AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Private shows

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2016
I've been reading a lot of your answers to people on other posts and you all are great. I especially love the sassy attitudes, hehehe.

I've been on Chaturbate for about 3 months now. I've read that you should hold off doing privates until you build up a following. I also read that privates might not be as profitable as they could be, and my focus should be on the room.

I'm wondering if you wonderful, fantastic people could kinda go thru the anatomy of a private show...
They make the request... then what? Do you whisper them and discuss it? Or, if it's a good time, do you just take the private and discuss it in there?

Would it be rude to put a blurb on my bio about "I won't break chaturbate rules, and please work within my tip menu"?

How do you handle it if you get in there and they ask for something you won't do... does it get really awkward?

(I wanted to read the closed forum but I guess I lost my status cuz I read more than I write, lol.)

Privates are typically discussed using private messages before hand, to help avoid starting a show only to find out they wanted something you don't offer.

If they do ask for something you don't do after starting the private, you have every right to say no, and they'll either come up with something else, leave, or try to push you, in that last instance, just end the show and ban them because no amount of tokens is worth doing something you are uncomfortable with.

Most models that do privates will only take them at scheduled times or if the room is slow. If your public room is chatty and the tips are flowing, taking a private could potentially clear our your room, and getting the momentum back after can take a while, so it's really up to you to decide when/if you take privates.

I can tell you how I see privates from a member perspective :

Lets assume I visit your room and I am interested to take you private.

1) I check your rates for privates, if you want 60 tokens per minute and I want to spent only 12 tokens per minutes, it is already game over , no point to go any further for me, I don't have habit to try to negotiate the model down. If I cannot afford it I don't do it.

2) Lets say your rates are in my ball park, then I will contact you by PM, some model charge for PM access, if it is not too much Like 5 - 10 tokens I am happy to invest it, but I would not pay 100 tokens only to contact you by PM.

3) My first question is if you do a private, if you reply no case closed again.

4) If you do privates I ask what you do in private, here is your opportunity to make clear what you do and what you don't do.

5) If things so far look good I will tell you what I want you to do and if that is OK with you.
I will also give you an idea how long I want to take you private, my usual timeframe is 10 to 15 minutes.
If you agree we have a deal and can do the private.

If things during the private go wrong I will let you know and if there is no solution I will stop the private to cut my losses. I see no point to have lengthy discussion costing me maybe 3o tokens per minute.

But each member is likely different, but this is my approach.

:)

Last edited:
Nice answers guys. This is a great forum :)
I've been so nervous about doing them. I tend to write a lot, so I'm tempted to write my limits down, but men don't read anyway, and especially not when it's a book.
So, I know my "slow times" every day are in the afternoon.. I could say "I only do them between x and y time? (I find this time of day when the weirdos come out... always head scratching...)
I feel that if you want to discuss a private show, or to buy something else on my menu, I'd be happy to whisper, otherwise I put a high price just to discourage the guys who just want to take up my time for free. I probably should make a note about that by that price on my tip menu.
My tip menu is pretty extensive, so it seems you guys are saying that I can say "stay within cb rules and my tip menu, and we're all good".
Bobby, I wish all the viewers were polite and respectful like you :) This was very reassuring to me, thank you.

I honestly don't do privates and I don't think I ever will. They seem like too much of a headache to me, personally.

How I see it is... if you want to see me perform certain actions, request a custom video from me. Every last detail will be discussed beforehand so you'll know exactly what you'll be getting and I won't lose any time or money. If you want to take me to private so we can chat one-on-one, buy my Kik.

I honestly don't do privates and I don't think I ever will. They seem like too much of a headache to me, personally.

How I see it is... if you want to see me perform certain actions, request a custom video from me. Every last detail will be discussed beforehand so you'll know exactly what you'll be getting and I won't lose any time or money. If you want to take me to private so we can chat one-on-one, buy my Kik.

Fair enough if you think that private shows are not for you.
For me the interesting part in a private is the live interaction with a model, it is like a real time director. So a custom video would not work for me and I never requested one so far.....

Nice answers guys. This is a great forum :)
I've been so nervous about doing them. I tend to write a lot, so I'm tempted to write my limits down, but men don't read anyway, and especially not when it's a book.
So, I know my "slow times" every day are in the afternoon.. I could say "I only do them between x and y time? (I find this time of day when the weirdos come out... always head scratching...)
I feel that if you want to discuss a private show, or to buy something else on my menu, I'd be happy to whisper, otherwise I put a high price just to discourage the guys who just want to take up my time for free. I probably should make a note about that by that price on my tip menu.
My tip menu is pretty extensive, so it seems you guys are saying that I can say "stay within cb rules and my tip menu, and we're all good".
Bobby, I wish all the viewers were polite and respectful like you :) This was very reassuring to me, thank you.

I consider privates a kind of art form, you get better with practice ;)

I try to analyse each private I was not happy with, means I lost time and money, and normally it is mostly about communication, neither the model nor the member are mind readers, so best to assume nothing and communicate what is important for you clearly before the private starts. The list what is important will likely change over time....
On the positive side if I do privates several times with the same model it can be very relaxing because she knows exactly what I like and I know exactly that she is very good at giving me what I want....

4) If you do privates I ask what you do in private, here is your opportunity to make clear what you do and what you don't do.

Other models may feel differently, but I despise this question. I'd much rather the customer ask if I do what they're looking for, it's much more straightforward and quick. This is mainly due to offering a wide variety of fetishses, so listing out everything that I offer would be tiring to both parties, and some folks may be grossed out that I offer things like eating and burping, which I have been asked for on many occasions.

Other models may feel differently, but I despise this question. I'd much rather the customer ask if I do what they're looking for, it's much more straightforward and quick. This is mainly due to offering a wide variety of fetishses, so listing out everything that I offer would be tiring to both parties, and some folks may be grossed out that I offer things like eating and burping, which I have been asked for on many occasions.

