AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Older lady here, I've never worn a makeup before, help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

headgasket

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 9, 2017
United States
Twitter Username
@SaffronSundae
MFC Username
headgaskets
Streamate Username
headgasket
Chaturbate Username
headgasket
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000477450/headgasket/
At an age where most gals have long ended their lucrative and exhilarating caming career, I just started mine. I feel so much more younger now than when I was "in my prime". I'm in the best shape of my life, sporting visible abs, and being able to run 3 miles in 20 minutes. You can often find me doing pushups on cam (one of the prizes on spin the wheel is topless pushups. I once I got tipped on the basis of "having good forum".

So here's what I need, I've never worn makeup before and at this point in my life, I'm terrified. Skin tone- a light olive? I'm super pale now because it's winter, once it warms up and I'm not heavily clothed to go outside I brown up. My hair is wild, I got those Ernest Borgnine eyebrows. The hair can't be tamed, I've tried for a few decades with no success.

What colors would go well with my skin tone? I also have this strange dip in my dip, it's shaped in an extreme cupids bow, except the center shot of the bow has a squiggly line over it (I often describe it as a black rhino's lip). Please forgive the gray hair, in hindsight I should have chosen my name as "Silver Fox".

I can't cam without glasses. My Rx is abysmal, around a -9;5, I'm hoping to earn enough money to get corrective surgery. Saturday night, one dude tipped me 10 bucks for having thick glasses and saying I was like Thelma from Scooby Doo when I lost them, I have to slowly feel around for them.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20170305_17.JPG
    Snapshot_20170305_17.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Snapshot_20170313_5.JPG
    Snapshot_20170313_5.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Snapshot_20170313_19.JPG
    Snapshot_20170313_19.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 71
It's super tough to tell the precise foundation color that you need without seeing you in person.

Things to consider:

- What type of skin do you have? Is it dry, oily, or somewhere in the middle? This will help you pick which kind of makeup you should use. A lot of makeup will say on the packaging if it's good for oily, dry, or sensitive skin.

- What look do you have in mind for your cam look? Are you going for a natural or a glamorous look?

- Be careful if you have any allergies! You may want to test the makeup on your arm first.

1) Get thee to a department store! (Or a makeup shop like Ulta or Sephora). Spend an afternoon out and bring a friend. Pick a makeup counter that you'd like to try, and ask one of the makeup artists to give you a full face of makeup. Write down which colors and products they use (super important!!).

You do not have to buy anything, but treating yourself to a little something (like a lipgloss or a mascara) never hurt! The only pricy items I get are mascara and concealer because it's impossible to find the right shade of pale for me. The rest are drug store brands.

2) Go to the drugstore. Look for products that resemble what you tried at the department/makeup store. Drugstore makeup is cheap, so there's more room to experiment without draining your wallet.

This site will help you convert foundation colors from one brand to another: https://findation.com

I don't follow any makeup YouTubers, so maybe some of the other models can recommend video tutorials.

Other notes:

Waterproof eyeliner and mascara are godsends if you tear up easily like me.

Leave lots of extra time to do your makeup so you don't feel rushed. Forgive yourself when you mess up.

Micellar water is my favorite makeup remover cause it's super mild. Your face isn't used to makeup, so be gentle! Keep a separate washcloth for your face. Blot, don't scrub.

All rules of makeup are made to be broken. If a dab of your lipstick looks cool as a creamy blush, fuck it! Smear it on your cheeks!

My face stays the same pasty shade all year, so I can't offer much help on using winter vs. summer foundation. . . Anyone else have experience with this?

You defs don't have to wear makeup if you don't want to. Your skin is beautiful. If feel like with your look you can really play up being natural.

The best thing you can do is experiment. And start simple with maybe just a mascara to open up your eyes a bit.

You can go to your local sephora (if you have one) and have the gals help you pick things out. Just tell them you've never worn makeup and you wanted help and to take some samples home to try. Don't buy anything you can take home as a sample, get the free sample first. You can take home up to five samples i think. If it's a liquid or a cream or gel they can put it in a sample container. It's honestly the best because you can try a product and see if you like it first. Honestly sephora can be pricey ESP. If you aren't sure you will even like makeup. If you were to buy something the best will probs just be some mascara. Super basic and will just open your eyes and easy to get started with. If you're looking for things like foundations honestly your skin is so nice maybe start with something with a buildable coverage like a cushion foundation or a tinted moisturiser. I have a winter shade and a summer shade. I use a tinted moisturiser (Laura Mercier) and as the gradual change happens I don't need to change immediately because the coverage is sheer. I then mix it with my lighter/darker shade as appropriate. I do this transition with multiple foundation shades.

