AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Question about Chaturbate ToS/CoC. Support never responded to my inquiry.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2023
On 03/17 I received a warning from Chaturbate about discussing/depicting pee/poo/vomit while I was streaming that I believed was due to squirting on cam. I emailed support asking how squirting relates to the ban on urine but I never received a response and it has been 2 weeks since then. My impression is squirting is allowed based on the fact there is a tag #squirt, I see other models squirting on cam, and I see some model have pre-recorded content for sale on Chaturbate that must have been reviewed and approved.

I again received a warning about discussing/depicting pee/poo/vomit while I was streaming yesterday which I think was due to squirting again, though I'm unsure because someone had asked me for dirty show content in PM and I responded that was not allowed on this platform, could that have been the issue? I emailed support again today.. I really would like an answer from support as I do not want to get banned from the site.

As an aside, how am I supposed to handle people talking about/requesting things that are outside of Terms of Service/Code of conduct? Do I tell them its not allowed and to please not request such things, ignore them, silence/ban them immediately, and/or report them?

@punker barbie you appear to be the point of contact for such inquiries, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Danger_Bones

That is a great idea to use a bot to block those request by blocking the words. Thank you!
Would this also work for tip notes? After a quick review it doesn't look like it to me.

Reactions: Yep_Nope_Maybe
Upvote 0
That is a great idea to use a bot to block those request by blocking the words. Thank you!
Would this also work for tip notes? After a quick review it doesn't look like it to me.
No, but if you silence someone it removes their tip note messages on future tips. If you're ever in doubt, silence them or ban them. Their tokens are not worth what you are going through right now. I hope you get a response soon.

Upvote 0
On 03/17 I received a warning from Chaturbate about discussing/depicting pee/poo/vomit while I was streaming that I believed was due to squirting on cam. I emailed support asking how squirting relates to the ban on urine but I never received a response and it has been 2 weeks since then. My impression is squirting is allowed based on the fact there is a tag #squirt, I see other models squirting on cam, and I see some model have pre-recorded content for sale on Chaturbate that must have been reviewed and approved.

I again received a warning about discussing/depicting pee/poo/vomit while I was streaming yesterday which I think was due to squirting again, though I'm unsure because someone had asked me for dirty show content in PM and I responded that was not allowed on this platform, could that have been the issue? I emailed support again today.. I really would like an answer from support as I do not want to get banned from the site.

As an aside, how am I supposed to handle people talking about/requesting things that are outside of Terms of Service/Code of conduct? Do I tell them its not allowed and to please not request such things, ignore them, silence/ban them immediately, and/or report them?

@punker barbie you appear to be the point of contact for such inquiries, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Danger_Bones
you can try to ban those words in ur broadcast page definitions (tho not sure they are suppressed in tipnotes)

Attachments

• banned words.png
    banned words.png
    16 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 0
Tip-messages travel 2 paths:

1. Via the main framework which appends the tip-message to the tip notification in the Broadcaster's chat-view (not able to be affected by apps/bots).

2. Via the Apps/Bots API where the tip-messages can be read and used for various purposes (e.g. voting/selection for competing goals/poll options or copied to moderators or/and individual users like the model's significant other or another model when remote split-broadcasting).

Upvote 0
Sounds like I can't do much about problematic tip notes aside from stop them from coming from the same account again in the future via silence/ban. It would be great to hear from a Chaturbate representative if broadcasters are held accountable for what user say in chat/tip notes.

Is there an advantage to using "Chat Settings --> Banned Terms" vs one of the apps/bots? I would hope it is more reliable through updates and such.

I forgot to include in my first message that my Chaturbate username is: danger_bones and I do not have a support ticket number at this time.

Upvote 0
Sounds like I can't do much about problematic tip notes aside from stop them from coming from the same account again in the future via silence/ban. It would be great to hear from a Chaturbate representative if broadcasters are held accountable for what user say in chat/tip notes.

Is there an advantage to using "Chat Settings --> Banned Terms" vs one of the apps/bots? I would hope it is more reliable through updates and such.

