AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Poll: Do you have a Mastodon account? If no, why not?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Do you have a Mastodon account? If no, why not?

• Yes - I've added a Mastodon account to my contact methods. (Yay!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - I run my own Mastodon server. (Salute!)

• No - Not Mastodon, but I have other Fediverse accounts.

• No - I don't have time to engage/advertise on more social media accounts.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spikyhaired

V.I.P. AmberLander
Apr 17, 2011
Note: The poll is set to display your votes publicly. Vote for as many choices as applicable.

Hi, All,

I've *thoughts* about for-profit, "user is the product", social media. But I won't bother you with them here. :whew: 😜

As you can see from the poll below, I'm curious if you have a Mastodon (or other Fediverse) account, in addition to your other social media accounts. If you haven't added a Mastodon account to your suite of contact methods, I'm curious if there are specific reasons which, if addressed, might make Mastodon more appealing to you.

FYI - Part of what prompted this poll was the discussion in the prior thread: If Twitter Implodes

Thanks,
SpikyHaired

Reactions: AmberCutie
Thanks in advance for all who want to vote and comment.

I didn't want to clutter the poll post, so I added this afterward.

I'm really liking Mastodon. As a non-model who doesn't use social media as part of my professional life, it has been great to add it. Since adding a Mastodon account, I spend a lot more time on Mastodon than I do on Twitter (my primary social media before the purchase by Musk). I still have my Twitter, and I still use it to check on a few specific people/accounts that haven't fully switched. However, I've stopped doomscrolling on Twitter. I get on, check for updates from those key people, then get off. If I want to randomly browse my feed, that happens on Mastodon.

BTW - I'm not advocating for people to "dump Twitter" or "switch" cold turkey. Even if people are interested, any kind of change for a professional is likely to be about adding Mastodon, and then using both Twitter and Mastodon, at least for some period of time.

I'd love to see more people using (adding) Mastodon. With use and comfort, I think people will see its benefits and weaknesses. From there, I think cam models (and other marginalized communities) can determine how it can help them be more in control of their own social media destinies.

Hugs,
SpikyHaired

Status
Not open for further replies.