AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Opinions on reaching out to regulars who went quiet?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashacurves

Cam Model
Nov 22, 2021
United Kingdom
onlyfans.com
Twitter Username
@SashaCurves
MFC Username
Sasha_Curves
Streamate Username
SashaCurves
This applies to camming as well as sites like OnlyFans etc. What are people's opinions on reaching out to regulars who stopped being regulars or who you haven't seen in a while? Or even making the first move when talking to regulars in general?

Hear me out, I always make time to reply to people on my free snapchat, on my OnlyFans, even on my MFC mail etc but I NEVER make the first move because I've always thought it would look a bit beggy/salesy. I'm now thinking maybe that attitude is a mistake? Perhaps some of my regulars have gone off the grid because they feel like I don't care about them? If someone disappears I want to give them space because I don't know what they might be going through, and don't want to be the annoying cam girl they used to be interested in but now keeps chasing them to come spend more money on her again lol.

Would love to hear what other models think/do and also what members think about this?

I'm basically in the same boat as you. I've always, traditionally waited for them to come to me. However, some of the really successful Femdom models do the complete opposite. And some of the successful vanilla models too, so it's definitely not a one size fits all thing.

Good question, I'm super curious what people have to say/ feedback about this too.

Reactions: Sashacurves
Right! I also do have some regulars who "jokingly" complain that I don't pay them enough attention sometimes, so with those I do try and make as much effort as I can when I have time 😅, so maybe there are more than we think who feel this way...

Reactions: MarieElise
As a member I would compare it to a situation similar to a friendship. I know its very different but there are some similarities. Meaning that if a friend goes quiet it doesn't hurt to signal a certain interest. The regular can still decide freely if/ how he/she responds.

"Hey I'm here, let's have a beer" is much better than "Whats the matter, don't you like me any more?"

So basically trying to avoid demanding language.

If I go quiet (I do so often) I'm happy if I get a signal. If this signal is articulated positively I like to respond. Going quiet sometimes means to get lost in yourself and loosing objectivity. A signal from outside can be wonderful.

Might be very different for others.

For this one member I wouldn’t mind a poke. But it would bother me if it became several messages over a short period of time that were sales like in tone.

I don’t see any issues with sending a nice and friendly message to see if they respond or return. 👍

It's a fine line to tread.

As a user, if a model that I have built some sort of rapport in addition to merely the sexy stuff sent me a message in a similar vein (i.e. not obviously sales oriented), I'd be pleased to receive it and would respond warmly.

In truth, even if it was from a model with whom I had only shared tokens and vibrations, and even if the message was obviously a thinly veiled sales pitch, I'd still reply (I am a polite guy after all, and politeness costs nothing). I would, however, struggle to keep the sound of my eyes rolling at the "I've missed you baby!!" message coming through in my reply :) ;)

I send them snaps every time before I go online, if I see that a long time passes and they don't answer me, I delete them, I don't like to bother them, most of the time, they come back alone, sometimes I send them message and I ask how they are doing, if I don't get an answer, I stop.

There are five or six models that reach out to me regularly if I have not been around. I don't mind. It is nice because they just say something I like "I miss you" or "hope you have a nice day." Just a nudge.

Actually, as I am typing this I got a message from a model saying "Come here." So maybe after I finish this post I will ... 😈

This applies to camming as well as sites like OnlyFans etc. What are people's opinions on reaching out to regulars who stopped being regulars or who you haven't seen in a while? Or even making the first move when talking to regulars in general?

Hear me out, I always make time to reply to people on my free snapchat, on my OnlyFans, even on my MFC mail etc but I NEVER make the first move because I've always thought it would look a bit beggy/salesy. I'm now thinking maybe that attitude is a mistake? Perhaps some of my regulars have gone off the grid because they feel like I don't care about them? If someone disappears I want to give them space because I don't know what they might be going through, and don't want to be the annoying cam girl they used to be interested in but now keeps chasing them to come spend more money on her again lol.

