AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pokemon Go!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's such a smart business move. Now, if I could set a lure in my cam room... :nerd:

Lures would be dope, but might not be good for business since everyone will be head down on their phone spinning pokestops and farming pokemon. ;)

Depending on how they implement trading in the future (whether it can be from afar through username or if it's only localized like gym battles), setting up a pokemon-go night might be able to work on cam. If they allow it by username, people could tip to get on a cam-ladies pokemon-go friends list and being interactive with the room with trades. If you have a rare pokemon not found in other places, you could start a bid/auction for it!

But even if those ventures don't catch on with cam-watchers, at the very least having a room chatting about their daily walks, egg hatching, and what pokemon they caught that day would be dope.

sidenote: everyone enjoy the first levels and don't rush through it too fast. Once you get to like level 20 and once local gyms are at > 8 prestige, the game pace really slows down and gets super grindy. :dead:

The ice cream man in my neighborhood has stopped driving around. He parks right next to the playground in range of the pokestop and drops a lure. Combine New Mexico heat with everyone trying to catch pokemon/farm the pokestop and he's usually sold out by 2pm. That's with him starting around noon.

Food trucks and the like, need to get on this!

ETA: a lot of my regs are already asking about my eggs every day and updating me on theirs. And I have a running challenge to catch pokemon on me while I'm on cam

So i just downloaded the app and but i'm stuck on the tutorial screen(?). It's the initial screen where my character are surrounded by three "test" pokemon and it says "catch a pokemon" on the top. I'm literally walking around the area but my character doesn't move. What am i doing wrong?

So i just downloaded the app and but i'm stuck on the tutorial screen(?). It's the initial screen where my character are surrounded by three "test" pokemon and it says "catch a pokemon" on the top. I'm literally walking around the area but my character doesn't move. What am i doing wrong?
In the very first screen, you click on which Pokemon you want to start with, you don't have to walk for it.

For those who are finding Pokemans in their house do you actively have to be "playing" the game or will you get a push notification to let you know there's a Pokémon in your house?

Yup!

I am here to shamelessly brag about my Pokemon.

Holy moly! How often do you play?! That's impressive.

so, lets say 4 people are out in the park, and a pokemon shows up on your phone, are you the only one that can catch it?

If it's a common pokemon then yes, but rare ones you'll have to fight over. Rares will also disappear on their own!

Just wanted to suggest Charity Miles to you guys.

LOVE THIS, SPREADING THE NEWS!

There is also Walk For A Dog that donate to the dog rescue / shelter of your choice!

YAYYY! REPOSTING EVERYWHERE!

Hey does anyone know if you can trade pokemon with other people?

Not yet.

Not everyone is happy though... US Holocaust museum asks Pokemon Go players to stop...

I do feel it's pretty disrespectful that cemeteries are full of pokestops and gyms. :sour:

And so it begins...

Cops Called, Eggs Thrown At Hundreds OfPokémon Go Players In Sydney

Remember how cool Australia was when Pokémon Go launched? What’s been happening in the Sydney suburb of Rhodes this week has been a little less pleasant.

Some background: Rhodes is a suburb with a ton of high-density apartments, all clustered around the waterfront and a big IKEA/shopping mall.

When Pokémon Go was released last week, a combination of the high population density and a number of Pokestops in the suburb’s Peg Paterson Park meant that it was one of the best (and most popular) places in all of Sydney to catch some pocket monsters.

Massive crowds, sometimes peaking at over 1000 people, have flocked to the park, often late at night, and after a few evenings of this noise and bustle the residents of the apartment buildings overlooking the action have had enough.

On Tuesday night, things came to a head. Buzzfeed reports that at some residents—reacting to the “complete chaos” and “massive levels of noise”—started throwing waterbombs and eggs at the crowd.

The police then turned up, issuing tickets to illegally-parked cars just outside, then warning the crowd that they’d have to disperse or face AUD$200 fines.

Which is maybe understandable! Yes, it’s a public park, but considering its location (surrounded by apartments) and the number of players involved that’s a lot of noise being made and a lot of people being kept up in the middle of the night.

To maybe help chill things out, last night someone was there handing out drinks and sausage sandwiches (Australians love some sausage-in-bread), while Sydney’s Pokémon Go Facebook group is doing a good job of policing some of the fallout.

kgphxb53wlbza1sa3lg2.jpg

The park is of course still open to players in more civilised hours. Indeed, the local deputy mayor says that extra rangers and waste collectors have been assigned to cope with the hotspot.

