AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Paypal.me without my real name on it?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that many men have a knee-jerk reaction to the term "mansplaining" and I get it. It's a not-so-nice word for a not-so-fun experience. In this case, the term member-splaining might be more accurate, as Elay suggested... But since 99.999% of the members who do this are men, the term isn't necessarily wrong. It fits this exact scenario, y'know? A model speaks up and gives advice, because she has spent years cultivating her knowledge and is very qualified to give it. And then a man stepped forward to tell her that she was wrong, and give misinformation that they weren't qualified to give in the first place, because he honestly thinks he knows more than she does. I am not pointing this out in an attempt to be insulting. But this situation is the EXACT, LITERAL definition of mansplaining - or membersplaining, if you will. It may not be fun to be called out on it, but it isn't fun to experience on the other-side either, y'know?

Personally, I have always found it super condescending when people claim to know more about a career than the people who actually work the job, when the first people have never worked the said job themselves. I'm not trying to pick on you, Nikolai! I'm just amazed at this mentality as a whole because I have seen this exact situation/mindset dozens of times over the years on these boards and it always, always flabbergasts me. Because I know so many members who genuinely feel this way and it just feels so... insulting? It seems like it should be so obvious that it isn't true at all. Just because I enjoy driving cars, it doesn't mean I should tell a mechanic how to do their job. Just because I've read a book on carpentry, it doesn't mean I should try to tell professional contractors the best way to build the frame of a house. It doesn't really work like that. It would be pretty insulting and silly to try it with those professionals - so it always surprises me when members don't understand that the concept is the same here, with our careers as well.

I am not arguing that members don't have very valuable perspectives and opinions that they can share about their experiences on the other side of the game - because I believe they do. And I believe that such opinions have the potential to be very valuable. But those are just opinions and perspectives, and every single person carries a different one, so they must be taken with a grain of salt. When it comes to the technical aspects of the job, the actual cammodel experiences themselves - it seems pretty obvious to me. No one knows more about camming than veteran cammodels. No one understands content producing more than veteran content producers. No one understands careers better than the people who have spent years learning, experiencing, honing, and practicing said craft.

I always use the chef analogy in these circumstances because I think it shows the silliness of such a claim. Even if I was the biggest foodie in the world, I could never walk into a kitchen and give a bunch of chefs advice on how to cook their meals. I would never try to teach newbie chefs how to navigate their kitchens and learn their craft. And should I give the wrong advice to newbie chefs, the chefs who have actually spent years training and learning and cooking... They have every right to tell me when I am wrong, especially if I tried to correct a chef who already had years on the job. Sure, I wouldn't be happy if they called me a salty bitch in response, but their annoyance would be understandable. Especially when they constantly have people wander into the kitchen, people who have never chopped a vegetable or turned on a stove in their life, trying to give information to the newbies that could cause them to lose a finger or burn the whole house down. It's insulting and it has the potential to be dangerous, y'know?

If you enjoy eating food, you can be helpful by sharing your own insights. You can tell the chefs about the foods you enjoy the best, your favorite restaurant experiences, the spices you might prefer. You can share your stories, and they might have an impact on the chefs, new and old alike. Or they might not. And that's okay too. But enjoying fine cuisine doesn't make you a chef, let alone an expert one. And while the helpful advice comes from a good place... It's not wise to think you know more than the chefs, and it's probably not your place to try to teach the new baby chefs who come along, wanting to learn their crafts. And should you take the chance of trying to teach them, you probably shouldn't be surprised or offended if your advice is proven wrong, especially if you're trying to correct a veteran chef.

It's to be expected, y'know? Because no matter how much I love eating, no matter how many restaurants I visit, I'll NEVER be qualified to teach a chef their craft. I will never know more than they do, and it would be pretty condescending to act otherwise. Instead, I'll just let them do their thing, and let them roam their kitchens in peace, teaching and creating and learning. And I'll sit happily at my table and continue to enjoy the delicious food those awesome chefs create for my tastebuds to enjoy!

That way, everyone's happy!

