AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Twitters algorithm 2019, interesting facts to help you do better!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2019
I do social media marketing so Twitter is one of the platforms that I have to address on a daily basis to find out what works best and I have some insight into the algorithm and am willing to answer any questions you might have on the platform as well as provide a couple resources for you to use.

First off Twitter was the late one to the party in terms of social media finally switching to an algorithm based feed vs most recent, this is a new change for twitter and while you can pick between the two by simply unchecking the box that says “Show the Best Tweets First.” in your settings not all users are going to do this so you still have to be aware of how the algorithm factors in what is shown.

Twitters algorithm focuses on engagement in BOTH how many people engage you AND how you engage others, this is one of the big factors that I will talk a little latter about which a lot of people are missing.

The tracking in regards to how people engage you is determined by how many retweets your getting, how many people comment on your tweets (this includes when you are commenting on other peoples tweet, so if you make a comment on someone elses tweet that gets liked and replied to this actually increases twitters likelyhood of sharing your content on others feeds!) and also how many likes and clicks your getting.

Varying your content type helps, while its true that you get more engagement from videos than you do from photos, and you get more engagement from photos than text only... if you start only posting videos your content going to be devalued by the algorithm but not only that, your followers are going to find your content stale when you just repeat the same thing over.

(Easy read and extremely helpful) There is a really useful PDF here that shows you how you can make 64 different types of content to switch things up and make your content more engaging. I highly suggest you check it out!

Timing is everything, the average visibility of a tweet is 20mins, after you have posted something in 20mins you should know if it was a good tweet or not by its engagement, so when you post is a big factor to who well it does. Most surveys will say that the two prime times to post is 9AM and 3PM in your timezone, now with most models their network of followers is not in their timezone so this information is useless for them, instead you need to check your current following

https://analytics.twitter.com and look to see which times they are online most and work with that instead.

When I talked about twitter also rating how you engage others it is actually looking if you are acting like a normal user vs a business, businesses that are just putting out their message and not engaging others is actually going to be penalized because basically its only one sided and twitter doesn't support that, this is why you have been seeing major brands start tweeting to other brands and people and commenting on their post.. its because those brands need to act like normal users in order to game the algorithm in their favor.

The balance that I have found to work best is:

1 tweet
2 comments on someone's tweet (Ideally one you know you can get them or others to reply to)
5 retweets (Ideally with comment that you think you can get people to talk about or like)

Trending tweets are there for a reason and some of the ones that are shown are catered to you, make sure you are checking out what is trending and see if you can spin it into something about you or your thoughts.

Speaking of trends, TikTok is making a huge boom for influencers (you) and even businesses are seeing how effective it is right now, it may be worth your time to jump on this wave early as people are really gaining a following on this platform and it is really easy to make content on TikTok and post it to your twitter, a simple dance to some music is getting thousands of views and likes.

Scheduling posts, some people may think it is daunting to make content on these networks but I actually always have two weeks planned at any given time, every sunday I am making a new weeks worth of content to be released in two weeks, twitters built in tweetdeck can help you on twitter and its free, but there are tools out there to help with scheduling post across all platforms you are on. While Hootsuite, Buffer, MeetEdgar, are some of the more well known ones, they generally require you to pay monthly for their services and if you start using them and stop then you lose access to everything you been working on in them. There are lesser known social schedulers which actually take part in lifetime deals to increase their userbase, the two that I am aware of Socialbee and SociaMonials both where featured on AppSumo which if you are not aware of this site then you are missing out as they offer tons of lifetime subscriptions to many different up and coming software packages and most of them are like $49 to have the product for the rest of your life.

Hope this helps if you have any questions I would be more then willing to answer them.

Status
Not open for further replies.