AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

(Opinion) Are Camgirls Morally Obligated To Disclose Their Relationship Status?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think any viewer who assumes that a professionally attractive, engaging individual would remain single indefinitely just because they don't share the details of their relationship status is extremely delusional.

Okay, a lot to unpack here.

Are models “morally obligated” to disclose their relationship status? No. I doubt most users in relationships let their significant others know that they’re tipping a stranger to fulfill their sexual fantasies so there’s not a “moral obligation” to do so.

Yet do I think models should be forthcoming about it? I say Yes. Why? Few reasons:

1. The model will attract a likeminded audience. If a model is open about their relationship status, the users coming in will probably also be in a relationship themselves. It’s good for the user because they can have a surrogate to help them realize fantasies their real-life partner can’t (or won’t) while the model won’t be dealing with users who will catch feelings and look at their cam-time models as anything other than entertainment. Win-win.

2. The real-life partner almost always suffers to some degree in silence that their significant other is doing sexual things with strangers while also denying their relationship solely for more tips. Put the shoe on the other foot: Would you be okay with your significant other hanging out at the bar and telling people they were single? Highly doubtful, especially if their logic was “hey babe, I was only trying to dance with them for free drinks!” At the end of the day, the off-cam SOs deserve to be treated with respect, too - That means not being denied.

3. I sincerely believe that the presence of a real-life SO could ward off the creepers at the onset. No one ever needs to disclose their real name or location because yeah, that’s gonna open doors for someone’s privacy to be invaded. But while a lot of lonely guys turn to camsites for virtual companionship, so do the ones who are more possessive (I saw the thread about the guy who was mad that “his girl” worked on multiple sites and from a studio… yikes!) “I have a SO” can cut that drama off at the pass and it’s unlikely such information could be abused in the same manner a real name or address could be.

4. The models themselves won’t become financially or emotionally dependent upon someone they otherwise would match poorly with. There was a model I was regular with who listed her status as “single” on MFC. Well, as time went on, it eventually came to light she had a boyfriend, which killed my fantasy. So I started entertaining other models until one day, I get a PM from her putting me on blast for not having been in her room for a while. When I explained myself in a non-confrontational manner, she continued berating me, saying I was overreacting and that all other models do this. She then sarcastically offered B/G content to rub the fact that I was single in my face, which was the last time I spoke to her. I get models have feelings, but I’m not a wallet with ears either and I too have feelings.

So I’m closing - If you’re using a site like CB where they don’t ask, then don’t worry about it. If you’re using a site like MFC, then either be truthful or just leave the relationship status section of the profile blank. And if someone asks and you don’t want to tell them, simply say “I don’t like to discuss my personal life on cam” and then ban/mute/kick the person who doesn’t get the hint. Whatever tips one would earn from saying they’re single when they aren’t will most assuredly not be worth the headache later on down the line.

So many viewers also just assume, right off the bat, that we are all single for some reason. Like this whole sea of hot, funny, creative, smart entertainers and none of us can find a partner? I think a lot has to do with assuming we'd never be doing "this kind of work" if the right man came along and saved us. Which is ridiculous, but a sentiment I field a lot.

And like others have said, personal lives are personal. We might not want to explain every time we have a relationship status change. We just may want to keep some things to ourselves and not monetize it into some cuck fetish, or topic for general consumption. The fact that I don't want to pursue any personal romantic relationshp with users has 0 to do with my relationship status. I'm very clear I am digital only, I'm not in the market for more, and whether or not I have a partner is completely irrelevant to that fact. Kind of like how we should be able to tell someone in person who is hitting on us, that we're just not interested and not have to use "I have a boyfriend" as some sort of shield so they'll respect that. And frankly, no matter how many times I clarify that I'm not going to be in a romantic relationship with anyone, many chose to have selective hearing and just pretend it doesn't apply to them.

Obviously none of us can know the real inner workings of the model/user in question but I'd bet a lot that she falls into a similar situation as I stated above. Love cons exist in the cam world, sure, but I'm pretty sure she didn't get where she is now by running one.

1. The model will attract a likeminded audience. If a model is open about their relationship status, the users coming in will probably also be in a relationship themselves. It’s good for the user because they can have a surrogate to help them realize fantasies their real-life partner can’t (or won’t) while the model won’t be dealing with users who will catch feelings and look at their cam-time models as anything other than entertainment. Win-win.
false. even the ones who are open about their relationship status still experience members catching feelings.
2. The real-life partner almost always suffers to some degree in silence that their significant other is doing sexual things with strangers while also denying their relationship solely for more tips. Put the shoe on the other foot: Would you be okay with your significant other hanging out at the bar and telling people they were single? Highly doubtful, especially if their logic was “hey babe, I was only trying to dance with them for free drinks!” At the end of the day, the off-cam SOs deserve to be treated with respect, too - That means not being denied.
most real-life partners understand that sexwork is work. we aren't doing this for fun or for free stuff. so i don't think that's a fair comparison. my husband never told his elderly dementia patient he was married before "asking her out on a dinner date" to get her to eat dinner outside her room and interact with other patients.

