AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pixel Art

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2013
@Ms_Donkey
MFC Username
MsDonkeyLvsKP
Hi everyone! I pre-apologize if there's a better thread for this, I tried searching, but couldn't find anything.

I like PIXEL ART! I like looking at it, I like talking about it, and occasionally I like making it! I wanted to make a thread to
  • A) see if anyone else likes pixel art
    2) talk about pixel art (i.e. programs to use, techniques, etc.)
    III) show off our pixel art
    Four) other

I'll start by showing off a project I did a week or so back. Some of you may have seen slightly rougher drafts of these on Twitter. I fixed some pixels that I forgot to erase, and fixed problems with the transparency, so these are kinda the final version. It's Kaylee Pond, done in the style of a Pokemon Trainer (and her Dalek, Nina).

Normally when I do pixel-art I do it all from scratch, but because I was trying to make it look like a certain style, I decided to use official game-sprites as the base. Funny enough, I started out using the Female Player character Leaf, but couldn't make her curvy enough. After 4 hours of fiddling with it my editing program crashed and I decided to use the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Beauty Trainer as a base for Kaylee. I adjusted her proportions her to make her curvier, as well as changing her hair color, and making her face less scowling and more smiling. For Nina I found a red dalek sprite on Google Image Search, then recolored it with Pikachu's yellow color palette. It's totally cheating.

I used to do all my pixel art in MSPaint, (GIMP infuriates me, and Paint is pretty intuitive) but since switching to Mac (also Paint changing its layout to use the Vista Ribbon and suck) I use Paintbrush. It's minimalist, like Paint, but supports transparencies.

So that's what I've been doing. I'd love to see what you all have been working on!

Attachments

• KayleePokemon Opaque.png
    KayleePokemon Opaque.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 296
  • KayleePokemon Transparent.png
    KayleePokemon Transparent.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 296
AWWW, guys!!

Donks, I was (and still am) BLOWN AWAY by this absolutely epic birthday present! I was so utterly surprised and just love it so much. I know you'd mentioned your pixel art dabbling in the past but just had NO idea how truly skilled you were! I should have suspected. ;) I will always treasure it, thank you!

And Red, you are so, so sweet! Reading that totally made me blush, thank you!

Also, I totally made a pixel art for this thread.

n91w5er.jpg

MsDonkey said:
Hi everyone! I pre-apologize if there's a better thread for this, I tried searching, but couldn't find anything.

I like PIXEL ART! I like looking at it, I like talking about it, and occasionally I like making it! I wanted to make a thread to
    Four) other

I'll start by showing off a project I did a week or so back. Some of you may have seen slightly rougher drafts of these on Twitter. I fixed some pixels that I forgot to erase, and fixed problems with the transparency, so these are kinda the final version. It's Kaylee Pond, done in the style of a Pokemon Trainer (and her Dalek, Nina).

Normally when I do pixel-art I do it all from scratch, but because I was trying to make it look like a certain style, I decided to use official game-sprites as the base. Funny enough, I started out using the Female Player character Leaf, but couldn't make her curvy enough. After 4 hours of fiddling with it my editing program crashed and I decided to use the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Beauty Trainer as a base for Kaylee. I adjusted her proportions her to make her curvier, as well as changing her hair color, and making her face less scowling and more smiling. For Nina I found a red dalek sprite on Google Image Search, then recolored it with Pikachu's yellow color palette. It's totally cheating.

I used to do all my pixel art in MSPaint, (GIMP infuriates me, and Paint is pretty intuitive) but since switching to Mac (also Paint changing its layout to use the Vista Ribbon and suck) I use Paintbrush. It's minimalist, like Paint, but supports transparencies.

So that's what I've been doing. I'd love to see what you all have been working on!

wow!! that is some amazing pixel art :love10:

wish I had some of my own creations to share, but I don't.. boo.

one of my regs made me a character in a game he is building,

little pixel me

my little shop

:love5:

Attachments

• 2mcylc6.png
    2mcylc6.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 223
  • N92aXsq.png
    N92aXsq.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 223
LadyNausicaa said:
MsDonkey said:

Four) other

wow!! that is some amazing pixel art :love10:

wish I had some of my own creations to share, but I don't.. boo.

one of my regs made me a character in a game he is building,

little pixel me

my little shop

:love5:
WOW! That's SOOOO COOL! the face reminds me of a JRPG! Both the Final Fantasy 6-esque shop and the Portrait too.

