AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Private shows not recording

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2022
Is anyone else not receiving a recording of the show after you have paid for a private show? It's happening every time now. It clearly states that show recordings are allowed but I never receive one? Anyone else getting this?

It is not automatic. The model can disable the record feature. I do not know whether or not the private show is recordable is indicated on the model's page in CB. I don't think it is. Many studios disable their model's record feature and ask for extra tokens to record.

Upvote 0
It is not automatic. The model can disable the record feature. I do not know whether or not the private show is recordable is indicated on the model's page in CB. I don't think it is. Many studios disable their model's record feature and ask for extra tokens to record.
when you ask for a pvt, it pops up a window with all that information. tokens per minute plus if with or without recording allowed.
I believe he is speaking about a bug sometimes happens (specially when models turn on or off recording) where models have record option on and it doesn't save on users side.

Upvote 0
you have to email support of chaturbate after the pvt (that was with record on but u didnt get it) and they will fix it or refund if not too late.
this is the feedback i got from my users when those things used to happen.

Oh, man. Please tell me you don't mean that the member gets a full refund of the private show just because he didn't get the recording (and the model basically did a free show). o_O I'm hoping you mean that (if he pays extra for the recording), CB would only refund him for the recording.

Upvote 0
Oh, man. Please tell me you don't mean that the member gets a full refund of the private show just because he didn't get the recording (and the model basically did a free show). o_O I'm hoping you mean that (if he pays extra for the recording), CB would only refund him for the recording.
It happened to me a few times, CB contacted me afterwards to say they identified a technical issue with the private, and refunded the per-minute tokens (not additional tips during the private).
I asked right away if the refunded tokens were taken from the model, because I didn't want or request that, and support said no, the model kept the tokens and CB just re-credited me.
I checked with the model and she confirmed her balance had not been affected.
Should point out that I didn't complain, as I don't care about recordings anyway, but thought that CB refunding was good customer service - but would have been very annoyed if they took tokens back from the model.

Upvote 0
It happened to me a few times, CB contacted me afterwards to say they identified a technical issue with the private, and refunded the per-minute tokens (not additional tips during the private).
I asked right away if the refunded tokens were taken from the model, because I didn't want or request that, and support said no, the model kept the tokens and CB just re-credited me.
I checked with the model and she confirmed her balance had not been affected.
Should point out that I didn't complain, as I don't care about recordings anyway, but thought that CB refunding was good customer service - but would have been very annoyed if they took tokens back from the model.

Oh, okay. Cool. And thank goodness they don't penalize the model for it.

Upvote 0
i don't know the amount, but it wasn't discounted from me (so its a refund from cb part bc it failed to record).
thank god in this the models dont get a ass kick xD

Upvote 0
I had this happen on my other account. The model enabled recording for me before the private started and I got the recording saved notice afterwards. The next time I was logged in I looked at my collection and it wasn't there. The model and I discussed it and talked about what to do.

So, I contacted support and told them what happened including getting the "recording saved to the buyer's collection" message and asked if I could get the recording. They responded with a nice note saying that they would verify with the model that the show should have been be recorded.

The model sent me their note to her and it was pretty nasty. They didn't ask her to confirm, they basically said "a user is accusing you of not recording a show when you said you would record it. What do you have to say for yourself? Depending on your answer we may refund the token whether you agree or not. If this happens too much we will terminate your account." Now she's panicking that no matter how she answers that the tokens will be taken from her and/or she will be terminated.

She made her reply saying she enabled the recording but it didn't work, and I made a follow-up reply to support reiterating that I got the recording saved message and saying she should not be penalized. We are still waiting to see what happens.

It's not cool how rude CB support is with the models and nice to the users.

Upvote 0
I had this happen on my other account. The model enabled recording for me before the private started and I got the recording saved notice afterwards. The next time I was logged in I looked at my collection and it wasn't there. The model and I discussed it and talked about what to do.

So, I contacted support and told them what happened including getting the "recording saved to the buyer's collection" message and asked if I could get the recording. They responded with a nice note saying that they would verify with the model that the show should have been be recorded.

The model sent me their note to her and it was pretty nasty. They didn't ask her to confirm, they basically said "a user is accusing you of not recording a show when you said you would record it. What do you have to say for yourself? Depending on your answer we may refund the token whether you agree or not. If this happens too much we will terminate your account." Now she's panicking that no matter how she answers that the tokens will be taken from her and/or she will be terminated.

