AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Page rank algorithm change?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2020
This morning on CB, I noticed something that makes me wonder if they’ve tweaked the page rank algorithm again.

Some of the models I follow normally hover around 20-50 room count (or less). But today, I noticed they all seem to have higher traffic. Some significantly higher (150-200 in her room when she is usually around 20-30, for example). When an abnormal spike in room traffic happens, normally the bulk of it is anonymous viewers, but not this time. Several purple usernames in all cases. (Which is great, btw).

Then I looked at the Females tab and saw several of those models on “my” Page 1 (I say “my” Page 1 because I use search filters, plus I suspect CB’s algorithm might be tailoring my top models a bit based on my viewing habits… so I assume another member’s Page 1 would probably display different models in a different order).

Anyone else noticing similar changes? On the surface, this looks like a positive change. But I’m not entirely sure what is happening. I just know some great models are getting more registered viewers today, which seems good.

My best educated guess is that they’ve improved the page rank algorithm so that a wider variety of models have the chance to show up at the top of *someone’s* page, based on their viewing habits. And because of that, some mid-to-low ranked models are being seen more often, resulting in higher room traffic. But I don’t know.

Side note: If they have not done the above, they should. They have soooo many active models. Letting the majority of them languish on page 19 (or whatever) seems like a waste of one of CB’s greatest assets (variety of models to choose from).

One thing I’ve noticed for the past week is that it shows 1000 views in 1 minute and by 3 minutes I’m already at 3000 then it crashes and goes between 1-2000 before it starts building up again. Usually it took me about 20 minutes to get to 1000; I’m not complaining but it was strange to see.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
One thing I’ve noticed for the past week is that it shows 1000 views in 1 minute and by 3 minutes I’m already at 3000 then it crashes and goes between 1-2000 before it starts building up again. Usually it took me about 20 minutes to get to 1000; I’m not complaining but it was strange to see.
Actually it’s been since I’ve adjusted my OBS settings. I had to lower the quality because of lagging. I guess it’s easier for my fans to get into my room.

Upvote 0
Actually it’s been since I’ve adjusted my OBS settings. I had to lower the quality because of lagging. I guess it’s easier for my fans to get into my room.
It's good you realized what was happening.

On both CB and MFC, there are models cranking their HD to the max and it's not super easy for every member to be able to accept that kind of stream. And as I recall, neither site has 100% great functions for members to adjust it on their end.

Best to find a level of HD that looks nice enough, but doesn't overwhelm the majority of viewers so we can accommodate the greatest amount of audience members.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
It's good you realized what was happening.

On both CB and MFC, there are models cranking their HD to the max and it's not super easy for every member to be able to accept that kind of stream. And as I recall, neither site has 100% great functions for members to adjust it on their end.

Best to find a level of HD that looks nice enough, but doesn't overwhelm the majority of viewers so we can accommodate the greatest amount of audience members.
Yes I was broadcasting in 1080 and lowered to 720. I ended up
Buying a new desktop with a better graphics card hopefully that helps with the HD.

Upvote 0
This morning on CB, I noticed something that makes me wonder if they’ve tweaked the page rank algorithm again.

Some of the models I follow normally hover around 20-50 room count (or less). But today, I noticed they all seem to have higher traffic. Some significantly higher (150-200 in her room when she is usually around 20-30, for example). When an abnormal spike in room traffic happens, normally the bulk of it is anonymous viewers, but not this time. Several purple usernames in all cases. (Which is great, btw).

Then I looked at the Females tab and saw several of those models on “my” Page 1 (I say “my” Page 1 because I use search filters, plus I suspect CB’s algorithm might be tailoring my top models a bit based on my viewing habits… so I assume another member’s Page 1 would probably display different models in a different order).

Anyone else noticing similar changes? On the surface, this looks like a positive change. But I’m not entirely sure what is happening. I just know some great models are getting more registered viewers today, which seems good.

My best educated guess is that they’ve improved the page rank algorithm so that a wider variety of models have the chance to show up at the top of *someone’s* page, based on their viewing habits. And because of that, some mid-to-low ranked models are being seen more often, resulting in higher room traffic. But I don’t know.

Side note: If they have not done the above, they should. They have soooo many active models. Letting the majority of them languish on page 19 (or whatever) seems like a waste of one of CB’s greatest assets (variety of models to choose from).
by the way you should open an anonymous browser to see the real algorithm. otherwise if you login you will see always the models you follow in page 1 and then are considered even the previous visited rooms. as far as i experienced it means the ranking is customized for every member.

