AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Posting GIFs on MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mm19gmdJQB1ravrjho1_400.gif

How do I post this in my MFC room? My members do it all the time and I want to too but I can't seem to figure it out.

http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/php/user_chat_images.php

I don't know what the model interface looks like, but for members, it's a button next to "Send" in the chat.

You can choose to insert it one time or make a shortcut to share it multiple times (though there might be a delay for it to be accepted? I don't know, I've never used that function)

Though that gif may be big to use it in the chat?
Since it's from Tumblr, you could use the 250px wide version:
tumblr_mm19gmdJQB1ravrjho1_250.gif

Or the 100 px wide one:
tumblr_mm19gmdJQB1ravrjho1_100.gif

As a model, we don't have access from our model broadcaster to the emote archive (unless I've somehow missed this, which I HOPE is true because it's stupid that we don't). Members have a whole huge library of emotes where they can see the pictures and gifs and click on it to post it. They can also submit images to be in the library.

Each image has a name, to post it in the chat you just have to remember its name. All you have to do is put a colon in front of the word and then hit enter. (ex, :buttslap :sexydance :highfive3 ) I have no idea what images those actually go to.

So if there are images that you like you can always submit them on your premium account (users can see who submitted an image, so remember that if you're worried about revealing your perv account). I remember most of my favorites but I have some written down because my regulars have really come to love making gifs and emotes of me and submitting them. I suppose you could always have a premium account open in another window and scroll through emotes that way too though I'm not sure if there are other complications that come with that.

You can also get the URL of images that you like and just copy paste it into your message bar, once you post it in chat it will turn into the picture/gif. Careful though, make sure you get the right URL or else you might end up posting a stream of random junk into your chat! Check it in your message bar first!

Emotes are fun! When I first started I wondered how models could remember their favorites with all of the activity going on, but once you get used to it, it's really easy to remember the ones you like a lot. Enjoy! :-D

Reactions: Angel_evilone
JerryBoBerry said:
KayleePond said:
As a model, we don't have access from our model broadcaster to the emote archive (unless I've somehow missed this, which I HOPE is true because it's stupid that we don't). Members have a whole huge library of emotes where they can see the pictures and gifs and click on it to post it. They can also submit images to be in the library.

Now you do. Bookmark this.
http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/php/...ow_name=105858179&cache_id=0.7539438805542886

Thank you, I saved it and will try it out tonight!!

Reactions: KayleePond
Just a couple extra things:

Don't be afraid to use the full sized gif--MFC will automatically shrink it down to the maximum height allowed in chat (I think it's 50px)--so there's no real point resizing it yourself. Users will be able to click on the small image and see the original full sized image this way--a feature that becomes disappointing when one finds out that the gif is actually just really small and hard to see. :lol: The image size limit is 2MB I think, and your gif is 1.8MB, so you're good to go.

Also, keep in mind that MFC usually takes up to 24 hours to approve new gifs--which can be super disheartening/annoying when you are trying to post something new and exciting... but it gets a little less sad if you know this going in... :crybaby:

• Helpful!
Reactions: Bellatrix Bandit

Attachments

• Screenshot - 12_2_2014 , 8_22_54 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 12_2_2014 , 8_22_54 PM.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: UR_Dragoness
UR_Dragoness said:
OK Thank you! I am trying to add a 5 minute timer for my room and can't figure it out
If you find out the code, maybe ask a member in the room if they know it, you can just manually type it into the room. type :5min (I'm guessing but I'm pretty sure that is the actual code.

JoleneBrody said:
UR_Dragoness said:
OK Thank you! I am trying to add a 5 minute timer for my room and can't figure it out
If you find out the code, maybe ask a member in the room if they know it, you can just manually type it into the room. type :5min (I'm guessing but I'm pretty sure that is the actual code.

:5mintimer

1NFtCGw.gif

gifs used to sync up in my browser and can keep things like that from working right. Everytime someone posted it the gif would reset at 5.

UR_Dragoness said:
Keep in mind some of the limitations of those gif timers. They are loaded fresh for someone entering your room. So the time won't be the same for everyone. If you post it and two minutes has past it will read 3 minutes for you. But someone coming in then it will read from the start of it at 5 minutes.

Also if you want to start it over halfway through and post it again, it will still read the same halfway time for everyone because it's already in their cache. You'll have to post a different gif to do that.

Good alternatives are to just use a timer app on your phone or if you use manycams i've seen some models put a clock on the screen using that.

Otherwise here's a bunch to play with.
:10mintimer
:10mintimerrev
:10sectimer
:15mintimer
:1mintimer
:1sectimer
:20mintimer
:2min
:30sectimer
:3min
:3mintimer
:4mintimer
:5mintimer
:7mintimer
:fivemin
onemin (this should have a colon in front but ACF forum turns that into this :eek:nemin haha)
:tenmin
:time9

Status
Not open for further replies.