as much luck as you may think. I've been around in some capacity, for almost 9 years. Be it a moderator, or occasional broadcaster with my better half, or simply helping a model tweak stream settings to get that HD+ tag.

It's bullshit what they are doing to models with the revolving door method, I don't like it, and have been very vocal about it anywhere I've been able. Shirley even ditched me at XBIZ Miami once. But I'm just one guy, and not an important one at that.

I used to get a "we're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused" emails when my account had been jacked with in the past. This time I got a "your account should work now" email.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, I guess.

Upvote 0
So I uploaded and signed everything, and was banned for my troubles.

I have sent support an email, I have sent whomever is actually running Shirley's @punker barbie account here and not heard anything. So I guess it's time to put someone on blast.

how many days did it take? just wondering what the turn around time for something like that is right now cause it used to be within a day.

Upvote 0
It's not as much luck as you may think. I've been around in some capacity, for almost 9 years. Be it a moderator, or occasional broadcaster with my better half, or simply helping a model tweak stream settings to get that HD+ tag.

It's bullshit what they are doing to models with the revolving door method, I don't like it, and have been very vocal about it anywhere I've been able. Shirley even ditched me at XBIZ Miami once. But I'm just one guy, and not an important one at that.

I used to get a "we're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused" emails when my account had been jacked with in the past. This time I got a "your account should work now" email.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, I guess.
I have been a model for almost 3 years in chaturbate, very dedicated to my transmissions and users, I had 100% satisfaction and more than 80 k followers, and suddenly chaturbate decides to kick me saying that I am banned for life, that I do not have access, for no reason ... and every time I write to support they answer me the same automatic response ... none of this makes sense, although you can see that my account is still active (sammara_stone_) but I can't be online because when I try to convert my tokens is unable to cashout ... it makes no sense to earn money that I cannot collect, I feel robbed ... I have a lot of money there ... it is not fair that cb treats people that we have been loyal members and dedicated to them 😭
@punker barbie @AmberCutie

Upvote 0
and every time I write to support they answer me the same automatic response ...
Not that it's my business or anything, but based on the presence the various cam sites keep here and the amount of totally confused CB models who show up to plead their case, CB does not sound like a place I would want to depend on for my rent. CB support appears to be something of a shitshow and their TOS isn't that special compared to other cam sites. I realize CB support has a a lot of tickets every day and need to listen to all sorts of excuses, explanations and backstories, and that the company as such is concoerned about their bottom line, but a company that makes that kind of money without bothering with actual support isn't worth anyone's time in my opinion. And yes, I know we only hear the horror stories here, but the volume compared to other cam sites makes no sense to me.

Sometimes I get the feeling CB is doing all this cam model stuff as a side show and is trying to get rid of it. Or something else completely.

Upvote 0
how many days did it take? just wondering what the turn around time for something like that is right now cause it used to be within a day.
They had it "fixed" in 36 hours or so... I say that because I still can't tip at all. Lol, I really am tired of dealing with these guys.

It's been my experience, that when banned, it can take anywhere from 3-5 days to even receive anything back from support, and that's if they answer back at all.

Upvote 0
🤣🤣 But wait, there's more! 🤣🤣

I'm beginning to think it may have more to do with simple ineptitude here than anything else.

Yes, @punker barbie (@AmberCutie it's a shame that account can't be renamed chaturbatesupport) my account was un-banned, but whoever pushed those buttons did a half-assed job and now I can't do anything with tokens. Can't cash them out, and can't even send them to my wife to have her cash them out.

I know I'm being harsh here, but come on guys... The same issues, over and over again, with the same lack of effort on the part of the platform, which ain't a whole lot.

Let me remind you that if it were not for these models you seem to care so little about, yet they fight to stay here and try to make a living, are the primary source of the paycheck you receive to take home and feed yours... And you don't have to do half the shit for it that they do.