You can also go to your local drug store makeup counter where you can use the sample bottles to match foundation instead of sephora samplinh. I personally match my foundation to my neck colour. The drug store will probably be your best bet to try the idea of makeup like mascara and such for cheap. I don't know of drug stores take open make up as returns if you don't like it (i know sephora does) so maybe someone can talk more on drug counter make up. I don't use any drug store products :/ so i cant be helpful with brands or anything.

As an olive skin, dark feature girl it is my experience we can pull off most colours for eyeshadow or lipstick. So i don't feel like there are major don't colours. Except brown lipstick. Olives look so...Hollow or like sallow i guess in that colour. My go to colour lately has been a nudish/pink colour. Flu station you'll need matched and as a colour changing person you will have to get matched again when you get darker.

I don't use a makeup remover. I use olive oil or Coconut oil and once the makeup is removed i cleanse my face.

Other than picking the right products for you the best thing to know is how to put it on or use them. YouTube is a superhero full resource, but a lot of the tutorials are geared towards young skin and faces. I really like Wayne Goss on YouTube. If you can look up his channel he does talk about more mature skin and make up. He's a pro at what he does so highly recommend. If you have the opportunity in your area and can hire a makeup artist to teach you how to put on makeup would highly recommend.

The best make up is whatever makes you feel your best on cam, in my opinion. You may not know what that is yet but with so many variables (skin type, skin colors, etc) it will be impossible for any one to really make good recommendations over the internet ^_^; I agree that it's best to go to a Sephora store in person or, if you have extra cash, hire a make-up artist to come to your home for an appointment. That way, you have a full, uninterrupted hour without being in a store where others may be waiting and such.

That being said, I really love this product: http://www.narscosmetics.com/USA/orgasm-the-multiple/0607845015178.html#start=8
You can use it for your lips, cheeks and/or as eye shadow. But, again, I'd try it first to see how it works for you. I know this works great for me but might be a mess for someone else.

Best of luck ^_^

Reactions: Pure_emotion
It also depends on your light.
I get spots still though puberty was way too many years ago and also have dark circles (in my bad days) and when I log on at night they show off like cherry on a whip cream cake - best example i could get ; I wear foundation, eye concealer, powder, always mascara and sometimes eyeliner. Lippie is always there too :) Takes me a good hour to get all that sorted even after 4 years of broadcasting. Have wet wipes and cotton buds handy, they're your hard shoulder.
During the day, sometimes I can't even be bothered to wear foundation as natural light is a lot softer on the skin in my opinion.
Like the girls said, sephora and MAC can help out with choosing stuff, awesome idea to go in the stores and ask them for advice.

Thanks! I live a few hours drive from anything (I live in the STICKS), so it will be a while before I'm able to make the trip. You're so beautiful in your picture!

It also depends on your light.
I get spots still though puberty was way too many years ago and also have dark circles (in my bad days) and when I log on at night they show off like cherry on a whip cream cake - best example i could get ; I wear foundation, eye concealer, powder, always mascara and sometimes eyeliner. Lippie is always there too :) Takes me a good hour to get all that sorted even after 4 years of broadcasting. Have wet wipes and cotton buds handy, they're your hard shoulder.
During the day, sometimes I can't even be bothered to wear foundation as natural light is a lot softer on the skin in my opinion.
Like the girls said, sephora and MAC can help out with choosing stuff, awesome idea to go in the stores and ask them for advice.

Thank you so much, they are professional pics (photoshop always helps), but I did the make up myself :)
Getting in a makeup store can be a pain , I used to live about 6-7 miles away from the first mall and was still a lazy ass even when my foundation was empty - I'd just squeeze the hell out of it like you do with a an empty toothpaste tube the morning after a rough party lol.
And also approaching the perfect-faced girls there is not always easy, they are all so sweet but so damn intimidating sometimes!
Try watching some tutorials too, I love @nikkietutorials, she loves her glitter a bit too much for my liking, but she explains loads in her videos :)

Oh, if you want to try makeup with little investment you could look at ELF. You can buy it online and it's pretty cheap. I like their eyeshadow and lipsticks.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.