AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Open letter to CB support

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2021
Hi,

I would like to show you the unsuccessful conversation I had with CB support after they banned a model for life time without giving any reasons and - in my opinion - without any reason.
I find the case (and apparently it is not the only one) quite intense. A model builds up an account, maybe applies to a studio, overcomes the fear of appearing in front of the camera, buys equipment and clothes. After a year she manages to build up a circle of loyal users, reaches 60k followers and a satisfaction of 100%. And then a CB employee suddenly goes: "Nope. Today I have a migraine, maybe if I ban someone it will get better".
Please @punker barbie, this model really doesn't deserve to be treated like this. I hope you can help and end the ban as soon as possible (room name via pm).
And hopefully CB will soon start to think about the fact that they make their money from human beings, who should also be treated like human beings.

Me
Nov 10, 2021

Hello,
I have created like 70 personal GIFs for different models, designed a few apps and bots, as well as bio pages. I got a good insight into what models do in front of the camera and how they interact with users.
The model you banned a short time ago, XXXXXXX, is an extremely positive person who stands out from the crowd. She is always friendly to every user who is in her room. She answers all questions and if they are still so stupid or even pushy. She always answers them directly to the user in spoken English. I have never once seen her address an unfriendly or arrogant word to a user. Her private studio is also constantly being equipped with better technology and visually changed to optimize the transmission quality and make the show more interesting.
Outside of CB she also has a direct and friendly contact with users e.g. via Instagram. Here too, every message is answered in a friendly manner that is really rare elsewhere. You really have the feeling that she cares about her community in front of and behind the camera with a lot of enthusiasm.
So, in principle, she does everything right and the steadily increasing number of followers (most recently 60k) as well as an unusually high satisfaction rate of 100% over the longest time shows that she is very popular with users. Or rather: was. Because for completely incomprehensible reasons you banned her. One really wonders, not only after reading the story described here, what prompts you to take such an abstruse step.
I have seen models, where you already notice when you enter the room that you are cheated there. These are rooms that directly harm the user. And this is completely deliberate and planned. If it has annoyed me very much, I have also reported such rooms. Without CB even batting an eye. There are rooms that have been known to screw users for months without CB doing anything about it.
Since XXXXXXX is definitely not one of them, I think she made a formal mistake. But do you have to punish models so harshly for that??? I have seen CB close a stream without further ado and ban the room just because a member of the studio team briefly entered the room. It's not the model's fault! I've also seen rooms banned because the studio tried out new equipment under the model's account in her absence. This is also not the model's fault. I have also experienced the completely abstruse case that a model was banned, although she had not streamed for months. A post-mortem ban, so to speak.
You should keep in mind that these models often work in studios that offer them incredibly poor support. This starts with the non-existent support to design their bios, continues with the non-existent support in the selection of apps or the design of a menu. Certainly, they are also trained very little to avoid anything that could lead to the ban at CB. So the blame is in the fewest cases with the models, but rather with the studios to look for. So punish the studios and not the models! Why don't you introduce a kind of traffic light, in which the models are warned in advance and only excluded after several missteps. What sense does it make to ban someone from CB if they don't even know what they did wrong? And what sense does it make to not give a chance to correct that mistake?

You should also remember with this hasty punishment that these are people who depend on the money they earn. Either to finance their studies or even for their entire livelihood. Not to forget that they may have spent a lot of money to set up their studio. Nor should you forget that you are also punishing a large number of users. These are the ones who have invested a lot of work, for example in GIFs or apps or bio designs. The work was in the case of a ban for nothing! Mods who have familiarized themselves with the specifics of the room and thought about how to best support the model. Members from the fanclub, who paid their dues now for nothing. But also users who maybe bought their tokens only because of this model. Last but not least you destroy communities of users who met regularly in this room and now have no possibility to get in contact with each other.
So a ban has a very negative effect on a lot of people, people who certainly have nothing to do with the cause of the ban and are still punished.
As described, there are a lot of models on CB and especially studios that specialize in deceiving users. They should be removed from CB as soon as possible.
XXXXXXX is certainly not one of them! And I think I speak on behalf of a great many users when I urge you to reverse this ban as soon as possible.

