AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pokemon Go!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@DaddyDominant and @Lintilla I was pretty much the same. I didn't watch the show at all and the card game was more my brother's era. However, after I got into anime and comic book conventions a lot of the cosplayers I met were big into pokemon. (I'd always been a digimon girl) so I grabbed I think... Pokemon Emerald? As my first game. Since then I've been playing all the games. It is pretty addicting.

I think the collecting aspect really speaks to my old school RPGer completionist urges...

And yes, they've announced that in the future there will be trainer vs trainer possibilities and you do fight at the gyms. It is a little strange for those of us that have played pokemon in the past to just throw the ball to catch pokemon but it's the only "fight" unless you're at gyms.

It should be noted though that depending on the CP of the pokemon you're trying to capture you'll need to pay more attention to the little rings when trying to catch them. With a green ring you won't need to do anything special but with a yellow or red ring it'll be a little more difficult and you might have to use more than one ball to catch a pokemon. In that second link I posted it also talks about "curve balls" which can be useful for red level catches. I had to use a curve ball to catch an Arboc last night but it was nice because his starting CP was 147 so it's worth it.

Ugh. The only time I can play this game is in the middle of the night when it's too late to wander around in search of pokemon. During daylight hours, the servers are crashed and busy. Every. Single. Day. >.<

I have been going HARD as there are a fair number of stops at my hospital and a gym. I agree that it doesn't seem finished. While you might be in a more rural area lamenting your lack of gyms... there is no fury like all 3 teams trying to capture a gym and the activity levels making your game glitch constantly. When I was taking it, I heard girls talking about my pokemon and being upset that the battle wouldn't work enough to fight it. When I came back later I would fight down all the defenders just to get the last one down to 1hp and have it become invincible but still having killed all my pokemon. If anyone was playing the gym near me, no go. Only having the option of force quitting after a pokeball freezes, 1hp invincibility or nothing loading really blows.

A tip I don't see being mentioned much (actually read advice to the contrary and was like, uhhh??) is not to keep your highest CP pokemon of that type, but instead to look at their moves and keep them based on that. CP is easy to accomplish. Candies are relatively easy as well. But if you sink all your CP into a pokemon with not great moves, you're the one at a disadvantage if someone has the same stats as you. Because battles are basically mad tapping the screen, It's usually better to go with a better base attack stat with an okay special stat than a pokemon who has a stronger special but a shitty base. Because I'm playing so much, I usually name the one with the best moves with what the attack numbers are (like "10/50") so I can easily remember and compare when deciding which new guys to transfer. You can change their names back any time they aren't in a gym. The moves don't necessarily translate when you evolve them though. I had one with great stats, evolved and had worse stats. Womp womp.

I'm interested to see how team play shakes out since I think most people waiting to log in with their PTC info still can't get in, and a lot of people can only play for such short times thanks to all the server issues. In really popular areas like mine, I can only imagine low level or new players are going to have an awful time trying to close the gap. I'm seeing pretty high Cps, my highest are in the 800-900 range. Reddit is saturated with PTC people being upset that anyone playing right now is less of a fan because they are using google accounts and I want to smack them. I have a PTC acct but I just don't see the superiority in using a log in that no one else can see anyways. They say they're waiting because it was heavily implied there would be integration with sun and moon, but after all the issues if they really end up doing that don't you think the Pokemon Company or Niantic would offer a way to link your google account too? They surely wouldn't punish users for using google log in info when they're using goggle maps to make it work...?

I have a lot to say about go. :giggle:

Found all 8 in my bed last night! :snaphappy::happy:
poke.png

Does anyone know if there is a difference between signing up with a google account VS joining the pokemon trainer club? I'm I going to have to restart my game to get more benefits? I did google account out of lazies. :bag:

Let's see your trainers too everyone!

1.png

If you can't get to a local Pokemon, how can you tell the app? I wanted to tell it that I couldn't reach the one in my neighbors yard, but the interface seriously is not very 1st-time-user-friendly.

The range to cap the pokemon is actually pretty large. If it pops up but is still slightly beyond the circle, it should still activate. Landmarks and gyms, though, you have to be pretty close to.