Would love to hear what other models think/do and also what members think about this?

No, I just let them come to me. I don't reach out to members who've gone quiet, because I don't want to come across like I'm interrogating them or pressuring them to come back to my room. I've always made it clear to people that I enjoy seeing them in my room, whether they're able to tip or not. It actually bothers me to log onto MFC, and see (on my friends list) some of the same members online all the time, but not visiting my room anymore. Whatever their reasons are (They've reached their "expiration date" with me and have moved on to other models...or whatever)...it's their business, and I'm not gonna pressure them. I do start removing names from my friends list, though, if they don't visit me anymore, as I'd prefer to not constantly see their names online if they're not visiting me. And I don't feel it's necessary to allow their PM privileges to continue. If they want to ask "Hey, how you been?," they are welcome to come back into my public chat (Where my focus should be) to ask that.

So my way of "checking up" on people is really just talking to them in the free chat (If they choose to visit me again), and I guess my occasional "Hope everyone's had a great weekend!" posts on OnlyFans and Twitter (If they follow me on there).

i am a regular in two rooms for a year now

In one of them i put 1000 tks month. Model makes first step when I join the room, I mostly make first step offline. Same level of
Communication over time.

In the other I put 2000 tk per month. Level of communication grew in the first 4 months, online and offline in both directions. Then shrinked week after week from her side. She understood that my tk limits are reached . This model lost many regulars and I am also more and more unhappy.

After one year I don’t need to see my favs naked, I am there to support them during low tipping days and well expect friendly chats in both ways during streams and offline.

SO YES REGULARS WANT U TO DO THE FIRST STEP SOMETIMES

I feel you - for the longest time, I would hate making the first move, I've always thought about it as "if they want me, they will text me". However, one time I send messages to all of my past regulars that haven't visited me in a hot minute and I had the pleasurable surprise to see some of them coming to my chatroom to keep me company and ask how I am doing.

However, as post of the ppl here mentioned, don't make your message sound beggy or as if you need their money. A cute photo with a personalised message is the way to go - something like "Hi, how have you been? I miss listening to 80s music with you" should do the trick.

No, I just let them come to me. I don't reach out to members who've gone quiet, because I don't want to come across like I'm interrogating them or pressuring them to come back to my room. I've always made it clear to people that I enjoy seeing them in my room, whether they're able to tip or not. It actually bothers me to log onto MFC, and see (on my friends list) some of the same members online all the time, but not visiting my room anymore. Whatever their reasons are (They've reached their "expiration date" with me and have moved on to other models...or whatever)...it's their business, and I'm not gonna pressure them. I do start removing names from my friends list, though, if they don't visit me anymore, as I'd prefer to not constantly see their names online if they're not visiting me. And I don't feel it's necessary to allow their PM privileges to continue. If they want to ask "Hey, how you been?," they are welcome to come back into my public chat (Where my focus should be) to ask that.

So my way of "checking up" on people is really just talking to them in the free chat (If they choose to visit me again), and I guess my occasional "Hope everyone's had a great weekend!" posts on OnlyFans and Twitter (If they follow me on there).
OK yes! This is exactly what got me thinking, I feel quite offended when I see my previously regular and/or high tippers spending my whole cam-sessions online without visiting once! I know that's an ego thing so I don't say anything to them and haven't removed any as friends (yet) but just started to wonder if I'm doing things the wrong way. Seems to be mixed opinions so far, its interesting.

I feel you - for the longest time, I would hate making the first move, I've always thought about it as "if they want me, they will text me". However, one time I send messages to all of my past regulars that haven't visited me in a hot minute and I had the pleasurable surprise to see some of them coming to my chatroom to keep me company and ask how I am doing.