• Helpful!
Reactions: schruti
Upvote 0
by the way you should open an anonymous browser to see the real algorithm. otherwise if you login you will see always the models you follow in page 1 and then are considered even the previous visited rooms. as far as i experienced it means the ranking is customized for every member.
You mean recommended models? you can just disable that in the settings. My first page is almost the exact same as the affiliate sites minus the models that disable appear on network sites of course.

If its something else then I dont know maybe its a system they are trying with only some accounts but for me I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Upvote 0

Isn't this what "recommended" is for on the top of the main page if you have it enabled and also in rooms (the tab below the video stream)... otherwise I don't think it's catered or customised per individual, I kind of think CB would be too lazy to code that anyway :rofl: :rofl:

• Funny!
Reactions: insy
Upvote 0
You mean recommended models? you can just disable that in the settings. My first page is almost the exact same as the affiliate sites minus the models that disable appear on network sites of course.

If its something else then I dont know maybe its a system they are trying with only some accounts but for me I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
or maybe it is because they are banning so many models that everytime you refresh the page it changes the ranking excluding the banned ones :angel:

Upvote 0

It hasn’t been as noticeable the past couple days, but there was definitely something abnormal on Monday. Temporary glitch, or cb testing something, I don’t know.

Anyway, it was pretty cool seeing numerous models enjoy better placement and room traffic than usual, even if it was temporary.

Upvote 0
It hasn’t been as noticeable the past couple days, but there was definitely something abnormal on Monday. Temporary glitch, or cb testing something, I don’t know.

Anyway, it was pretty cool seeing numerous models enjoy better placement and room traffic than usual, even if it was temporary.
are you sure it was not related to the traffic change that usually occurs before the 15th and last day of the month - that are the closure days for the payments?!?

Upvote 0
or maybe it is because they are banning so many models that everytime you refresh the page it changes the ranking excluding the banned ones :angel:

There are a lot of people broadcasting, in the last month about 190000 accounts broadcasted on CB. The majority of bans I hear about even when the model says they did nothing wrong end up having a valid reason. I do wish they provided the details immediately at the time of banning and not hold off for so long though, I really think it would make a huge difference in the amount of public outcry.

Upvote 0

Let me guess, monday afternoon around 4:15pm EST? Edit: oh no you posted in the morning, hmm nope so wouldnt have been that same glitch I noticed.

Upvote 0
There are a lot of people broadcasting, in the last month about 190000 accounts broadcasted on CB. The majority of bans I hear about even when the model says they did nothing wrong end up having a valid reason. I do wish they provided the details immediately at the time of banning and not hold off for so long though, I really think it would make a huge difference in the amount of public outcry.
probably it's needed a different strategy... because the number 190000 contains a lot of fake/duplicated.
if you go in the bots pages you will see a lot of models broadcasting the same streaming in 4/5 different accounts to have the gain that the "NEW" tag provide them.
i think it's needed to have a way to give the models more visibility... for example a randomic 5/6 cams in the first row of the page 1 of each gender category so the models that are usually after the 40th page will have the opportunity to be noticed.

Upvote 0
Hmm its interesting what you writing. Me and my friend today and yesterday had total dropped down of people in our rooms and also tokens we received. Also most people were coming and immediately leaving and many times somebody tipped ,then left then again back,tipped and left and so on. Like some problems witj tipping. We were sure that something was wrong today and yesterday. Totally opposite what u wrote here. But probably is very individual for different models.

Upvote 0
Isn't this what "recommended" is for on the top of the main page if you have it enabled and also in rooms (the tab below the video stream)... otherwise I don't think it's catered or customised per individual, I kind of think CB would be too lazy to code that anyway :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah I think it goes by rooms you’ve watched before.
probably it's needed a different strategy... because the number 190000 contains a lot of fake/duplicated.
if you go in the bots pages you will see a lot of models broadcasting the same streaming in 4/5 different accounts to have the gain that the "NEW" tag provide them.
i think it's needed to have a way to give the models more visibility... for example a randomic 5/6 cams in the first row of the page 1 of each gender category so the models that are usually after the 40th page will have the opportunity to be noticed.
is it actually possible that someone can duplicate my room. I often have users telling me that someone is duplicating my room but when I look up the name nothing shows up.

Upvote 0

is it actually possible that someone can duplicate my room. I often have users telling me that someone is duplicating my room but when I look up the name nothing shows up.
yeah. i saw it once with the lady i was following. she clicked on some name of someone in her room and saw that they were broadcasting/duplicating her on their own profile at the same time.

Upvote 0

If they are showing you this duplicate room name in a TIP NOTE or PM, then it's a scam, do not click the link/s.

Reactions: Olive
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.