Also, keep your screen as clean as possible, the slightest smudge at the bottom cam completely fuck your throws. I wasted like 10 pokeballs because of a smudge on my screen trying to catch a zubat, because even though I swiped fast, the pokeball went about an inch in front of me and fell due to lack of momentum.

Aslo... MEME TIME!:

poke2.PNG poke1.jpg poke3.jpg poke4.jpg poke5.jpg

I have been going HARD as there are a fair number of stops at my hospital and a gym. I agree that it doesn't seem finished. While you might be in a more rural area lamenting your lack of gyms... there is no fury like all 3 teams trying to capture a gym and the activity levels making your game glitch constantly. When I was taking it, I heard girls talking about my pokemon and being upset that the battle wouldn't work enough to fight it. When I came back later I would fight down all the defenders just to get the last one down to 1hp and have it become invincible but still having killed all my pokemon. If anyone was playing the gym near me, no go. Only having the option of force quitting after a pokeball freezes, 1hp invincibility or nothing loading really blows.

A tip I don't see being mentioned much (actually read advice to the contrary and was like, uhhh??) is not to keep your highest CP pokemon of that type, but instead to look at their moves and keep them based on that. CP is easy to accomplish. Candies are relatively easy as well. But if you sink all your CP into a pokemon with not great moves, you're the one at a disadvantage if someone has the same stats as you. Because battles are basically mad tapping the screen, It's usually better to go with a better base attack stat with an okay special stat than a pokemon who has a stronger special but a shitty base. Because I'm playing so much, I usually name the one with the best moves with what the attack numbers are (like "10/50") so I can easily remember and compare when deciding which new guys to transfer. You can change their names back any time they aren't in a gym. The moves don't necessarily translate when you evolve them though. I had one with great stats, evolved and had worse stats. Womp womp.

I'm interested to see how team play shakes out since I think most people waiting to log in with their PTC info still can't get in, and a lot of people can only play for such short times thanks to all the server issues. In really popular areas like mine, I can only imagine low level or new players are going to have an awful time trying to close the gap. I'm seeing pretty high Cps, my highest are in the 800-900 range. Reddit is saturated with PTC people being upset that anyone playing right now is less of a fan because they are using google accounts and I want to smack them. I have a PTC acct but I just don't see the superiority in using a log in that no one else can see anyways. They say they're waiting because it was heavily implied there would be integration with sun and moon, but after all the issues if they really end up doing that don't you think the Pokemon Company or Niantic would offer a way to link your google account too? They surely wouldn't punish users for using google log in info when they're using goggle maps to make it work...?

I have a lot to say about go. :giggle:
Must have just been luck for me then, all my high cp catches have had really nice move stats, so I just assumed that cp and stats had something to do with each other. I will have to start paying more attention to that now though.

Almost caught a Ponyta but we were driving and I was out of range after one throw. I'm more disappointed than I feel like I should be considering my status as an adult... Also, was at a little game store (non-franchise so not mentioning which) and found a 224 cp Rattata I was trying to catch when the store owner nabbed it.

I got the Kadabra though... We yelled at each other.

Edit: Not Rattata, Raticate...derp

Last edited:
  • Funny!
Reactions: Pikachai
The BEST are the pink landmarks that attract pokemon for 30 min. So many pokemon man. Also.. so many random people playing there.

After an hour or so I finally made level 5 but my app crashed in the gym during the fight so I could never complete it. Does it happen to anyone else? I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Cutie_Kisses
The BEST are the pink landmarks that attract pokemon for 30 min. So many pokemon man. Also.. so many random people playing there.

After an hour or so I finally made level 5 but my app crashed in the gym during the fight so I could never complete it. Does it happen to anyone else? I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7.
I bought a bunch of the lure modules (the pink things) and made so many friends tonight that way. It was awesome we were all just sitting in one of the prettiest parks in town and everyone was having so much fun.

The gyms are definitely screwy and make a looooot of people's stuff crash, including mine. I have honestly just avoided gyms for now because it is still a ton of fun without playing them.

I bought a bunch of the lure modules (the pink things) and made so many friends tonight that way. It was awesome we were all just sitting in one of the prettiest parks in town and everyone was having so much fun.

The gyms are definitely screwy and make a looooot of people's stuff crash, including mine. I have honestly just avoided gyms for now because it is still a ton of fun without playing them.