“The new game provides a wonderful opportunity for people to enjoy the parks, foreshore and other open areas around the City of Canada Bay in a fun, interactive way but we ask people to do this in a safe, considerate manner,” she told the Sydney Morning Herald.

“When playing Pokémon Go, we ask that people do this with consideration to where they are: in residential areas, keep noise levels to a minimum and bin any rubbish.”

Three questions:

1. Any tips for throwing curve balls? (spin pokeball until you see stars - then throw) I can't do it to save my life.
2. Do you think it's more important to keep pokemon based on high CP, or high special points? And why?
3. Should you try and keep all forms of each pokemon? Or is it better to trade them all in for candy to help evolve them?

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
1 only skill I still cant do it..
2 it based where on the curve. say you have 2 ratatata that is 50 cp and 1 is high on the curve and the other lower keep the one with the 50cp that is lower on the curve.
3 this just what you want to do I turn them in for candy if the above applies.

Anyone getting the 'cannot see phone orientation - turn AR off now' notification? My oriemtation is set to portrait and still can't see pokemon in the real world!
Some phones just don't work with the AR right now because they don't have built in gyroscopes. From what I've heard they are trying to fix it, but it could be a while.

Three questions:

1. Any tips for throwing curve balls? (spin pokeball until you see stars - then throw) I can't do it to save my life.
2. Do you think it's more important to keep pokemon based on high CP, or high special points? And why?
3. Should you try and keep all forms of each pokemon? Or is it better to trade them all in for candy to help evolve them?

The most important thing for me is the moves. If I have 2 of the same pokemon I will trade he higher CP if his moves are worse than the lower one. If the difference is too much or if I am planning on evolving it I will keep the higher CP because moves change when you evolve it and CP gets a super boost.

The curveball is tricky to get the hang of, the hubs does it exclusively but I can't get the hang of it. Loving this game so much, we spent several hours at a bar yesterday in reach of 3 pokestops and kept dropping lures on them. So neat! We definitely got some weird looks as we were also playing D&D though lmao

Adding this for those that are new to pokemon and might not know how different types interact for battles and such! If you've noticed your higher CP pokemon getting trashed in gyms this might be why:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vg...type-strengths-and-weaknesses-explained/amp/#

I'm also just so happy to see so many people that have never played before really getting into the game and enjoying themselves

I am basically just farming eevees kind of on accident and evolving them nonstop. I am at 6 so far plus a bunch of eevee candy I haven't used. My house is full of them. It makes me feel better about not driving and only being able to get downtown (near the good Pokemon here) once every couple days. :haha:

image.png

I am basically just farming eevees kind of on accident and evolving them nonstop. I am at 6 so far plus a bunch of eevee candy I haven't used. My house is full of them. It makes me feel better about not driving and only being able to get downtown (near the good Pokemon here) once every couple days. :haha:

View attachment 64256

You got Laprasssss I am so so jealous.

I have a video recorder for my Android phone, now. I'm making a video of Poikemon Go from the perspective of someone who was never a real fan of the series with it. I'll be heading to the Revolutionary War battlefield today to get more footage, since I did it at night last night and it was better to have the AR off. Went to a pier in a town about 15 mins away and there had to be close to 70 people there... but most of them were sitting around in range of 3 pokestops and not moving around. The 4th stop you had to walk about 30 yards to get to.... I was walking around the whole time (not easy since my foot hasn't completely healed from surgery, yet). I'm now level 8.

Reactions: Cutie_Kisses
EEVEEOLUTION ALERT:

I just ran into this on Imgur. The comments seem to verify that it works!
View attachment 64258
This works, if anyone had doubts. Mr. Knight got a jolteon that way last night, once I have enough Eevee candies I'm gonna try it for a vaporeon, it's the only eeveelution I still need.

Question for you guys!

Do you think it is cheating or wrong to "steal" a gym? When someone or a group of people work down a gym and you place your pokemon as soon as it goes neutral before they can. I have done this a few times (I have a knack for noticing at the right time) and had it happen to me as well, but it almost always ends in the original party winning because a rep from both teams basically has to be present to keep owning the gym. Unless you're dropping by as a super powerful group it's pretty hard to do this and just keep the gym with no fight back. Because of this and because the original team still got XP from training, I view it more as a strategy. I think that's just the cut-throat world that is pokemon (and like most social games, really...) and so when I gear up to take a gym, I make sure the poke I'm placing is ready right away. If you are the one to take the gym to neutral, you definitely have the first chance to place it unless your poke isn't ready or your game crashes (no one's fault).