I know that many men have a knee-jerk reaction to the term "mansplaining" and I get it. It's a not-so-nice word for a not-so-fun experience. In this case, the term member-splaining might be more accurate, as Elay suggested... But since 99.999% of the members who do this are men, the term isn't necessarily wrong. It fits this exact scenario, y'know? A model speaks up and gives advice, because she has spent years cultivating her knowledge and is very qualified to give it. And then a man stepped forward to tell her that she was wrong, and give misinformation that they weren't qualified to give in the first place, because he honestly thinks he knows more than she does. I am not pointing this out in an attempt to be insulting. But this situation is the EXACT, LITERAL definition of mansplaining - or membersplaining, if you will. It may not be fun to be called out on it, but it isn't fun to experience on the other-side either, y'know?

Personally, I have always found it super condescending when people claim to know more about a career than the people who actually work the job, when the first people have never worked the said job themselves. I'm not trying to pick on you, Nikolai! I'm just amazed at this mentality as a whole because I have seen this exact situation/mindset dozens of times over the years on these boards and it always, always flabbergasts me. Because I know so many members who genuinely feel this way and it just feels so... insulting? It seems like it should be so obvious that it isn't true at all. Just because I enjoy driving cars, it doesn't mean I should tell a mechanic how to do their job. Just because I've read a book on carpentry, it doesn't mean I should try to tell professional contractors the best way to build the frame of a house. It doesn't really work like that. It would be pretty insulting and silly to try it with those professionals - so it always surprises me when members don't understand that the concept is the same here, with our careers as well.

I am not arguing that members don't have very valuable perspectives and opinions that they can share about their experiences on the other side of the game - because I believe they do. And I believe that such opinions have the potential to be very valuable. But those are just opinions and perspectives, and every single person carries a different one, so they must be taken with a grain of salt. When it comes to the technical aspects of the job, the actual cammodel experiences themselves - it seems pretty obvious to me. No one knows more about camming than veteran cammodels. No one understands content producing more than veteran content producers. No one understands careers better than the people who have spent years learning, experiencing, honing, and practicing said craft.

I always use the chef analogy in these circumstances because I think it shows the silliness of such a claim. Even if I was the biggest foodie in the world, I could never walk into a kitchen and give a bunch of chefs advice on how to cook their meals. I would never try to teach newbie chefs how to navigate their kitchens and learn their craft. And should I give the wrong advice to newbie chefs, the chefs who have actually spent years training and learning and cooking... They have every right to tell me when I am wrong, especially if I tried to correct a chef who already had years on the job. Sure, I wouldn't be happy if they called me a salty bitch in response, but their annoyance would be understandable. Especially when they constantly have people wander into the kitchen, people who have never chopped a vegetable or turned on a stove in their life, trying to give information to the newbies that could cause them to lose a finger or burn the whole house down. It's insulting and it has the potential to be dangerous, y'know?

If you enjoy eating food, you can be helpful by sharing your own insights. You can tell the chefs about the foods you enjoy the best, your favorite restaurant experiences, the spices you might prefer. You can share your stories, and they might have an impact on the chefs, new and old alike. Or they might not. And that's okay too. But enjoying fine cuisine doesn't make you a chef, let alone an expert one. And while the helpful advice comes from a good place... It's not wise to think you know more than the chefs, and it's probably not your place to try to teach the new baby chefs who come along, wanting to learn their crafts. And should you take the chance of trying to teach them, you probably shouldn't be surprised or offended if your advice is proven wrong, especially if you're trying to correct a veteran chef.

It's to be expected, y'know? Because no matter how much I love eating, no matter how many restaurants I visit, I'll NEVER be qualified to teach a chef their craft. I will never know more than they do, and it would be pretty condescending to act otherwise. Instead, I'll just let them do their thing, and let them roam their kitchens in peace, teaching and creating and learning. And I'll sit happily at my table and continue to enjoy the delicious food those awesome chefs create for my tastebuds to enjoy!

Cheers!

Alright. I get it.
gee whiz
Try to help someone out and all I get is grief

Can I just say I am in total awe of how well, and how patiently, you always explain why people are upset about stuff.

Let me preface this by saying I enjoy your writing. I mean that in all sincerity.

I have been a compulsive reader all my life; when I am confronted with a post such as yours, I really have no choice but to read it. And I must say, you have a very soothing tone about you.

Unfortunately, as much as I appreciate the nurturing qualities in what you have said here, I fear your perspective ignores what amounts a very large elephant in an increasingly crowded room-- namely, that...

