AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Private Shows or Public?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2019
Do you make more money only getting completely naked in private shows? I'm thinking about being a cam model but seeing all this stuff about bots and random people recording the public shows and then putting the videos on other sites is a really scary thought for me. Also I tend to see a lot of girls showing everything, working hard non stop, with a ton of people (like 7k-10k for example) in their room but the tipping seems slow...because I guess a lot of people feel like tipping is useless when there's already a free show going on or they just can't afford to tip. But then on the other hand only showing everything in private could get some people bored I guess? Just from my experience watching cam models I honestly see more models that are not naked getting tips more frequently. Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting that private shows get more tips, just that it seems like the tipping is faster or more frequent. Just wondering what's your opinion on doing private shows vs public ones?

Thanks!

If you've been worried about being recorded TOO much, don't join any cam-sites.
It'll be a huge mistake that may ruin your mental health, personal life or altogether.

If you've been just kinda concerned, stick to a pvt shows.
It doesn't mean you won't be recorded. It means you'll be recorded less and rarer.
Public shows are being recorded by tons of bots on all the sites. It happens automatically.

On Chaturbate:
Pvt shows can be recorded if you allowed it in your settings.
They'll be saved in a buyer's collection right after the end of a pvt show.
You can turn this option off in your settings which means
that your pvt shows may be recorded
by a buyer manually through some sketchy programs only.
There is much less risk but there is a risk anyway.

On MyFreeCams:
Pvt shows are being recorded by default. You can't change this.
They'll be saved in a buyer's Archives section.

Even if you chose the site that allows it by default (MFC)
or if you left this option turned on in hope to get more pvt shows (CB),
it doesn't mean people that have paid for your pvt show, are gonna upload it everywhere.
Mostly, people don't want to share any personal things they've paid for, with others for free.
But it still may happen. And it'll be happening.

Public shows vs Pvt shows in financial aspect:

There are a lot of successful public based models.
And there are a lot of successful private based models
(they may be less famous but still make bank).

I consider myself a pvt based model.
My public shows are aimed at chatting and teasing.
I don't want people to get bored to death
but I don't want to show more at the same time.
If someone wants to see me doing more sexy/naughty things,
they can take me pvt or buy my pre-made videos.

I ain't popular AF but I've got my fanbase.
My strategy allows me to make a living. I don't earn shitloads of money
but I try to maximize my profit as much as I can without overstepping my boundaries.
I ain't gonna waste my time on people that don't like the way I work.
There are a lot of amazing rooms around to join.
I tend to pay more of personal attention to people than public based models.
Because I can afford it (not as many viewers as in public rooms with cum shows)
and because it's the way I build my business up.

All people are different. And we all have different rules and limits.

I can't say how much public based models earn because I simply have no clue.
I think most of them earn much more than me but there are still some that earn less.
Because public show doesn't lead to the instant success. It depends on so many factors.

Anyway, public based models take more risks than me
(more freeloaders, more haters, more people that recognize them)
and I really respect them.
At the end of the day, we do pretty much the same work.

Last edited:
I suggest you try to few sites. Im working on chaturbate, and I do 90% things in open chat,but I dont have problems with being recording cuz I dont hide that Im camgirl. Of course everywhere will be people who will wait for free even if they have tokens, but if u think about chaturbate(which i strongly reccomend) u wil always have good tippers. Many of them will tip you even without do nothing:) I earn good,for me about 2000 tkns daily is ok, I never had thousands people. Usulaly in my room is max 50 but then my room is good. When I have more, ok is many people,traffic but no tips. If u wil have good camera and your show wil be intereseting there's no option that u wont earn good. Days are different. Maybe girls u were watching had bad day. Mefor example yesterday 400 tkns in the day and only 46 in the evening. But today 2000 in 2 hours.I recommend you having 2 shorter shifts than 1 longer. That will give you more comfort because on one of those shifts must be better. Chaturbare has many issues, sometmes poeple coming and leavin,g u sit with 10 poeple for 2 hours ,but if u try in few hours u have 50 poeple in few minutes.
What I can recommend: if you will start shift ,u will clikc online and after 1-1,5h is nothing-go offline. Sitting 5-8 hours with bad start is no sense,becahse that means is bad time . Better log out ,rest and back in few hours.
Use bots: tokenkeno, roll the dice; change your ideas: start once completely naked, next time try completelu dress and set goal. I recomend small goals, to let poeple know that its possible to reach it and see something.
CHange places when you broadcast,use lights,different backgrounds, do close ups and another time whole body. Be creative ,will be good. This is about open chat
About private? Hm if u prefer be pvt model- then maybe try different site. Chaturbate guests are not ok to pay a lot for pvt. My pvt is off ,but im in 6 tkn/min category becuase even if pvt is off you need choose any. If somebody ask for pvt, i said 18/min- believe me ,small number of people decide to go for 18. 6 or 12 i s no sense,u wont earn good and poeple who looks for 6/12 will do cheap and short pvts. Ok you can try 60 or 90 and u will have 1 good pvt but how often?....
For pvts are good sites based on pvts,where nudity is not allowed: livejasmin, xmodels etc. But its not so fun anymore. Chaturbate is very cool ,very friendly, really from the time I started being here I became very nerdy :) I prefer spend my time here than go out with friends;)

