AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Own music in videos?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MsVeraMillion

Cam Model
Mar 21, 2019
Twitter Username
@vera_million
MFC Username
Vera_Million
Streamate Username
Vera_Million
Chaturbate Username
vera_million
Wondering if anyone has an idea on this...

I went about uploading a few of my videos now that I am becoming active on Chaturbate. There is a notice stating that videos containing ANY music will have all sound removed, I would assume for the purpose of not running into copyright/royalty issues, which I entirely understand. My question is, does there exist any way to get clearance if you own the song? I am the musician and have only used my own music in videos that include any, for which I own all rights and publishing. Can they be uploaded with proof of rights provided to CB or will I have to leave them off my page entirely to not have them altered? They are being sold elsewhere. If sales of my other music-free vids prove to be worth it, I would be willing to ultimately re-produce the ones in question with the background music track removed.

I have used royalty free music in some of my videos and they were fine (license on the music was to add a credit at the end of the video which I did). I would recommend emailing support though to get the official stance on it as it's entirely possible that I just got lucky a couple of times with not having the music stripped out. ( the music was only being used for title screens and credits though, so that could also be why.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.