AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Privacy Concerns

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SexiNerdiLexi

Inactive Cam Model
Feb 8, 2017
Twitter Username
@SexiNerdiLexi
Tumblr Username
SexiNerdiLexi
Chaturbate Username
SexiNerdiLexi
Hiya!

So I recently starting camming and joined this forum, and I'm just having some privacy concerns about my 'kinkiness' and camming, as someone recently found me on Fetlife (a website so I can meet fellow BDSM people in my area) who had apparently been watching my cams. So I don't want this to happen just for me and my partners safety. So I've done some proactive things already, I've changed my name on there so it no longer has Lexi in it because that was wayy too obvious - I mean, it's my name, but safety, yo - and I changed my location on CB to the US. I think also getting a VPN might be a good idea, so if you guys know of anyone good ones that are free or cheap it is very much appreciated!

Do you guys think I should do anything else so I can protect my partner and I's privacy? Any and all suggestions are very much appreciated! :)

Hiya!

So I recently starting camming and joined this forum, and I'm just having some privacy concerns about my 'kinkiness' and camming, as someone recently found me on Fetlife (a website so I can meet fellow BDSM people in my area) who had apparently been watching my cams. So I don't want this to happen just for me and my partners safety. So I've done some proactive things already, I've changed my name on there so it no longer has Lexi in it because that was wayy too obvious - I mean, it's my name, but safety, yo - and I changed my location on CB to the US. I think also getting a VPN might be a good idea, so if you guys know of anyone good ones that are free or cheap it is very much appreciated!

Do you guys think I should do anything else so I can protect my partner and I's privacy? Any and all suggestions are very much appreciated! :)

Thanks Guy, I'll def look into it! I'm seeing lots of VPN's based on OpenVPN and I was confused at first because I was under the impression that OpenVPN could work by itself, so do you need another program such as AirVPN for it to work?

Thanks Guy, I'll def look into it! I'm seeing lots of VPN's based on OpenVPN and I was confused at first because I was under the impression that OpenVPN could work by itself, so do you need another program such as AirVPN for it to work?
OpenVPN is built into AirVPN's PC and Mac apps.

• Helpful!
Reactions: uncoveredmanhole
He won't have found you just because of one name, so work out how he found you. Are you using the same photos on fet as for camming? Same registration email?

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Better to ask in the models only section?
Otherwise we might give people ideas on how to better stalk :bag:

Well, I think they have plenty of ammo in their kit. I never even considered a model using a VPN, it's an interesting take. First impression is either way it ends up the same - someone reposts out of band.

OpenVPN is a standard for establishing a connection. Similar to SSL/TLS for establishing a https connection you use for banking or shopping. To have a secure http connection (https) the remote server needs to do a key exchange to set up a private connection. OpenVPN is the same, you're nowhere without a remote server to connect to. This requires a paid service for a VPN provider.

Simplified, always unique techniques.

Better to ask in the models only section?

Otherwise we might give people ideas on how to better stalk :bag:

That is encouraged. The more ways shared by all, the better they're able to take steps to prevent it. The forum already has a 15 page thread on ways to stalk people on the internet. Anything that comes up in this thread is most likely just going to be redundant and not much of a surprise to anyone.

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/how-to-stalk-people-on-the-internet.5764/
The purpose of this thread is to document in specific detail all the techniques that a stalker might use to find a cam model. This is not to educate would-be-stalkers, but rather to educate cam girls as to how to protect themselves from said techniques.

Seconded the question of if you used pictures from your camming profile/twitter. I've seen a few girls make that mistake.

That is encouraged. The more ways shared by all, the better they're able to take steps to prevent it. The forum already has a 15 page thread on ways to stalk people on the internet. Anything that comes up in this thread is most likely just going to be redundant and not much of a surprise to anyone.

Well I've been on here for years and I didn't know about that thread :p

I personally feel like that stuff should be kept to the models only section

Well I've been on here for years and I didn't know about that thread :p

I personally feel like that stuff should be kept to the models only section
There are a ton of people who either don't qualify for the MO areas or do not prefer to verify, and I think having information here for all is important.

People who want to stalk already know how to fucking stalk, or know where to go to find more detailed information of such.

Let's not all pussyfoot around, here.

There are a ton of people who either don't qualify for the MO areas or do not prefer to verify, and I think having information here for all is important.

People who want to stalk already know how to fucking stalk, or know where to go to find more detailed information of such.

Let's not all pussyfoot around, here.

I can understand the view point the information is out there anyway, so displaying it here in a place it will benefit models is sensible

I thought the models section existed on here to discuss more sensitive things, I didn't realise there was a significant amount of models that are unhappy to sign up.

I think you give people too much credit though, lots of bumbling would be stalkers

I mean, I'm well aware of the risks of camming and being exposed and I've accepted those risks. I'm not worried about myself, I'm worried about my partner as they don't know self defense as well as I do, and if they can find me on fet they can find my partner. My partner actually asked the guy who was my fan (he was very polite, even if we were a bit freaked out) how he found us and he said he just typed in Lexi and recgonized my photos, so I realize my mistake there. I should take more nudes just for my cam 'persona' and not post those ones on my fet.

Also I don't prefer not to verify! I just have to stop being lazy and take the verification picture lol, gotta get on that.

Thank you for help everyone :h:

Also I don't prefer not to verify!
Nah wasn't aiming that comment at you, just generally at the fit some people throw about posting everything in the models only section instead of out here. :)

So I've done some proactive things already, I've changed my name on there so it no longer has Lexi in it because that was wayy too obvious - I mean, it's my name, but safety, yo - and I changed my location on CB to the US.

Wait, are you saying Lexi is your REAL name? Or just that you used your cam name as your Fetlife username too, which is linked to all your real-life stuff?

Wait, are you saying Lexi is your REAL name? Or just that you used your cam name as your Fetlife username too, which is linked to all your real-life stuff?
was just thinking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.