She made her reply saying she enabled the recording but it didn't work, and I made a follow-up reply to support reiterating that I got the recording saved message and saying she should not be penalized. We are still waiting to see what happens.

It's not cool how rude CB support is with the models and nice to the users.
It sounds as though they are querying if the model really did change settings to allow recording, assuming they do not have it set to record by default and this was a special request on that occasion?
When CB refunded me, it was all initiated their end and they identified a technical fault occurred. The model was not even aware that there had been a refund, since CB covered that.
Any technical glitch that resulted in the show recording not being saved to your collection should be easily checked by CB Support, they would have no reason to refer it to the model.

Reactions: blayze_noir
Upvote 0
It sounds as though they are querying if the model really did change settings to allow recording, assuming they do not have it set to record by default and this was a special request on that occasion?
When CB refunded me, it was all initiated their end and they identified a technical fault occurred. The model was not even aware that there had been a refund, since CB covered that.
Any technical glitch that resulted in the show recording not being saved to your collection should be easily checked by CB Support, they would have no reason to refer it to the model.
If they were asking what happened or to corroborate my story it would be ok. But, they were completely attacking the model. They basically said, "you have been accused! What do you have to say for yourself?" As a business you have many sets of customers: the consumers of your product, your employees, your service providers, and your contractors among others. The people behind your service should be treated with respect equal to your consumers. They were just shitty assuming the model (contractor/service provider) was a bad actor.

Anyway, it is all settled now. They reviewed her response confirming what happened and restored the private to my library.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
If they were asking what happened or to corroborate my story it would be ok. But, they were completely attacking the model. They basically said, "you have been accused! What do you have to say for yourself?" As a business you have many sets of customers: the consumers of your product, your employees, your service providers, and your contractors among others. The people behind your service should be treated with respect equal to your consumers. They were just shitty assuming the model (contractor/service provider) was a bad actor.

Anyway, it is all settled now. They reviewed her response confirming what happened and restored the private to my library.
So, this is not settled. CB restored the video to my collection and stole the tokens away from the model. This is ridiculous. They have a technical problem and penalize the model by taking away the tokens?

Upvote 0
So, this is not settled. CB restored the video to my collection and stole the tokens away from the model. This is ridiculous. They have a technical problem and penalize the model by taking away the tokens?
That's a really weird situation. In the correspondence from Support when it happened to me, they said that the recording was not available because of the technical issue, and could not be recovered - hence why they credited me the tokens used.
If they restored it into your 'collection' then the private recorded without issue on the CB server side, so recording must have been enabled by the model's settings - so the only question is why it did appear in your collection. Well, I guess the second question is, why the hell did they take the credited tokens back from the model, when it's clearly not their fault?

Upvote 0
🤔 You sure about that? so the model goes into her token history and she sees an admin adjustment taking away the tokens?

Upvote 0
🤔 You sure about that? so the model goes into her token history and she sees an admin adjustment taking away the tokens?
Yeah, she had the tokens taken away but not refunded to me. I replied to the support email asking "how did we do? please rate our support" saying I was unsatisfied and disappointed that they took the tokens away from the model. A few hours later she emailed me saying that they returned the tokens.

Upvote 0
Yeah, she had the tokens taken away but not refunded to me. I replied to the support email asking "how did we do? please rate our support" saying I was unsatisfied and disappointed that they took the tokens away from the model. A few hours later she emailed me saying that they returned the tokens.
Just curious, was the private show in which the recording issue occurred between two model accounts (one yours), and that is potentially why CB referred it to the other for comment?

Upvote 0
I think this is clearly a bug. The steps are fairly easy to reproduce.

1) User sends the private request.
2) before accepting the request, the model goes in to settings and sets Allow Private Show Recordings: Yes. And clicks Update Settings.
3) After settings are saved model accepts private request.
4) After private ends the user receives notification that private has been added to user's collection.
5) Private is not added to the collection.

I think if the settings were updated BEFORE sending the request then none of this would have happened.

• Helpful!
Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
I think this is clearly a bug. The steps are fairly easy to reproduce.

1) User sends the private request.
2) before accepting the request, the model goes in to settings and sets Allow Private Show Recordings: Yes. And clicks Update Settings.
3) After settings are saved model accepts private request.
4) After private ends the user receives notification that private has been added to user's collection.
5) Private is not added to the collection.

I think if the settings were updated BEFORE sending the request then none of this would have happened.
I've done that - change before the user sent me a request and that bug still happened.
nowadays, i refresh 10x before i tell user i am ready and after pvt cross fingers no bug lol

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.