JessieWolfe said:
But were you part of the dolling community? I was a "doller" for like 8 years haha
Fuck is that what it's called? I think I used to be one! Like hours and hours making little pixel clothes and people? :oops:

I don't think I was part of any community though. Just...very bored and obsessive. :lol:

LadyNausicaa said:
Jessie: Those are so pretty! Do you ladies know of some kind of beginner program to make these? Interested in making some now :)
There's other software out there too, but I've used paint.net to do pixel art before. I actually like it as a basic picture editor like photoshop. It does quite a lot really. It's free and there's some youtube video's showing how to use it, in general and to make pixel art. Basically you just need software that allows editing each individual pixel. With this you zoom it way in and draw. Zoom back out when you're done and you have it.

http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

First random tutorial. Don't judge it just off this. :p

This is a longer one using a found picture as a template to manipulate it into pixel art.

VeronicaChaos said:
JessieWolfe said:
But were you part of the dolling community? I was a "doller" for like 8 years haha
Fuck is that what it's called? I think I used to be one! Like hours and hours making little pixel clothes and people? :oops:

I don't think I was part of any community though. Just...very bored and obsessive. :lol:

Yes yes yes!!!! There were like 5 super active forums with thousands of people on them doing pixel art and dolls! It was amazing and I miss it greatly lol

I use paint shop pro to pixel, any version works. It is just really easy to make color palettes on there. You start a new 100x80 pixel image, fill it with a custom gradient that you want to be your palette then resize it to an 8x1 pixel image and it picks out 8 different shades from the gradient that make a perfect palette for shading. Then everything else is up to you. There are thousands of different shading styles, I ended up making up my own shading style that I like to call the sparkle XD

VeronicaChaos said:
JessieWolfe said:

Me too. I wasn't part of a community with dolling, I just trolled DeviantArt looking at them and making my own. Sadly i lost them all when my laptop died in college.

MsDonkey said:
VeronicaChaos said:
JessieWolfe said:

Me too. I wasn't part of a community with dolling, I just trolled DeviantArt looking at them and making my own. Sadly i lost them all when my laptop died in college.

This happened to me too!!!
I had a whole folder of comatose bunny (if you know who that is haha) bases that I frantically downloaded before she took down her site.
And now they are just gone.
A lost piece of amazing doll base history haha
I wish I could find them lol

/this thread is making me want to pixel things, maybe on saturday night when I have some free hours to burn lol

I love seeing the dolls of themselves girls make.

also, pixel art is basically amazing and im terrible at it, haha.

Aww yiss pixel art! I'm a huge fan of 8 bit pixel art and old school gaming art in general. I actually made pixel art of some ACF ladies a few months back! I still haven't gotten around to making one of myself though I'd like to. From top to bottom: Gween, Kaylee, and Vallie

Attachments

• tumblr_nen7y2cSss1u01bfco1_100.png
    tumblr_nen7y2cSss1u01bfco1_100.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 60
  • tumblr_nen7y2cSss1u01bfco3_100.png
    tumblr_nen7y2cSss1u01bfco3_100.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 60
  • tumblr_nen7y2cSss1u01bfco2_100.png
    tumblr_nen7y2cSss1u01bfco2_100.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 60
Divahkiin said:
Aww yiss pixel art! I'm a huge fan of 8 bit pixel art and old school gaming art in general. I actually made pixel art of some ACF ladies a few months back! I still haven't gotten around to making one of myself though I'd like to. From top to bottom: Gween, Kaylee, and Vallie

YAAAAY!! I was so hoping that you would find this thread, you are SO talented! I absolutely love my Pixel Kaylee Faun! :dance: :h:

Status
Not open for further replies.