I forgot to include in my first message that my Chaturbate username is: danger_bones and I do not have a support ticket number at this time.
You are accountable for every aspect of your show. Rad, right? You are also responsible for reporting any serious violation of terms a user breaks. So if someone sends you a tip note or PM with incest details or details about underage activity, ban and report their user name to support immediately, do not respond verbally or in writing to the note. All you have to say in the email is, "please investigate this user [name] for TOS violations."

It sucks and it's extra work but in doing so the support team recognizes you are trying to keep everyone in line.

Upvote 0

You are not held accountable for the initial words of other users, generally, but if you do not give a clear condemnation of their words and allow them to continue, or you actively entertain and encourage them, then you may be considered complicit, and thereafter subject to disciplinary action by the Platform.

CB does automatically block tip notes and chat messages that contain particular words (e.g. Skype) without any indication to the sender or receiver. And the use of some words (e.g. a racial-slur), when detected by CB's chat filter, results in an immediate automatic-ban.

Kick/Ban is the only surefire way to stop tip notes that are not blocked by CB automatically.

The Banned Terms feature requires input from the Broadcaster to have an effect on chat. And since this feature allows all characters including spaces (hello, h e l l o, h-e-l-l-o, h_e_l_l_o), in my opinion, it is less effective than many apps/bots that provide a word or phrase blocker.

Upvote 0
You are not held accountable for the initial words of other users, generally, but if you do not give a clear condemnation of their words and allow them to continue, or you actively entertain and encourage them, then you may be considered complicit, and thereafter subject to disciplinary action by the Platform.

CB does automatically block tip notes and chat messages that contain particular words (e.g. Skype) without any indication to the sender or receiver. And the use of some words (e.g. a racial-slur), when detected by CB's chat filter, results in an immediate automatic-ban.

Kick/Ban is the only surefire way to stop tip notes that are not blocked by CB automatically.

The Banned Terms feature requires input from the Broadcaster to have an effect on chat. And since this feature allows all characters including spaces (hello, h e l l o, h-e-l-l-o, h_e_l_l_o), in my opinion, it is less effective than many apps/bots that provide a word or phrase blocker.

Who told you this? Because it is wildly inaccurate. APPS/BOTS block messages with those words in them in public chat. Chaturbate doesn't censor a single thing, not even user names.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Who told you this? Because it is wildly inaccurate. APPS/BOTS block messages with those words in them in public chat. Chaturbate doesn't censor a single thing, not even user names.
try to write skype or PayPal and you'll see its blocked. (at least in pm it is)

Upvote 0
Paypal Test.png

I literally just typed this into my public chat. Then pushed it off the screen.

Upvote 0
i know in pms, the message isnt delivered if you write those words.
Paypal is a payment option on Chaturbate. A member could be complaining about a different rate package for using Paypal in a PM and it be a perfectly legit conversation. Skype shows for tokens are allowed, per Chaturbate support.

Upvote 0
No one need blindly believe my statement since anyone interested in this topic can safely learn the facts for themselves by making 3 free accounts on CB's testbed (1 as a Broadcaster, 1 as a tipping account, and 1 as a Grey, and then challenge the chat with messages, PM's, and tip-notes). Start with the low-hanging fruit: PayPal, Pay Pal, Skype, SkypeID, incest, incestual.

Greys are subject to the most message-blocking as they cannot post url's (https://www. domain.com | https://domain.com | www.domain.com | domain.com).

testbed.cb.dev

Upvote 0
No one need blindly believe my statement since anyone interested in this topic can safely learn the facts for themselves by making 3 free accounts on CB's testbed (1 as a Broadcaster, 1 as a tipping account, and 1 as a Grey, and then challenge the chat with messages, PM's, and tip-notes). Start with the low-hanging fruit: PayPal, Pay Pal, Skype, SkypeID, incest, incestual.