Take care of people, your employees and independent contractors alike, because without them, you've got an empty building in an expensive rent district. Because I don't care how big you are, even monsters like Amazon would die if they didn't take care of the people who do the work they won't do.

Thank you for getting my account half fixed, please fix it the rest of the way so I may do something with these tokens other than lose them.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
And that, was REALLY fast.
Great, but as an outsider who has customers who need rapid, actual support when something's not right, I'd say this is a very bad symptom of all that is wrong with CB. You shouldn't have to make noise on a third party forum to get the support you need. I hope CB is donating to Amber to run this unofficial support back channel.

Generally speaking and nothing personal: this means that a still unresolved ticket filed weeks ago was pushed further back in the queue, and the submitter could be in a much more dire situation than you. Everybody has the world's biggest problem when they contact support to get help, and nobody likes seeing other people get preferential treatment. That's just not how you end up being known for great support.

Yes, yes, I know it's likely a business decision by the CB top brass to do shit support in specified cases, but it's still shit. It's not good branding and it does nothing for long term reputation. You're basically telling the world "I've got mine, so fuck you".

The other major cam sites have the occasional corner cases posted and resolved here, but the CB support subforum is a steady stream of desperate models getting nothing but the proverbial crickets and tumbleweed. Why?

Upvote 0
Great, but as an outsider who has customers who need rapid, actual support when something's not right, I'd say this is a very bad symptom of all that is wrong with CB. You shouldn't have to make noise on a third party forum to get the support you need. I hope CB is donating to Amber to run this unofficial support back channel.

Generally speaking and nothing personal: this means that a still unresolved ticket filed weeks ago was pushed further back in the queue, and the submitter could be in a much more dire situation than you. Everybody has the world's biggest problem when they contact support to get help, and nobody likes seeing other people get preferential treatment. That's just not how you end up being known for great support.

Yes, yes, I know it's likely a business decision by the CB top brass to do shit support in specified cases, but it's still shit. It's not good branding and it does nothing for long term reputation. You're basically telling the world "I've got mine, so fuck you".

The other major cam sites have the occasional corner cases posted and resolved here, but the CB support subforum is a steady stream of desperate models getting nothing but the proverbial crickets and tumbleweed. Why?
I wholeheartedly agree with you. And I want there to be something I can do about it. I've watched them basically be shitty to the people who do the work for 9 years.

I did not intend for it to come off like I was getting something special, or that I'm some sort of dick. Anyone who knows me knows that over the years I've bent over backwards to help models who needed it, and never taken a thing for it.

I'm not a viewer, the shows never did it for me, and like I said, I've been on the broadcast side a time or two as well. Enough is taken from models and they work way too hard to have leech moderators taking a piece too. I simply posted it so that people could see about how long the process took me (I know everyone's is different) which seems to be of some interest since @cbhours asked about timeframe up above.

I'm not special, and don't expect anyone to think anything of the sort. In fact this happened to me once earlier this year when someone made some racial slur in chat, then got mad and reported me for some sort of abuse after I silenced him. It took almost a week before I even got a response.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
I did not intend for it to come off like I was getting something special, or that I'm some sort of dick.
It didn't come across like that. Not to me anyway, so that's why I spoke in general terms.
I was the manager for a busy helpdesk for a while last decade, and I was lucky enough to have a C level above me who (eventually) understood that support isn't just an annoying expense item in the annual report, but that it's a strategic asset. We spent a lot of time trying to figure out what we wanted to do and how we wanted to go about it, but outsourcing it to foreign boilerplate generators was never a subject. Support is just too important.

And yes, whoever called or mailed us also (partly) depended on us to get their work done and make a living. The last thing support should do is fuck with people.

Reactions: crypto_squatch
Upvote 0
"The last thing support should do is fuck with people."

The moment you are flooded with new people who want to use your site to earn money, it doesnt matter for profit. The profit comes from the other side, the users who pay money to view the models. CB knows this very good. The service desk is good for people who buy tokens, just no good for people who want to collect them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.