If u will decide being on cb one thing is important:beter not mix pvt and open chat.I mean if u will choose open chat , stay on it,and accept pvt but for min 18/30 and check your pvt guests ,accept longer shows and not when u have many poeple in your room. Because stoping open chat for pvt will disctract your stream- you losing people in your room ,u go out from main page ranking and is veryb slowly to have followers. I have second account on cb now from one year. First account was made first time when i had no idea how everything should be . Iwas in open chat, was accepting pvts for 6-12 tkns and results? 4 k followers during one year. Second accunt i focused on open chat, pvts are maybe 10 % of my time online and after the same time- 1 year- i have 19700 followers.
I n my personal opinion cb is the coolest site ever,but as long as you stay in open chat.
Good luck!

I highly suggest you look at a pay per minute site like Streamate. Nudity isn’t even allowed in public/guest chat. There is a pay wall for all explicit actions.

Do you make more money only getting completely naked in private shows? I'm thinking about being a cam model but seeing all this stuff about bots and random people recording the public shows and then putting the videos on other sites is a really scary thought for me. Also I tend to see a lot of girls showing everything, working hard non stop, with a ton of people (like 7k-10k for example) in their room but the tipping seems slow...because I guess a lot of people feel like tipping is useless when there's already a free show going on or they just can't afford to tip. But then on the other hand only showing everything in private could get some people bored I guess? Just from my experience watching cam models I honestly see more models that are not naked getting tips more frequently. Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting that private shows get more tips, just that it seems like the tipping is faster or more frequent. Just wondering what's your opinion on doing private shows vs public ones?

Thanks!

100% if you are going to cam, you will have to get used to the idea of being recorded and being put elsewhere. It's going to happen, no exceptions and no way around it. But I do agree that if you accept this and decide to go forward with it, Streamate sounds like it could be a good place for you.

Even with private based shows on sites like streamate, you will still be recorded. Our free chats are still bot recorded.

If this is a fear you have and you don't want it to happen, there is no way around it. You getting recorded and put on another site is inevitable. Don't cam.

Www.ratracerebellion.com for online vanilla work

Last edited:
In my experience the earning potential is a definitely a lot higher in public shows as apposed to privates, but accepting that you will be recorded either way is definitely important to come to terms with before starting. It can be a nasty surprise if its something you an unprepared for!

Reactions: lovelylady
If you've been worried about being recorded TOO much, don't join any cam-sites.
It'll be a huge mistake that may ruin your mental health, personal life or altogether.

If you've been just kinda concerned, stick to a pvt shows.
It doesn't mean you won't be recorded. It means you'll be recorded less and rarer.
Public shows are being recorded by tons of bots on all the sites. It happens automatically.

On Chaturbate:
Pvt shows can be recorded if you allowed it in your settings.
They'll be saved in a buyer's collection right after the end of a pvt show.
You can turn this option off in your settings which means
that your pvt shows may be recorded
by a buyer manually through some sketchy programs only.
There is much less risk but there is a risk anyway.

On MyFreeCams:
Pvt shows are being recorded by default. You can't change this.
They'll be saved in a buyer's Archives section.

Even if you chose the site that allows it by default (MFC)
or if you left this option turned on in hope to get more pvt shows (CB),
it doesn't mean people that have paid for your pvt show, are gonna upload it everywhere.
Mostly, people don't want to share any personal things they've paid for, with others for free.
But it still may happen. And it'll be happening.

Public shows vs Pvt shows in financial aspect:

There are a lot of successful public based models.
And there are a lot of successful private based models
(they may be less famous but still make bank).

I consider myself a pvt based model.
My public shows are aimed at chatting and teasing.
I don't want people to get bored to death
but I don't want to show more at the same time.
If someone wants to see me doing more sexy/naughty things,
they can take me pvt or buy my pre-made videos.

I ain't popular AF but I've got my fanbase.
My strategy allows me to make a living. I don't earn shitloads of money
but I try to maximize my profit as much as I can without overstepping my boundaries.
I ain't gonna waste my time on people that don't like the way I work.
There are a lot of amazing rooms around to join.
I tend to pay more of personal attention to people than public based models.
Because I can afford it (not as many viewers as in public rooms with cum shows)
and because it's the way I build my business up.

All people are different. And we all have different rules and limits.

I can't say how much public based models earn because I simply have no clue.
I think most of them earn much more than me but there are still some that earn less.
Because public show doesn't lead to the instant success. It depends on so many factors.

Anyway, public based models take more risks than me
(more freeloaders, more haters, more people that recognize them)
and I really respect them.
At the end of the day, we do pretty much the same work.

Tysm this was really helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.