Greys are subject to the most message-blocking as they cannot post url's (https://www. domain.com | https://domain.com | www.domain.com | domain.com).

testbed.cb.dev
The test bed and the actual model interface are not the same. There are many things that work in the sand box that do not work in the model interface. I've had this discussion with my app developer several times and he's always amused when I send screen shots proving I can't do what he said he was able to do there and I have provided an actual screen shot of live chat not blocking paypal in this thread. I've never purchased a token in my life.

The most notable, though unrelated to this topic, is on the test bed you can access apps without broadcasting first, models can't do that. We have to hit broadcast before that tab becomes available.

Upvote 0
The testbed was updated in the past ~12 hours and now Banned Terms added on the testbed are getting blocked in tip-notes (this therefore *likely* nullifies my earlier reply to @babykalina, although if the testbed and live-site are incongruent as @Vixxen81 stated then live-site testing is needed to confirm the behavior).

Upvote 0
The testbed was updated in the past ~12 hours and now Banned Terms added on the testbed are getting blocked in tip-notes (this therefore *likely* nullifies my earlier reply to @babykalina, although if the testbed and live-site are incongruent as @Vixxen81 stated then live-site testing is needed to confirm the behavior).
I would love it if it did work!!! 😀 Hopefully the work arounds like Skyp3 are blocked as well.

Upvote 0
try to write skype or PayPal and you'll see its blocked. (at least in pm it is)
Are Broadcasters and Moderators exempt from the word blocking on the live-site?

They are not exempt on the testbed in chat or pm (e.g. Skype, PayPal, Pay Pal = blocked).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay, so just did a live test with a tip note with nothing other than the word Skype in the message per my request. The result was [user name] tipped 1 token. No message. Skype is still not blocked from public free chat.

Upvote 0
Okay, so just did a live test with a tip note with nothing other than the word Skype in the message per my request. The result was [user name] tipped 1 token. No message. Skype is still not blocked from public free chat.
So the word is blocked in tip notes but not blocked in public chat room? Someone should let CBs devs know.
(Because that pretty much indicates they want the word blocked but something may not be working the way they think it is or intended)

Upvote 0
I agree. Would be best coming from a dev who plays in the sand box.
I mean, it'd be best coming from the site rep here but I don't think they even care about this stuff these days.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
I mean, it'd be best coming from the site rep here but I don't think they even care about this stuff these days.
I mean, honestly, CB is mishandled, there's no doubt about that. Grew too big too fast with an ever changing paradigm of things no one really saw coming with all of the laws that happened to govern us. I can only fault them so much having seen it happen in other organic companies that grew too big too fast.

I think they relied to heavily on the honor among thieves and honesty policy. Like in Clerks, "if you plan to steal please let us know." It's all coming full circle. Why are you making models panic about losing their income because someone's dick got hard and they lost any capacity to not be a person who breaks rules? It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: pbonACF
Upvote 0
I agree. Would be best coming from a dev who plays in the sand box.
Request submitted to cb support, to have skype blocked in tip notes, public chat, and PM. Because it's a good idea :)

Skype particularly because it's a competitive streaming app.

Upvote 0
I mean, honestly, CB is mishandled, there's no doubt about that. Grew too big too fast with an ever changing paradigm of things no one really saw coming with all of the laws that happened to govern us. I can only fault them so much having seen it happen in other organic companies that grew too big too fast.

I think they relied to heavily on the honor among thieves and honesty policy. Like in Clerks, "if you plan to steal please let us know." It's all coming full circle. Why are you making models panic about losing their income because someone's dick got hard and they lost any capacity to not be a person who breaks rules? It's ridiculous.
I agree with ya.

I just wish the CB rep account here hadn't changed from actual Shirley (who had a reason to actually proactively care about stuff and reply to things accordingly here) to someone seemingly on the low end of the support totem pole that only forwards ban issues to the support team to fast track them.

It was a good synergy for a while.

Reactions: Slapstick
Upvote 0
Request submitted to cb support, to have skype blocked in tip notes, public chat, and PM. Because it's a good idea :)

Skype particularly because it's a competitive streaming app.
I think even a broader message that "words you seem to block in tip notes don't seem to be blocked in public chat(and PM if that's applicable".)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.