Thoughts? I had someone on my local Mystic group warn everyone against doing this because it wasn't "nice/respectful" but it just sounded kinda butthurt to me. If a Valor left their gym open I'd want to take it, just like if they had actually placed their pokemon--- I'd still want to take it. He eventually admitted to me that he cared about not paying for coins, at which point I exited the conversation for like 20 billion reasons and simply gave advice where easy gyms were located. It's okay if you do consider it cheating, just want to know thoughts from elsewhere. I wouldn't go easy on a gym or opponent in any other pokemon game so I personally don't care to start now.

PS my only 10k egg (and I am lvl 21 right now) was an eevee and it was maddening. My eevee are not as common as Lexi's, but I do have really 2 strong vaporeons and 2 really strong flareons, so I'm pretty over it. Gonna try that naming trick for a dope jolteon... But I wish I could get another fucking 10k egg. Ultra balls come at lvl 20, for anyone who doesn't know. They rock. But then your really common avg pokemon become unbearable to catch with a regular pokeball.

Question for you guys!

Do you think it is cheating or wrong to "steal" a gym? When someone or a group of people work down a gym and you place your pokemon as soon as it goes neutral before they can. I have done this a few times (I have a knack for noticing at the right time) and had it happen to me as well, but it almost always ends in the original party winning because a rep from both teams basically has to be present to keep owning the gym. Unless you're dropping by as a super powerful group it's pretty hard to do this and just keep the gym with no fight back. Because of this and because the original team still got XP from training, I view it more as a strategy. I think that's just the cut-throat world that is pokemon (and like most social games, really...) and so when I gear up to take a gym, I make sure the poke I'm placing is ready right away. If you are the one to take the gym to neutral, you definitely have the first chance to place it unless your poke isn't ready or your game crashes (no one's fault).

Thoughts? I had someone on my local Mystic group warn everyone against doing this because it wasn't "nice/respectful" but it just sounded kinda butthurt to me. If a Valor left their gym open I'd want to take it, just like if they had actually placed their pokemon--- I'd still want to take it. He eventually admitted to me that he cared about not paying for coins, at which point I exited the conversation for like 20 billion reasons and simply gave advice where easy gyms were located. It's okay if you do consider it cheating, just want to know thoughts from elsewhere. I wouldn't go easy on a gym or opponent in any other pokemon game so I personally don't care to start now.

PS my only 10k egg (and I am lvl 21 right now) was an eevee and it was maddening. My eevee are not as common as Lexi's, but I do have really 2 strong vaporeons and 2 really strong flareons, so I'm pretty over it. Gonna try that naming trick for a dope jolteon... But I wish I could get another fucking 10k egg. Ultra balls come at lvl 20, for anyone who doesn't know. They rock. But then your really common avg pokemon become unbearable to catch with a regular pokeball.

I don't really consider it cheating, it's more annoying than anything else if you've spent a good chunk of time taking a gym down. Its pretty cool though if it happens with someone from the same team and their pokemon is was stronger than any I have.

I am pretty much over pokemon now :( Sad to say it.

I am level 21, the pokemon I am missing are evolutions of pokemon I already have but they happen to be too rare in my area and I am too far from making those happen to work toward that goal (still need 300 candy for Gyarados and have been trying from the start for example). Doesn't help that after spending days upon days looking everywhere for slowpokes for the candy to evolve a slowbro, and after finally evolving it you happen to stumble upon a slowbro in the wild, higher CP and better moves than the one you evolved. Makes you feel stupid having gone through all the trouble to evolve it.

Gyms are stupid and pointless when you play solo. Spend an hour of your time taking down a gym with 5 pokemon and when you finally make it you gain nothing other than putting your own critter up there for exactly 20 minutes. No matter how good your critter is it will be replaced quickly by another group of 6 pokemon simply because people are playing this game in parties now. I stand no chance playing solo and unlike previous games I don't even get anything for taking down a gym: no trophies, no experience, no rewards of any kind except maybe one more stupid medal you get every time you give a step in any direction.

I wish this game was better but it just isn't. After the initial rush and excitement of seeing pokemon floating in your living room there is not much for me to do anymore. I already exhausted the game 3 days after installing it. I don't suffer from ADHD either, I have been playing Hearthstone every day for 2 years and I still love the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.