AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

privacy issue? real name used in chat.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harleylynn

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 5, 2016
egg, maine
www.streamate.com
Tumblr Username
backseatblowjobb
Streamate Username
Princess_Lucy
while i was broadcasting today, someone on my public chat knew who i was, and said my real name in the chat, and im pretty nervous about whats to happen.

any tips?

Been in two other models rooms when this happened to them. Both times, pretty sure the only reason was to make them nervous about what was going to happen.

Do you have any idea who the person was? An IRL person you may know?

If you have no idea who it is, check everything and make sure you didn't make a mistake somewhere that links identities. Amazon wishlist, photos used between your personal accounts and cam stuff, phone number posted on something, check everything. Lock everything down tight. Seriously, when this happens sometimes girls realize they made a simple mistake in putting too much info on something. Check and double check all your stuff.

If it happens again, the best way to handle it while online is simply ignore it. Don't freak out, don't acknowledge it in anyway. Update your topic or type to some people to get it off the screen and just keep rolling with it. Usually if you ignore it, other people will, too.

Sorry that happened, it's so scary when it does!

Do you have any idea who the person was? An IRL person you may know?

If you have no idea who it is, check everything and make sure you didn't make a mistake somewhere that links identities. Amazon wishlist, photos used between your personal accounts and cam stuff, phone number posted on something, check everything. Lock everything down tight. Seriously, when this happens sometimes girls realize they made a simple mistake in putting too much info on something. Check and double check all your stuff.

If it happens again, the best way to handle it while online is simply ignore it. Don't freak out, don't acknowledge it in anyway. Update your topic or type to some people to get it off the screen and just keep rolling with it. Usually if you ignore it, other people will, too.

Sorry that happened, it's so scary when it does!

im not sure. the name they used is a name that people call my outside of my most recent school. th eonly people who use that name were people from tumblr, exes, and people that are in my college at the moment. im thinking it is tumblr, though im not sure.

while i was broadcasting today, someone on my public chat knew who i was, and said my real name in the chat, and im pretty nervous about whats to happen.

any tips?

Nothing is 100% guaranteed in doing this, but if I were you, I would keep guests and basics muted (A lot of them do the "Hey, I know you!" thing, and like to fuck with a model's head...or sometimes even accidentally blurting out your personal info), and block your state. Other models might tell you they think it's pointless to do that, but I can only speak for myself, and for me doing these two things have helped eliminate some problems in the past.

First off, be sure you are using the blocking feature. home state, school state, family region etc.. I'm assuming you aren't blocking your home state bc "exes/classmates" were thought of. Being unconcerned with keeping real Vs cam identities totally separate can and frequently do lead to a lot of grief for your real life. [even stalkers] Give it the due diligence you think necessary.

----and submit your stuff here to Amber and get verified as a model so you can "go behind the wall." MUCH good infos there.

The best response is to either ignore them, or say, "That's not my name, silly, my name is (your model name)", depending on your preference.

I occasionally have people say "hi, (random name), likely in hopes that I'll respond with my real name... Nope, not working.

If it's someone who genuinely knows you, deny. "I get that all the time, this (real name) chick must really look like me!"

Similar to @SaffronBurke, whenever someone tries to freak me out about having known me (even if I know they don't know) in highschool /my hometown or whatever I respond with "Sorry hon, I don't do role play in free chat." If it feels like they might actually somehow know me, I silently ban at the same time.

Yes, my first day I totally got the "Hey, I know you!" crap. It scared me and I banned him ASAP. Geoblocking does not guarantee that no one in your region will see you. They can be using Tor (special kind of browser with no IP address) or using a different IP address entirely. Be sure not to recycle photos from personal social media accounts. With Google, if you upload an image they can reverse search and it will give you links as to other places that image is on the web.

Yes, my first day I totally got the "Hey, I know you!" crap. It scared me and I banned him ASAP. Geoblocking does not guarantee that no one in your region will see you. They can be using Tor (special kind of browser with no IP address) or using a different IP address entirely. Be sure not to recycle photos from personal social media accounts. With Google, if you upload an image they can reverse search and it will give you links as to other places that image is on the web.
More likely a VPN than Tor. Tor does not support Adobe Flash and if you put it on Tor it will leak your real IP address.

• Wat?!
Reactions: a_haze420

any tips?
What bothers me is that you are on MFC and they said it in public chat. This is usually looked down upon by most models, even when unintentional.
I know a few models real names, mostly given out by accident. It sounds like you have accidentally released it in some way, check your links from MFC and media.

As for tips....I would not make a big fuss about it, just reply with I am harleylynn or lynn etc. Should someone then use another name in chat, ban and ignore. They wont do anything should you need to ban them, and even if they could no one will really care too much, so don't be nervous.

If this member can keep it out of public chat then I wouldn't worry. He may use it from time to time, and in what context will tell you much more about them. If it gets weird or uncomfortable; like them asking for more real details about you, don't fear acting appropriately in response.

Edit: The member most likely knows by your reaction that it was your real name. Admit it to the member or don't, assuming he approaches you again, it doesn't matter one way or the other. He must act appropriately in your public chat room though.

Last edited:
Good advice above, but also make sure to ban forever, put on ignore and send the user name in a report to MFC support.

I've had that happen a few times! It freaked me out bad but now I've basically trained myself to insta-ban anyone who even remotely says anything like
"hey i know you!" "you look like my friend ____ are you her???" --all of them gone. Whether the info was true or not. I just don't flinch, say anything or stop my flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.