Support (Chaturbate)
Nov 11, 2021

Thank you for looking out for your fellow Chaturbaters. However we do not share personal or account information with other users. If a user is having a problem, please ask them to email support@chaturbate.com.
Thank you,
The Chaturbate Team

Me
Nov 12, 2021

This is a really unsatisfactory answer to a message explaining untenable conditions in Chaturbate!
I have not asked with a single word to reveal me information about another person. Apart from that, the model and also the studio has contacted CB support several times without receiving any explanatory answer. At the moment the fact looks like she doesn't even know why she has been banned. And she is this for life-time.
This behavior of Chaturbate is not only unfair, it's also disgusting. If someone makes a mistake, they should at least be explained what that mistake is AND they should be given a chance to explain themselves and do better. To me, it looks like a Chaturbate employee who has eaten too many baked beans that day can involuntarily ban models because they just feel like it. So the real mistake that is made here is with Chaturbate, and only Chaturbate should act immediately and take back the inexplicable ban.

In chaturbates TOS it literally says the site can ban you for whatever fucking reason they have and don't need to tell you. They also don't have to pay you out. It's right there in print. If models read the TOS they would know the risks of making "formal mistakes"

Just because something is shitty doesn't mean it has to be illegal.

Upvote 0
So even if CB writes that they can kick someone out without giving a reason, that doesn't mean it's compliant with the laws.
The Terms of Service you agree to when signing up is a binding business contract for both parties involved. If you believe CB's terms of service is somehow unlawful in CB's jurisdiction, you'd be better off having a law expert take a closer look at it and prepare a lawsuit. Yes, lots of U.S. businesses that run online services have truly appalling non-negotiable terms for using whatever they offer, but that's how it is. You can always say no and take your business elsewhere. As I've said before, we're not in the Soviet Union and Chaturbate isn't the only game in town.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
As I've said before, we're not in the Soviet Union and Chaturbate isn't the only game in town.
this right here is the solution. if a model gets banned from one site, move to another and follow the tos to a t. if chaturbate decides they don't want to do business with you because of the risk, then they are within their rights to.

like uwu it sucks that they need to start fresh. but this a volatile industry. models start fresh all the time. if it's not getting banned, its sites closing or losing access to their payment processors. even models leaving their studios and going independent. it is what it is.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
It is written because the company wants to enforce its own interests.
Yeah, sure. That's pretty much how each and every business operate on planet Earth. But since businesses don't happen in a vacuum, they also must abide the laws of the country or countries in which they operate. If they break the laws they can be fined, even closed and people can get jail time. For instance, do you run a construction business? Fine. Don't trow your shit in rivers and in the countryside, because if you do and got discovered, you will be fined and your business closed. Do you run a club? Fine. Don't sell alcoholic drinks and liquors to minors. Because, if you do, your club will be close and your licence revoked.

that models don't get paid the tokens that are still on their account after a ban, then I really wonder which country has laws that support such a theft.

You make it sound as if this were the exeption. Rather the reverse, just by the look of it, I would argue that is pretty much what I guess can be called an "industry standard". Took me 2 minutes to check it out yesterday. It's not a secret. I assume that different policies are enforced in different ways and to different extent. Nevertheless, this is what I found from the ToS of 2 others camsites:

Streamate

"We reserve the right to terminate your Membership at any time for any reason in our sole discretion. [...] In the event your account is terminated or canceled, no refund (including but not limited to any Membership fees) will be granted and no online time or other credits will be credited to you or can be converted to other form of reimbursement.

MFC

"We may cancel your account, or suspend or terminate your access to the Website at any time, for any reason. [...] "The following things, actual, implied or offered, are absolutely forbidden on this website at any time and for any reason, in both private and public chat. Most of them constitute Zero-Tolerance violations which means you will be banned the first time it happens, without warning. Even if your account is reinstated, all tokens earned while breaking the rules will be forfeited"

Last edited:
Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.