3. I sincerely believe that the presence of a real-life SO could ward off the creepers at the onset. No one ever needs to disclose their real name or location because yeah, that’s gonna open doors for someone’s privacy to be invaded. But while a lot of lonely guys turn to camsites for virtual companionship, so do the ones who are more possessive (I saw the thread about the guy who was mad that “his girl” worked on multiple sites and from a studio… yikes!) “I have a SO” can cut that drama off at the pass and it’s unlikely such information could be abused in the same manner a real name or address could be.
haha, no. i wish it did, but no.

4. The models themselves won’t become financially or emotionally dependent upon someone they otherwise would match poorly with. There was a model I was regular with who listed her status as “single” on MFC. Well, as time went on, it eventually came to light she had a boyfriend, which killed my fantasy. So I started entertaining other models until one day, I get a PM from her putting me on blast for not having been in her room for a while. When I explained myself in a non-confrontational manner, she continued berating me, saying I was overreacting and that all other models do this. She then sarcastically offered B/G content to rub the fact that I was single in my face, which was the last time I spoke to her. I get models have feelings, but I’m not a wallet with ears either and I too have feelings.

models should never ever become financially dependent on one or a few tippers. tippers will lose interest for whatever reason. lots of models learn this the hard way. im sorry that she lashed out, but she's right that a lot of models say they are single when they aren't. doesn't excuse her behavior though. she probably never experienced this kind of rejection before and it bruised her ego. i wouldn't take it personally.

Not true. When I was on MFC I was in a serious relationship which I was pretty open about with my regulars (not out of any sort of feelings of obligation, like I had to tell them, I'm just a loudmouth at times). Most of my regulars were single. Their attraction to me wasn't based on my relationship status, it was based off my looks and personality and they were all aware that even though I enjoyed talking to them all, that was still my job and I wasn't about to leave my boyfriend. And when we did eventually break up and I was single, which my regulars did know about, none of them all of a sudden caught feelings because I was then single.

Basically, as has been said before, cam sites are not dating sites. It's super weird, at least to me, if someone's boner over a hot girl on the internet hinges on whether or not she is in a relationship.

Again, not true. Some guys do have a problem with it, yeah. However, I'm currently talking to someone who thinks it is hot that other guys pay to jerk off to my content while he gets to actually be with me (and gets free pics of my butthole, haha). He's not the jealous type and he also understands that to me, this is solely a job.

And as far as being okay with your SO hanging out in a bar and flirting with people/pretending to be single, if it was for their job, I'd have no problem with it. I was a bartender for a very long time and I dated almost exclusively other bartenders during that time. I worked behind the same bar with one of my exes (technically two) and watched him flirt with girls while he was working and it didn't bother me. I wanted him to make that money.

And yet again, not true. If someone is delusional enough to believe that a cam model who is just doing her job (not loveconning) will one day be with him, he is probably delusional enough to believe whatever his mind comes up with to justify why she is with another guy and not him. I mean, this stuff happens in real life. You tell a guy you're in a relationship and he's just like "So?"

Models shouldn't become financially or emotionally dependent on anyone. Not a member, not a real life SO, and especially not someone they're a "poor match with". The model you used to be a regular of sucks for going off on you and treating you like that. But that has nothing to do with her being in a relationship and everything to do with her being possessive over her members.

And yet again, not true. If someone is delusional enough to believe that a cam model who is just doing her job (not loveconning) will one day be with him, he is probably delusional enough to believe whatever his mind comes up with to justify why she is with another guy and not him. I mean, this stuff happens in real life. You tell a guy you're in a relationship and he's just like "So?"
any relationship card is just a buffer. it also doesn't matter what stage of the relationship you are in. foolish cambaby me thought i could tell members i was married instead of engaged and they'd be less creepy. how wrong i was.

Basically, as has been said before, cam sites are not dating sites. It's super weird, at least to me, if someone's boner over a hot girl on the internet hinges on whether or not she is in a relationship.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Okay, a lot to unpack here.

Are models “morally obligated” to disclose their relationship status? No. I doubt most users in relationships let their significant others know that they’re tipping a stranger to fulfill their sexual fantasies so there’s not a “moral obligation” to do so.

Yet do I think models should be forthcoming about it? I say Yes. Why? Few reasons:

