AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Private workSSpace

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MystiRose

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Nov 28, 2011
Next Door
twitter.com
Hi Everyone! I'm Brand new the forum and fairly new to camming.(this is my official first post) I've been modeling part time for a few months now and I'm confident that I could be successful if I had the ability to work more regularly and keep a consistent schedule. My boyfriend and I live in a small one bedroom apartment and although he has more or less expressed approval of my current choice in career paths, he seems more comfortable about the whole thing when it remains "out of sight, out of mind". He doesn't really have a consistent work schedule at his job and I just picked up a new part time job so my schedule is up in the air currently. I can't keep a consistent time schedule if I rely solely on working from my living room when the BF isn't home. So does anyone have any suggestion of how I might find a quiet private place where I could manage my second job?

I'm also curious on how you other ladies manage your careers and your personal life. Do your boyfriends know about your job? Do they approve? Do they help with videos? I've joked with my man about recording a video with me or even broadcasting with me (on sites that allow for such) but either he hasn't taken the offers seriously or he's still uncomfortable about it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :)

Hmm.. what I would do would be talking about it with my boyfriend and then say him I would like to do a schedule. If he feels uncomfortable with you camming in the living room, maybe you should consider streaming in your bedroom?
I live in a two bedroom apartment so we have our second bedroom entirely for camming. He's a camguy too so we don't really have any "being uncomfy" problems. And I sometimes use him in my shows, guys totally love it!

I cam in my room (as I have house mates) my only concern is that they might hear me, they dont know I work on MFC part time, but I dont mind if they did find out.

I know a fellow camgirl who doesnt use this site that has a boyfriend who is very respectful of her career (not that he has much choice, from watching her camming she most obviously where the trousers) but she does complain of getting the boyfriend sex/cam masturbation ration right, after all a girl can only fuck herself or get fucked so many times in one day.

xxx

I wish it were as easy as just working from my bedroom. Currently the only computer I have is my desktop. It is an all-in-one Mac so the bonus is it's fairly easy to move it from one room to the other. The problem is it's the only computer in the house, therefore if I'm in the bedroom using it then the only option he has is to sit on the couch and twiddle his thumbs. We don't have a tv and only one vehicle (which he is not licensed to drive, long story, :oops: ). I really can't imagine any man, no matter how comfortable he is with his girl's cam career, sitting comfortably through a couple hours of his girlfriend in the other room flirting, moaning and showing naughty bits to strangers when he's not invited and already feels like he's on house arrest.

It's a complicated situation that is bound to cause unnecessary tension. If I could find an alternative to camming from home then he could have the house to himself to unwind peacefully. To be honest, if I had any female friends in the area that we just moved to I'd probably just talk them into signing up at MFC and doing a show with me a couple times a week :shifty: . But I don't know how I would approach that conversation with the few people that I've only recently met :mrgreen: lol.

Sounds like a no win situation right now and that sucks. But it is xmas time and PCs are on sale. I know Macs are great but you could get a PC for under $500 that would work great for MFC. That way he can be in one room while you are in the other. Not ideal but it could work. Good Luck :)

...another less expensive thought is to get a TV. I saw many under $200 that also had headphone jacks. Using the headphone option could essentially isolate him from any "bedroom noises" while you're working and keep him marginally entertained. Good luck.

Or, if you think he'd just need it for internet stuff, grab a netbook for him to use while you're camming. :p

Cheap TV with a PS 2 and second-hand games could keep some men entertained for hours, and you wouldn't even need to pay a cable bill. Plus, the ps2 can play DvD's.

Neudiin said:
Sounds like a no win situation right now and that sucks. But it is xmas time and PCs are on sale. I know Macs are great but you could get a PC for under $500 that would work great for MFC. That way he can be in one room while you are in the other. Not ideal but it could work. Good Luck :)

It's starting to look like a no win for now but I'm not willing to give up just yet. Actually at this point i would prefer the pc to use for camming since I can't download the MFC software to Mac anyway. I've always been a PC girl and bought the Mac on a whim with a student loan. I'm definitely better at Windows OS.

LadyLuna said:
Or, if you think he'd just need it for internet stuff, grab a netbook for him to use while you're camming. :p

Cheap TV with a PS 2 and second-hand games could keep some men entertained for hours, and you wouldn't even need to pay a cable bill. Plus, the ps2 can play DvD's.

I've already added all of the above to my wishlist, lol.

I have a rather unusual situation.

I rented out an apartment solely for cam'ing. I don't like cam'ing from home. I am a rarity I guess lol.

But it definitely works better for me :) I can leave out all my toys and keep my lighting setup and not have to worry about hiding anything. Having a separate place for cam'ing helps me unwind from mommy mode to sexy time mode lol

depending on what part of the country your in rent can be super cheap, my whole mortgage & insurance is less than $400 ... but you can come cam at my house if your in central missouri :)

If you live with another person, I think the solution is a two bedroom apartment.
I live alone so I dont have that issue, but that being said I am affording almost 800 dollars a month rent and Im not even a popular or very successful model. The point Im trying to make is that if you bust your ass you should be able to get a two bedroom apartment no problem, and it will be worth the investment because you can work more/whenever you want to.
Plus, you can lock all your dildos in your closet and let your mother have it as a guest room. :lol:

EDIT: You're going to need a laptop or netbook FIRST. When youre able to work more then you can work more so you can get a separate room and work more. Yanno?

I'm totally looking into the idea of renting a small studio apartment for camming and what not. It will take me a couple of months to save up for it, but I think if I set some reasonable goals it will motivate me to have better shows when I'm on cam.

I haven't been able to cam in over a week and it looks like I'll be out of order for a bit longer. I have wanted to cam so bad all week, I feel like I'm addicted. Is that a weird thing to say? It's even worse on the days that I have sex with my BF cuz I'm already sexed up and horny ;) .

I've been learning so much from all the info on this website (a big thanks to all of you beautiful ladies for your insight, it's so reassuring!! :thumbleft: ) and working on advertising/pic sets/trying to convince BF to allow the camcorder in the bedroom lol.... Oh, and I spent like 5 hours editing my profile, it's a work in progress but so far I like it. I can't wait to see what a difference it all will make once I'm able to be back online.

Reactions: AshleyMarks
Status
Not open for further replies.