However, as post of the ppl here mentioned, don't make your message sound beggy or as if you need their money. A cute photo with a personalised message is the way to go - something like "Hi, how have you been? I miss listening to 80s music with you" should do the trick.
That's a really good idea actually thanks :) Gonna do some reaching out and see where I get. It's funny cos you obviously do begin to have good genuine relationships with certain people and I do miss chatting with my favourites who disappeared!

I feel quite offended when I see my previously regular and/or high tippers spending my whole cam-sessions online without visiting once!
I hope I don't sound like a dick, but why? I was a bit surprised to read that, since I do this all the time and never for a minute considered not revisiting a room I previously spent money or used to hang out in as something offensive. I'm not looking for friendship or interesting conversation om camsites, although I'm not exactly shying away from it either. I love it when it clicks, but it usually ends up in a meh.

I spend my money and get my entertainment, and if after some time I feel there's nothing more in it for me, I just up and leave. I'm pretty sure I don't owe any cam models anything beside money and a fleeting acquaintance. Being poked (however gently) to come back and spend more time or money is junk mail for me since I left for a reason.

Reactions: Mel1
I know that's an ego thing so I don't say anything to them and haven't removed any as friends (yet) but just started to wonder if I'm doing things the wrong way. Seems to be mixed opinions so far, its interesting.

You're fine. As long as you're not chewing out members and shaming them for not being in your room, you're not doing anything "wrong." You're gonna get all kinds of responses and opinions in this thread (Models who do reach out to their regulars...models who do not...etc.), which is fine. There is no rule that all cam models must do this and that the same way, and you should do what you feel is best...what you're more comfortable with. We already give enough of our time and energy being engaging/entertaining while we're live.

I hope I don't sound like a dick, but why? I was a bit surprised to read that, since I do this all the time and never for a minute considered not revisiting a room I previously spent money or used to hang out in as something offensive. I'm not looking for friendship or interesting conversation om camsites, although I'm not exactly shying away from it either. I love it when it clicks, but it usually ends up in a meh.

I spend my money and get my entertainment, and if after some time I feel there's nothing more in it for me, I just up and leave. I'm pretty sure I don't owe any cam models anything beside money and a fleeting acquaintance. Being poked (however gently) to come back and spend more time or money is junk mail for me since I left for a reason.
No you're absolutely not sounding like a dick, thanks for being honest! Like I said it's me feeling rejected which I'm fully aware I have no right to be because you're right, people get bored and move on! This is why I haven't chased anyone so far because it's their decision if they're bored of me they're bored of me. Just wanted to hear people's opinions because I would hate for it to be that I'm missing out on these used-to-be-regulars because they felt I wasn't reaching out and paying attention to them. I'm still gonna get in touch with the ones I miss interacting with though and then ball's in their court as to whether they see me as junk mail or an old friend to reacquaint with :)

Reactions: CheeseMoon
You're fine. As long as you're not chewing out members and shaming them for not being in your room, you're not doing anything "wrong." You're gonna get all kinds of responses and opinions in this thread (Models who do reach out to their regulars...models who do not...etc.), which is fine. There is no rule that all cam models must do this and that the same way, and you should do what you feel is best...what you're more comfortable with. We already give enough of our time and energy being engaging/entertaining while we're live.
Yep you're right there - I'm not sure how much extra time I really have to give, but it's nice hearing different peoples' points of view thank you :)

I think definitely! Just ask them to follow you on other social medias, or something you could do actively is follow them actually! No interest from them is still a level of interest, so if you become interested in them- you can bring them back around. Especially when they see more of you, they'll miss you! This works every time!

Just wanted to hear people's opinions because I would hate for it to be that I'm missing out on these used-to-be-regulars because they felt I wasn't reaching out and paying attention to them. I'm still gonna get in touch with the ones I miss interacting with though and then ball's in their court as to whether they see me as junk mail or an old friend to reacquaint with :)
Must have missed your reply ...

Everyone who stopped visiting a model has their own reasons for it, but I'm thinking it can't hurt sending them a reminder (of sorts), a picture or just a neutral message that you're online. Personally I'm done when I'm done, but you should probably not assume not everyone is like me. Haha.

