AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Other cam sites ...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Megaclit said:
MyCamgirl said:
Streamate
Not every private chat is available and models seems to have the option to exclude videos. Many models have no video, although they had performed hundreds of private shows. Don't know if models make money with this.

A few months after I started on Streamate, a guest mentioned that he'd just bought my video. I wasn't aware I had any, and couldn't find evidence of revenue, so I assumed he was just BS'ing me. Eventually one of my regs said the same thing, so I wrote to streamate asking where, when and how I would get paid. Here's the answer I got.

"Currently, the video gallery is not optional and is actually automated.
The videos are short clips (teasers) of chathost live sessions.

The purpose of these videos is to let the members know what to expect in
the chathosts' live sessions and also to promote their image better.
Members join Streamate for LIVE performances, so you shouldn't feel
threatened by the video feature. Also, this feature increases the quality
of the site and keeps members loyal to Streamate, which is to your
advantage.

The cost to produce and store the videos is barely covered by the
earnings they generate. This feature was not introduced for profit, but
for quality improvement. "

I can't say I'm ecstatic about this. I'd appreciate some control over it. The option to have this extra promo, and control over what videos they show. But the least they could do, the VERY LEAST, is to make it clear that models don't get paid when they watch them. Naturally they expect us to be grateful, in the same way they do when they tip us a dollar and have no idea that we only get 35 cents. But that's another issue.
Cams.com records your private shows as videos, but at least you get the same cut of the videos when people watch them... that's sad that SM doesn't pay ya for it.

Reactions: mischa
I too find streamate to be a good choice for camming. I am in privates much more on streamate then on flirt4free.com and its nice to be able to set your own rate for the show. The only thing I dislike about streamate is you can only change the price per minute once per day, it'd be nice to be able to switch it to a higher rate if it was a busy day but you do not have that option.

Flirt4free can be great if you get a big spender who pops in for a lengthy private, however I find myself sitting in free chat the majority of the time. They do have contests you can win which can have you winning a couple extra hundred dollars here and there.

I'm surprised no-one mentions iFriends these days. They are not what they used to be, as far as traffic goes but somehow I still manage to make about 25% of my revenue there. They also have a fan club option that you can charge up to $30 a month for. If you fill it with hot pics and videos, you can enjoy quite a fanbase.

Mega, shhhhh, people here seem to hate it when you mention iFriends, lol.

I think it'd get more people if it wasn't so damn awkward to navigate on the fanclub and host's side. But these days it's trying to catch up to MFC's influence and a lot of people are complaining about it now.

Countessa said:
Camwithher.com / ICGirls.com / Nudeadultcams.com

- Some of the highest prices per min in the industry - girls can set their own price
- You can turn live streaming on or off and just have text chat - I leave it off so I can get on with other things like school work and it turns on when I accept shows.
- very high percentage - it depends on how many hrs you do and whether you are an exclusive model or not but it's up to 70%
- Great community, steady earnings once you're established, fanclub options available, friendly boss and great team of mods for tech support.
- They cut a deal with naked.com so you can make a naked account through their software with them as studio. You actually earn a higher % payout through the nudeadultcams studio than you do directly through naked.com! But you need to turn free streaming on in order to use naked because they are like MFC that way.

I was wondering if anybody had any more information about camwither.com and its company? I really really really like the website design but I usually only see 3-4 girls online at a time so I'm not sure about the traffic.

Also I was wondering if Suicide Girls/ Gods Girls would be a good side project? Anybody got any advice about these sites?

Anyone have any feedback for SakuraLive?

I'm on LiveJasmin right now and had a pretty crap day today. :p I'm thinking I might need to branch out (or start split camming on other sites or something) and as tempting at MFC looks, hardcore in public chat might be the deal breaker for me. Feedback for a n00b?

NataliaNova said:
Anyone have any feedback for SakuraLive?

I'm on LiveJasmin right now and had a pretty crap day today. :p I'm thinking I might need to branch out (or start split camming on other sites or something) and as tempting at MFC looks, hardcore in public chat might be the deal breaker for me. Feedback for a n00b?

