AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

On the road shows

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2012
As models how to you connect to MFC when not at home. Of course if you're in the library or restaurant you can always use their WI-fee if it's there. But I wonder more of like in the car or places where free WI-fi is less likely to be available.

QuietLurker69 said:
As models how to you connect to MFC when not at home. Of course if you're in the library or restaurant you can always use their WI-fee if it's there. But I wonder more of like in the car or places where free WI-fi is less likely to be available.

I pay for a verizon hot spot that i plug into my computer. anywhere there is cell coverage, there is interwebs.

If you have an Android phone, there's an app called FoxFi that provides a WiFi hotspot. The app costs $6, but is well worth it because many carriers will charge more than that every month to add hotspot service to your plan. Most of them also have agreements with the Google Play store not to list the app. In that case, you might need to temporarily allow installing apps from third parties, and then search for the app with Google to install it.

They have a free demo version that will give you 10 minutes of WiFi hotspot so that you can test it out and make sure that it works.

Edit: Just noticed that the name of the app has changed to PdaNet+, the price has gone up to $8 (still worth it), and that there's also an iPhone version.

Miss_Lollipop said:
QuietLurker69 said:

I pay for a verizon hot spot that i plug into my computer. anywhere there is cell coverage, there is interwebs.[/quote

Cell-phone data seems like the way to go, but I just feel like camming would eat through any data plan. Unless MFC doesn't use as much data as I think or if the plan is very generous.

rexcode said:
If you have an Android phone, there's an app called FoxFi that provides a WiFi hotspot. The app costs $6, but is well worth it because many carriers will charge more than that every month to add hotspot service to your plan. Most of them also have agreements with the Google Play store not to list the app. In that case, you might need to temporarily allow installing apps from third parties, and then search for the app with Google to install it.

They have a free demo version that will give you 10 minutes of WiFi hotspot so that you can test it out and make sure that it works.

Edit: Just noticed that the name of the app has changed to PdaNet+, the price has gone up to $8 (still worth it), and that there's also an iPhone version.

If it works well that is a good deal. Most carriers appear to charge around $20 a month to let you use android phone as WiFi hotspot. Thanks for this information.

Awesome info! I am going to be driving across the country in June and I want to document it and this is all valuable information!

I do Loooong road trips, like months at a time and I use Verizons mifi.
I can get about 3 hours of cam time for 1GB in HD on Streamate.
My upload is pretty good it ranges from 8-20 depending where in the US I am in. The worst Ive seen it was like 2 but I was in the middle of nowhere and I was more worried about dying than getting my freak on.

Reactions: KayleePond
a note on using your phone to broadcast a hotspot - this worked for me for a short time, but the quality was 3G on the phone i was using, and it ate through my data plan. As i began to do more outdoor shows I got a hotspot for the quality they provided, and the data.

If you're not sure if you want to do outdoor shows you can try your phone hotspot - and then if it goes well look at upgrading.

Some hotspots do allow for you to not be on a contract though, which is helpful if you just want to try it.

There are two types of hotspots - one plugs into your computer with a USB directly, one has a USB cord and plugs into a device that broadcasts a wireless signal which your computer picks up. At conventions and places where there is lots of 'noise' - i find the plug directly in one works better for me personally. YOu can request it, though a lot of the stores don't carry it and have to order it.

Reactions: KayleePond
trotskyleon said:
Get a wireless broadband:

google is your best friend :thumbleft:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1209286

that will get ya started.

as Miss_Lollipop i wouldnt use your phone's 3G servvice. Apart from not being that great..you need to ensure that phone is being charged...cos it will drain the battery quicker.

haha thank you I know Google is my best friend I just wanted personal experiences with it from a camming perspective. :) Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

Reactions: trotskyleon
that link is just starting point. IT might be outdated too.

But definetly you need a wirless broadband and preferably one that will work across europe so u dont have any issues whilst moving about.

Hermione_ said:
Curious if anyone has experience with this in Europe or specifically Italy. I am relocating with lots of traveling and wanting to get some type of hotspot internet.

Vodafone has plans for this in Spain; I imagine they will in Italy as well.
The nearest tower (or whatever its called) was down the entire time I had it though, so I can't comment on the speeds. After that I cancelled my plan (it was something temporary they provided while I waited for my internet to be installed at my apartment).

But at least you know it exists!

Status
Not open for further replies.