"Mansplaining" is hate speech.

But it gets worse...it is hate speech that has become tediously obnoxious. Partly because of overuse/misuse over the last decade, and partly because of the sheer paucity of intellect of many who are wont to use it.

And lest anyone think they have cleverly invented a new word by swapping the 'man' out for 'member' (or any other label for that matter), allow me to disabuse you of that notion right now; christsplaining... whitesplaining... blacksplaining... cissplaining... jewsplaining... goysplaining... gaysplaining... ffs, it has been done to fucking death people.

You've taken your trollposting ability to a whole new level now, @justjoinedtopost I've just about had it.

I swear, Giftly, looks JUST like GiftRocket's site, & it seems like the same set up as well... Going to check this out some more.

EDIT: They are indeed from the same company. If you scroll to the bottom of both pages, they have the same addresses.

I know GiftRocket isn't sex worker friendly, in the way of that you are no longer allowed to use them as a "payment processor" for any kind of tangible or intangible items if you are a sex worker. You can still use them for a tribute though.

Some things I found when researching something similar:
  1. Giftly sells virtual “Gift Cards”. Users in the US can extract the money to their bank account, a prepaid Visa card, or to their PayPal account. Most of the negative reviews I read about the service were from people that did not understand how it works. It looks like senders only need your Giftly account name.
  2. Use TransferWise to reload a reloadable prepaid Visa card (not all cards can be reloaded). The service is gear towards international transfers, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work between two people in the US.

I have never used either service so you will want to investigate on your own first.

Chiming in to back up all the warnings about paypal. All it takes is one bad client to report your account and you are in shitsville. I've never used it but Scarlet Fox shared her PayPal story on Instagram recently and that's all I needed to read to know I'll never use it. Not only will they shut you down if someone reports you for adult/sexual services but they will shut down any vanilla accounts you try to make after that. Let's say you get shut down for adult content but then you want to set another one up for something completely vanilla and you don't even use your stage name, doesn't matter they will still shut it down. It's not worth the risk. They will freeze your revenue for months. They are also not careful with sensitive information. If your real name or address is anywhere in your account there is no guarantee a client wont see it.

Edit because apparently I am made of typos :grr:

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Just accept you were wrong. No reason to be a salty bitch without taking offense. Also understand sometimes when you try to be helpful, and that help can possibly be incorrect. Which can be harmful.

Let's try something different. Maybe apologize and thank for the clarification. Understand and emphazie with us. It's frustrating on our end to see members pass missinformation (which you did). I know sometimes you members think you know more, but it's best to stick to the things you actually know. :)

Here is the public thread on verification: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/model-verification-requests.27650/

i just bold the words, man you are filled with hate and frustration and bottled up anger. The need for you to walk over someone with words is strong I notice. Take a break, detach for your work, obviously you are wasting your breath on issues like this, that says something about how deep you have buried your brain into this industry. I do this work 18 years and seldom run into people who talk down on others like you do.

i just bold the words, man you are filled with hate and frustration and bottled up anger. The need for you to walk over someone with words is strong I notice. Take a break, detach for your work, obviously you are wasting your breath on issues like this, that says something about how deep you have buried your brain into this industry. I do this work 18 years and seldom run into people who talk down on others like you do.

You sound like that angry one, bro.

Sounds like you are a salty bitch too who doesn't like being point out they are wrong too. Nevermind the person I was responding to is a complete troll.

Also why are we necroing this old news thread? Way to bring up old drama. Stop trying to arm psychologist me when you obviously don't understand the context to person I'm replying to.

Now I'm gonna go enjoy my Friday with my loved ones. I accept apologies in the form of cash.

Reactions: Fatquack
Nevermind the person I was responding to is a complete troll.

Also why are we necroing this old news thread? Way to bring up old drama. Stop trying to arm psychologist me when you obviously don't understand the context to person I'm replying to.
^^Yeah that. Tj you're new here, you are unaware of context and past interactions, so avoid interjecting in this sort of stuff just to be part of the drama.

Yeah that. Tj you're new here, you are unaware of context and past interactions, so avoid interjecting in this sort of stuff just to be part of the drama.

A new poster identifies the players in this drama correctly almost immediately after joining. It is not difficult to see the man-hating community you have built here, Amber.
It is no wonder why sex workers are not taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.