Have you tried Streamate? I still get on MFC often but rely on SM for my steady pay. You can be successful on MFC without hardcore in public, you just have to work harder IMO.

Felicity said:
Countessa said:
Camwithher.com / ICGirls.com / Nudeadultcams.com

- Some of the highest prices per min in the industry - girls can set their own price
- You can turn live streaming on or off and just have text chat - I leave it off so I can get on with other things like school work and it turns on when I accept shows.
- very high percentage - it depends on how many hrs you do and whether you are an exclusive model or not but it's up to 70%
- Great community, steady earnings once you're established, fanclub options available, friendly boss and great team of mods for tech support.
- They cut a deal with naked.com so you can make a naked account through their software with them as studio. You actually earn a higher % payout through the nudeadultcams studio than you do directly through naked.com! But you need to turn free streaming on in order to use naked because they are like MFC that way.

I was wondering if anybody had any more information about camwither.com and its company? I really really really like the website design but I usually only see 3-4 girls online at a time so I'm not sure about the traffic.

Also I was wondering if Suicide Girls/ Gods Girls would be a good side project? Anybody got any advice about these sites?

I am on godsgirls and i love it :) They allow you to do DIY sets mean shot by you and not a photographer .. Im actually uploading them as i type this .. they allow 3 sets sent in at a time .. they have an awesome online community

i tried SG and hated it .. they have now locked me out of my account and wont let me take it down .. they never approved any of my sets i sent in!

Reactions: Felicity and MFCTay
Thanks. That doesn't seem like a lot to me. But if it is steady I guess that's all that matters. So if I charge 4.99 a min which I think is the highest right, then that means I am really only getting $1.74 a min. Is that correct?

Lydia_Deetz said:
Sweetsam said:
Thanks! Also what is the percentage you get on streamate? I cant find what it is.

35%, Unless your with a studio.

Sweetsam said:
Thanks. That doesn't seem like a lot to me. But if it is steady I guess that's all that matters. So if I charge 4.99 a min which I think is the highest right, then that means I am really only getting $1.74 a min. Is that correct?

Lydia_Deetz said:
Sweetsam said:
Thanks! Also what is the percentage you get on streamate? I cant find what it is.

35%, Unless your with a studio.

35% is the minimum you can make with Streamate. You can make an additional 40% when you refer someone and they spend money on you. You can make an additional 20% when the member you refer spends money with another model. Keep this in mind when considering your options because that is a HUGE incentive for you to refer your regulars to Streamate and can make a big difference in your overall earnings. Trust me. All it takes is 2-3 people to see your hourly earnings double. And it's pretty nice to wake up and see that one of my regs took another model private and I made money without having to do a thing.

One other thing is that if you want to charge more just submit a request to Streamate support and they can increase your max charge amount. They may tell you that you have to be active on the site for a minimum amount of time, like 30 days or something, but it CAN be done. I have the ability to charge up to $12 per minute I believe.

Hope this helps! :)

Reactions: caireen
Wow that's crazy! Thanks for the feedback ladies! I am just waiting to be approved, I submitted everything, so now I just have to wait...

Thanks a bunch! :)

KittyWilde said:
Sweetsam said:

35% is the minimum you can make with Streamate. You can make an additional 40% when you refer someone and they spend money on you. You can make an additional 20% when the member you refer spends money with another model. Keep this in mind when considering your options because that is a HUGE incentive for you to refer your regulars to Streamate and can make a big difference in your overall earnings. Trust me. All it takes is 2-3 people to see your hourly earnings double. And it's pretty nice to wake up and see that one of my regs took another model private and I made money without having to do a thing.

One other thing is that if you want to charge more just submit a request to Streamate support and they can increase your max charge amount. They may tell you that you have to be active on the site for a minimum amount of time, like 30 days or something, but it CAN be done. I have the ability to charge up to $12 per minute I believe.

Hope this helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.