What do you mean you buy it? I had no clue! I thought it was a happening, like it happened out of the blue. Now I feel bad about using other people's pink spots without thanking them -_-

What do you mean you buy it? I had no clue! I thought it was a happening, like it happened out of the blue. Now I feel bad about using other people's pink spots without thanking them -_-
You can get them when you level up sometimes or buy them from the pokestore! Someone will set one on a Pokestop and then pokemon basically swarm it for a half an hour and anyone around it can get the pokemon! :D

I wanna see what people currently have and levels! Anyone willing to share?

Also I caught a fucking Dratini IN MY BED. I almost cried, my little kid self got so freaking excited. I love this game :inlove:
image.jpeg

Here is my current line up. I transfer all my duplicates or lame-os. I am *almost* a level 10.

image.png image.png image.png

Found all 8 in my bed last night! :snaphappy::happy:
View attachment 64071

Does anyone know if there is a difference between signing up with a google account VS joining the pokemon trainer club? I'm I going to have to restart my game to get more benefits? I did google account out of lazies. :bag:

Let's see your trainers too everyone!

View attachment 64072

My trainer looks the exact same as your's just with red hair. Haha.

Reactions: Cutie_Kisses
Here's my top Pokemon at the moment. Anyone else finding stupidly powerful Paras in their area? Before I evolved to Parasect my Paras was 170 cp at time of capture.
Screenshot_2016-07-10-13-38-26.png

Reactions: Lexi Emerson
Here's my top Pokemon at the moment. Anyone else finding stupidly powerful Paras in their area? Before I evolved to Parasect my Paras was 170 cp at time of capture.
View attachment 64094
I don't have super powerful paras but I do have a lot of Bellsprouts with randomly high CPs! It's so strange!

Reactions: Mila_
I guess it's based on your location. It would make sense to have one or two pokemon that have higher CPs assigned to each area so that there's more reason to go from one area to another.

Also, for anyone wondering, these little steps:
Screenshot_2016-07-10-15-34-38.png

Are approximately 50 meters each. I did not know this before ruining outside in 105 degree weather to try and catch a Rhyhorn. I caught him but now I have a sunburn

I used a work-around to download it, but there are currently no Pokemans in my house so I guess I'll wait til tomorrow so I can take the dog out and hunt some Pokémon while maintaining the illusion that I am in fact, a fully developed 31 year old man who just so happens to be out with his dog.

All my vanilla job coworkers and I are team mystic and right now we're holding down the nearby gym with 2 flareon, a vaporeon, and my jolteon. Feels pretty bad ass holding down a gym with all the available eeveelutions.

Well holy crap, I just went to open the app again and it doesn't remember that I've already signed in with google before?

I thought this was created by reputable companies, but the app is acting like a turd.
Word of the game spread rapidly the severs were down for quite some time. That's probably why.

I've noticed that I have to sign in again if servers have recently gone down. Also, it's not just you having issues @AmberCutie because it took me a minute to figure out how to catch pokemon the first time. No fights? Just throwing the ball? This is madnesss!

This a quick and funny FAQ I found last night that might help a bit:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/6/12105992/pokemon-go-guide-faq-ios-android
There are flights once you reach a center level you are asked to pick a team. Then you go to poke centers, so far I've only seen them at rest stops and fight other trainers.

I went for Charmander :h:33

But after walking for a couple of blocks I only ever got a Caterpie. I feel like if I want more pokemons I will need to walk quite a bit.

Also, I didn't have to fight Caterpie or Charmander to catch them. Is it like this with every wild pokemon I find or is it just because they are low level? When do you get to actually fight another trainer?
For me the option appeared at level five I believe.

Reddit is saturated with PTC people being upset that anyone playing right now is less of a fan because they are using google accounts and I want to smack them.

I was actually wondering if there was a difference. I couldn't sign in with PTC because of server issues, and now I'm wondering if I'm going to have to start all over again...? Thoughts?

Also, was at a little game store (non-franchise so not mentioning which) and found a 224 cp Rattata I was trying to catch when the store owner nabbed it.

You can steal them?! My friends and I go walking around together and both catch the same Pokémon. We tell each other when we find one and then both catch them. Humph? Maybe I'm missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.