My reason for asking what a model is doing in private is simply maybe she offers something I have not thought about and what could be interesting, sometimes I get the answer "everything"........

So, do you find that you make the bulk of your tips in the room or from privates? I respect your opinion Saffron, you too seem to be in a niche market and you're so wonderful with your responses.

Maybe it's a sign of my age, but I hate typing on my cell phone. It double types letters, and the keyboards are so tiny, and let's not even go to auto-correct, lol. I even have a slide out, and it's a pain in the butt to text. So, I don't really wanna do cell phone stuff. Makes me sad that all of these apps are so phone-centric, and that I can't just text chat easily from my pc, where I'm at all day anyway. I used to use trillian and pidgin to connect to all the instant messaging services, but recently, even facebook has changed protocols so those don't work. Is there any kind of universal messaging app you all have found that would allow me to chat off cb? In the old days.. hahaha.. cu seeme had little windows that would pop open to text chat different ppl. I could keep them all floating around my screen out of the way so I could keep track of them. That tiny little number on a tiny little tab doesn't get my attention, and ppl get pissy when I don't respond to them. I could probably use skype without the cam for that, but it's use is not encouraged by cb and I really try to stay within the rules.

Is there any kind of universal messaging app you all have found that would allow me to chat off cb?

I am in a few chat groups on Telegram. It's basically the same as whatsapp except that you can use it on a PC, phone or tablet and your phone number is never shared so good for security conscious camgirls. You do have to sign up with a phone number and on a phone but after that you make a username which you give out to people and they will never see your number. Then after that you can log in on any device to chat with anyone you want to give your username to.

Here's the link if you're interested https://telegram.org/

Reactions: MastersMBAngel
I consider privates a kind of art form, you get better with practice ;)

I try to analyse each private I was not happy with, means I lost time and money, and normally it is mostly about communication, neither the model nor the member are mind readers, so best to assume nothing and communicate what is important for you clearly before the private starts. The list what is important will likely change over time....
On the positive side if I do privates several times with the same model it can be very relaxing because she knows exactly what I like and I know exactly that she is very good at giving me what I want....

I agree so badly to what you say.
It's a matter of communication. I really think my privates have become way so much better since i push myself to feel comfortable by commenting or asking questions when things were not completely clear for me. Before i used to get anxious or nervous if a guy requested something i didnt know what it was, or if he requested something i didnt wanted to do. Now i ask or tell them no (keeping the sexiness up ;) ). And it seems to me that guys feel even more comfortable now too. It has only happened to e like once that a guy got upset or something and left. But i truly think i did the best i could to provide him a great experience.

Reactions: MastersMBAngel
My reason for asking what a model is doing in private is simply maybe she offers something I have not thought about and what could be interesting, sometimes I get the answer "everything"........

There is always going to be something you may haven't thought of. The problem is when a model reads this she thinks to herself "Well jeez, I get asked to do hundreds of different things all the time! How am I supposed to know what he's going to be into? Heck by the time I get done with a list of even a tenth of what I'm willing to do, he'll likely get off and no longer feel the need to take me thanks to the free sexy chat I gave while describing my show." Generally, every private show will be catered to each member with that specific member's tastes in mind.

So, do you find that you make the bulk of your tips in the room or from privates? I respect your opinion Saffron, you too seem to be in a niche market and you're so wonderful with your responses.

There may be something she makes the bulk of her tips from, but I rarely see any one or two things making up a model's sales. I don't know how things look on Saffron's sales page, but I recall her offering quite a spectrum of categories to choose from...which is frankly a very smart investment in camming. Having only one thing you cater to limits your room, and you have to deal setting yourself apart from everyone else who offer similar shows.

This is so timely for me, as I have not done a private yet but have at least one guest who has mentioned interest. Of course, you cannot count on promises of "Next time I get on, I will hit you up for a private" but it pays to be prepared just in case someone actually ponies up the tokens.

Next time I get on, I will hit you up for a private

Roughly 99.999% of people who say this are never seen again. Same with "brb, gotta add credits". They disappear into the ether, forever lost in BRBville.

However, you will have people ask for a private who are interested in one right now. Prepare yourself now so you're ready - is there a certain time in your shift when you'd like privates to be done, or are they fine any time? What are your limits - fetishes, toys, roleplay? If you're set in your boundaries ahead of time, you'll be more confident in asserting them when it comes up.

I always like to 'freestyle' with the model in private, it usually follows after some standard room tipping. I always start with 'brb, gotta add credits', as I don't show my credit unless I am serious about spending it (I like to keep back-up credit handy in case the private goes better than expected, and I want to extend it). Private time will usually last well over 20 minutes, depending on where it leads. I usually ask for private time, but almost never plan it.
I find if you can spare the time and have fun with it, private time rarely goes wrong. I find many of them quite memorable experiences, most of the best experiences have been in private for me. I don't really do them too often because I like them to be good. I only take them when I am certain I want them.

The anatomy: As a rule, natural looking private shows tend to run in 7 minute moments, much like life.
For a private show I tend to look for a smooth transition from the room action to something more exciting/ interesting or sometimes to a real moment. If it feels right, it most likely is.
Good models in private have a great instinct for where we want our eyes travelling, a good sense of timing the moments, and can relax enough for one on one interaction.
There is often something that will throw member or model out of the moment, so you must have some consideration, generosity and humor with the other person. If you can't do this then I would suggest that you avoid one on one time.
Longer one on one sessions usually involve lots of chat. Private time is not like an exclusive video at all, you won't always get what you ask for, or expect, no matter how well you plan it. Personally, this is its appeal, it is an adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.