AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Primetime TV & Murderous Glorification

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefish

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Mar 26, 2010
Usually somewhere between flippant and glib.
Anyone that knows me, knows I'm not exactly the sensitive type when it comes to violence on TV or anywhere else for that matter.

HOWEVER, I just watched a prime time tv episode of Law & Order SVU where there was the rape and torture of a minor and several previous murders by the psychopath with the show ending in a fairly intense version of Russian Roulette with another minor in the scene.

There is also the prime time tv show called "The Following" where another psychopath is basically worshipped for his cult-like manipulative talents convincing others to kill for him and the sheer gratification of it.

And yet another psychopathic prime time tv show about the infamous gruesome Hannibal, the cannibal.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that type of content is going way too far for prime time tv and much better suited for R rated adult movies.

:twocents-02cents:

Bocefish said:
Anyone that knows me, knows I'm not exactly the sensitive type when it comes to violence on TV or anywhere else for that matter.

HOWEVER, I just watched a prime time tv episode of Law & Order SVU where there was the rape and torture of a minor and several previous murders by the psychopath with the show ending in a fairly intense version of Russian Roulette with another minor in the scene.

There is also the prime time tv show called "The Following" where another psychopath is basically worshipped for his cult-like manipulative talents convincing others to kill for him and the sheer gratification of it.

And yet another psychopathic prime time tv show about the infamous gruesome Hannibal, the cannibal.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that type of content is going way too far for prime time tv and much better suited for R rated adult movies.

As long as they don't show tits it's okay. God forbid there be naked people on tv. :think: Naked people being cut open is okay however.

I'd definitely have to agree on this. It's all fine and dandy when people are slaughtering each other, but consensual sex between adults is just too much. :roll: :woops: I'd much rather have my kiddo see a sex scene between consenting adults than violence.

Bocefish said:

Is the problem you're having just the violence or the way the violence is presented?
"The Following" seems to me much worse for example because the violence is grounded in reality (even though none of the characters are). It's just another exploitative serial killer show.

The deaths in "Hannibal" on the other hand are so over the top a lot of the time (e.g. stuff like totem poles out of bodies) that it's more like a dark fantasy.

I echo the ridiculous nudity sentiment however.

Bocefish said:

Yes, we should be condemning the Murder Culture™ more vehemently.

/s

semi said:
Is the problem you're having just the violence or the way the violence is presented?
"The Following" seems to me much worse for example because the violence is grounded in reality (even though none of the characters are). It's just another exploitative serial killer show.

Yes, The Following is the worst in my opinion and what first stirred my feelings about how TV has gotten so much worse lately. It's the way they portray how good everybody feels after murdering some random person that concerns me most. We certainly don't need any such ideas being implanted into unstable individuals that may be watching or teetering on the fence of doing something . There's all ready plenty of nutjobs out there that don't need any possible added inspiration to act on their dark thoughts.

If y'all had kept watching Little House on the Prairie and Love Boat, there wouldn't be any of this on prime time TV. Y'all had to go watch that HBO and this is the result.

Sevrin said:
If y'all had kept watching Little House on the Prairie and Love Boat, there wouldn't be any of this on prime time TV. Y'all had to go watch that HBO and this is the result.

I dunno man...Love Boat...I know I felt like killing someone after watching that show...an hour of my life gone.
I mean Capt. Merle Stubbing...that guy was WAY to happy and white!

Julie got booted off the show because she was a coke addict. (its true look it up)

I mean if you were on that show...wouldn't you do a mountain of blow to get through the day? :lol:

:character-hobbes:

Reactions: AshleyFox
Sevrin said:

I'm gonna assume you never watched much Little House. That shit's fucking brutal. People die ugly or get maimed constantly out there in Walnut Grove.

My favorite episode is a tragic two-part tale of orphan Albert's first love -- poor, wretched Sylvia.

JerryBoBerry said:
As long as they don't show tits it's okay. God forbid there be naked people on tv. :think: Naked people being cut open is okay however.

Reminds me of the recent story of censorship of that flayed couple on Hannibal. American media has some weird body issues.

LacieLaPlante said:
I love the murder. Bring it on.

No really though, aren't there too many people in this world already? It's a pretty horrible thought, but why are we doing so much to preserve the people when we're just becoming over-crowded..

Though I agree with you to a point, I think natural deaths like disease or not giving aid to people who live in inhabitable areas is a better way to deal with over crowding than promoting murder. There's a difference between allowing people to die who naturally would die and actually murdering perfectly healthy people.

With the no sex scenes on tv... They also don't allow swearing. Boobs and swearing are not acceptable. Murder and gore clearly is.

I think violence to a point is ok, reason being, children are already violent by nature, that part of them has already developed. The part that isn't ready to develop yet is the sexual side. It's one thing having kids play out sword fights with each other and another to try and play out sex scenes with each other. As a child I didn't blink an eye at various acts of violence, but this one scene in a film where a woman jumped out of a cake in her underwear was enough for me and my brother to show all of our friends when they came over. I don't think it was that we never saw anyone wearing so little, it was the sexuality of the act.

There is a difference though between battles, sword fights and those sorts of violent acts and murderous acts. The sort of thing Boce is describing I don't think should be seen by children.

Isabella_deL said:
There is a difference though between battles, sword fights and those sorts of violent acts and murderous acts. The sort of thing Boce is describing I don't think should be seen by children.
Do you think it would be okay to show people who don't look like you starving to death?

LacieLaPlante said:

No really though, aren't there too many people in this world already? It's a pretty horrible thought, but why are we doing so much to preserve the people when we're just becoming over-crowded..

We have a little room left. It's more about how we use the remaining land to support us. The efficiency of that is the potential killer.

Attachments

• the-worlds-population-concentrated-small (1).png
    the-worlds-population-concentrated-small (1).png
    164.7 KB · Views: 98
LacieLaPlante said:

Are you including yourself in that broad brush when you say we shouldn't do so much to preserve "the people?"

Please clarify.

Bocefish said:
LacieLaPlante said:

Are you including yourself in that broad brush when you say we shouldn't do so much to preserve "the people?"

Please clarify.

Go ahead, honestly. I haven't found a meaning to life further than to be a fellow ant. I enjoy it thoroughly, but I don't see myself as a giant contributor other than some enjoyment in other ant lives. Why wouldn't I include myself?

Morbid =P but, my feelings regardless.

Reactions: PepperoniPiz
LacieLaPlante said:
I haven't found a meaning to life further than to be a fellow ant.
I think people like you and I have that "parental instinct" missing in us. I have no desire to ever have kids, and because of that, I feel the same way in a lot of ways.

Although I do want to preserve the lives of my family, and those close to me. Like anyone else would. So I dunno... it's a weird life.

"He was told he must first spend five years in contemplation. After the five years, he was ushered into the Dalai Lama's presence, who said, 'Well, my son, what do you wish to know?' So the pilgrim said, 'I wish to know the meaning of life, father.'

"And the Dalai Lama smiled and said, 'Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?'"

--Procol Harum In Held 'Twas In I

Status
Not open for further replies.