I get nudges now and then on StripChat from models I used to visit, but they are more often than not either straight up copy/paste bulk mail jobs or come across as too needy. Some even have the balls to send pictures I have to pay for in their "please come spend" messages. Probably a mistake (I hope), but still slightly offputting. I had one Romanian model chase me for months to come back, including the "I don't care if you don't tip you're so funny" schtick, but it was all crickets and static after I showed up one more time and chatted without tipping. Was a bit awkward. So don't make users reluctantly come back ...

It probably depends on the personality of the member.

For me it’s all about the tone of the message. I don’t mind getting a DM saying hello or checking in on me, and will usually respond. I don’t like any message that asks me to take action (come visit me, help me hit goal, come to my special show etc), because my brain automatically classifies that message as junk mail, no different from the weekly store ads in my burner inbox.

But a friendly message once in a while keeps you on my radar and I very well might pop back into your room for a visit as long as things remain positive.

Reactions: MarieElise
Well just as models can come and go as they please without having to justify themselves, so do members. I know that this is not an answer you want to hear, but it is how I see it.

Just consider the other way around. You had to quit camming for whatever reason and you get mails/ tweets/ mentions all the time where you are and why you left...

This is indeed quite tricky.

Three most likely causes are perhaps:

* they discovered a new cam girl somewhere who has been drawing much of their attention

* they landed a new relationship 'in real life'

* they ran low or out of money

The last thing you should do is find some reason for you to believe it was something you said or did (I mean, it could BE that, but it is pointless for you to waste camgirl time thinking about it). There are sooooo many thousands of viewers out there, and if you can project yourself as a forward-looking person with some amount of general warmth, it will appeal to SO many viewers that one can barely be weighted against the sea of thousands.

And at the end of the day, you really don't WANT male viewers to become too attached to you... so I suspect that to merely "appeal to the masses" is the best approach.

Reactions: yummybrownfox

* they discovered a new cam girl somewhere who has been drawing much of their attention

The last thing you should do is find some reason for you to believe it was something you said or did (I mean, it could BE that, but it is pointless for you to waste camgirl time thinking about it). There are sooooo many thousands of viewers out there, and if you can project yourself as a forward-looking person with some amount of general warmth, it will appeal to SO many viewers that one can barely be weighted against the sea of thousands.

And at the end of the day, you really don't WANT male viewers to become too attached to you... so I suspect that to merely "appeal to the masses" is the best approach.
Thanks for this, it's generally my viewpoint too. I've always felt from a business perspective: plenty more fish in the sea, and from a personal perspective: whatever reason they've had for losing interest is up to them, I try to take no personal offence or resent seeing them online outside of my room!

Interestingly I've actually recently had a couple of old regulars who disappeared for months pop back up on their own terms. One had been busy having a new baby so didn't have time and the other had taken a break from the cam world and only recently decided to come back.

Reactions: yummybrownfox

Probably my favorite post from you. :) A lot of your posts have me scratching my head like huh, but this one is great. 👍

Someone once gave me some priceless information...
"Never assume you have any regulars. People come and go all the time. Always strive to gain new viewers."
Now, that is not to say that you shouldn't reach out to someone who was once your top fan. However, in the long run what you need to do is gain more new viewers.
I found that switching up my profile photo every once in a while helps brings some older fans/viewers back. Trust me, they fall out of lust with us just as fast as they fell in. Keep looking forward!

Love and Best to All. XOXO

crownchakra

Reactions: mira_leo
Hear me out, I always make time to reply to people on my free snapchat, on my OnlyFans, even on my MFC mail etc but I NEVER make the first move because I've always thought it would look a bit beggy/salesy.

Birthdays, the easiest excuse to reach out to someone once a year and they'll thank you for it........usually xD

Reactions: Sashacurves
Status
Not open for further replies.