1. The model will attract a likeminded audience. If a model is open about their relationship status, the users coming in will probably also be in a relationship themselves.
Oh you sweet summer child. No. That's not how this works. How the hell is being in relationship a likeness of mind anyway? A relationship isn't something you can have in common with someone. Most people in my room don't know my relationship status and I don't know most of theirs because it's not relevant to our interactions.
It’s good for the user because they can have a surrogate to help them realize fantasies their real-life partner can’t (or won’t) while the model won’t be dealing with users who will catch feelings and look at their cam-time models as anything other than entertainment. Win-win.
I don't even know how you arrived at this conclusion. It's also really funny that you think people in relationships don't catch feelings, or that single people aren't attracted to people who are married or in relationships. It's also funny how you don't think about relationship based kinks at all (hotwifing, cucking, milfs, etc) and how goddamn popular they are.
2. The real-life partner almost always suffers to some degree in silence that their significant other is doing sexual things with strangers while also denying their relationship solely for more tips.
Again wit the haughty assumptions and generalizations. Loads of people knowingly cam with the knowledge of their partners and deliberately withhold their relationship status for strategic and safety reasons. Hell most of the time the partners are in on it or suggest it themselves. Don't assume things about how other people have relationships and don't try to cram sex work into your tiny idea of what an ethical relationship looks like.
Put the shoe on the other foot: Would you be okay with your significant other hanging out at the bar and telling people they were single?
If she worked there as like a hostess or a stripper and it was part of her job? Yeah dude I don't give a fuck. it's part of her job and she'd make more money if she told people she was single than in a relationship. Your analogy is flawed because going to a bar is not the same as going to work.
Highly doubtful, especially if their logic was “hey babe, I was only trying to dance with them for free drinks!” At the end of the day, the off-cam SOs deserve to be treated with respect, too - That means not being denied.
This is laughable. YOU ARE CONFLATING DATING WITH CAMMING. STAHP IT.
1. This doesn't even work and 2. It's fucking sexist. I don't need the excuse of having a big strong man hanging around to scare off all of the other penises who want to take over his territory and own and mate me with me.

Fuck. Off. With. That. Shit.

I'm not "taken" even if I were in a monogamous relationship. I'm not owned by my partner. I am perfectly capable of telling someone giving me unwanted and inappropriate advances to cut it out or fuck right off. It's calling setting boundaries dude.

Maybe instead of normalizing having men whiteknight for their partners we could normalize I dunno, letting feminine passing people advocate for themselves. Wild thought I know.
4. The models themselves won’t become financially or emotionally dependent upon someone they otherwise would match poorly with. There was a model I was regular with who listed her status as “single” on MFC. Well, as time went on, it eventually came to light she had a boyfriend, which killed my fantasy.
F to pay respects for your boner. RIPenis.
So I started entertaining other models until one day, I get a PM from her putting me on blast for not having been in her room for a while. When I explained myself in a non-confrontational manner, she continued berating me, saying I was overreacting and that all other models do this. She then sarcastically offered B/G content to rub the fact that I was single in my face, which was the last time I spoke to her. I get models have feelings, but I’m not a wallet with ears either and I too have feelings.
Why is her relationship status relevant? Like I don't know or care enough about the details to know if she was actually being a dick or not after you found out (because not telling you was well within her right and it was none of your business) but seriously dude, why the fuck does it matter? Genuinely interested because I have a feeling you haven't actually questioned this yourself.

It's not like you actually know any of us. It's all parasocial. Just give your favorite cam waifu a headcannon and leave it at that.

I dont lie to people i care about. At all.
I'd lie to people I don't care about though, as deemed needed, as often as needed, no problems.
Damn, I care about my members so I better stop say I'm logging off to get a drink/snack and be honest I'm going to poop. :haha:

Damn, I care about my members so I better stop say I'm logging off to get a drink/snack and be honest I'm going to poop. :haha:
Some of that will be cultural as well though..
But yes id always say i'm going to the toilet.

• Funny!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
I will only say this: the cam girl in question and her big tipper actually met, hence the big tips thrown at her.
To me that no longer sounds like the typical camgirl that sells a fantasy (i have respect for those who make shows and sell videos - those who sell something and are being honest about it) but it sounds like someone who tried to mislead a guy just to get his money.
And i don’t undertand those who say “ohh, poor girl, she’s been through a lot because of him” LOL NO. It’s not like he cornered her and forced her to take his money, meet him and lie to him.
There is more to this story but what i said is enough. It saddens me when camgirls only choose their side because they are women and victims.
Have a nice day all.

Meeting does not really change much of anything. If you are offering significant compensation to someone for a meeting they are not a standard dinner and a move "date", it is "pay for play/meet". "Providers/Strippers" also will in general not tell you person details, and will also maintain the fantasy they believe the customer wants. In general when you are paying someone for a meeting you will not know if any of it is "real" and it may all be a made up fantasy. At the end of the day they are being paid and it is a job to them and the provider will usually maintain separation of their real life, and the part they play for money.

I do disclose my marriage but I understand why models don't and it's not because appearing single is more alluring and profitable.

I'm constantly asked;
Did I get my husband's approval to cam
Does he know
Is he turned on by all the dudes masturbating to me
Can he come on cam or make content with you
What is his penis size
His kinks
Intimate details of our sexlife
Do we swing
When is the divorce
Why can't he support me
ect.

It's hella annoying.

Sir, many patrons of the sex industry lie. They lie about their age, their penis size, their wealth, their sex life, their relationship status, purchasing content, or tipping. We don't lie because of some nefarious reason. The reason why models have personas, don't disclose their location, and don't use their real name is for safety. Sex workers are frequent targets of harassment and violence. Even online. There are people who do not value our privacy, safety, or lives.

Fuck your morality.
I have heard some of these too.

Some customers do find it a turn on, one asked would I cheat.?

Status
Not open for further replies.