AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Question for MFC members about tipping

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2017
I recently came across a room where the model has many regulars, but me and another guy are the only ones tipping her on a normal basis. The regulars do bring conversation to the room and I'm learning from this amazing forum that it's appreciated by models. Said model has fun games, she's extremely creative with her content, and clearly puts a lot of time and effort into her shows.

Members: how do you feel when you are one of the very few that help with countdowns etc? Does it deter you from coming back?

I have no desire to stop tipping her. I love what she does. I find myself in the last couple weeks not going into her room as much, instead I do more offline tipping, buying stuff off her wishlist, other gifts I think she will like, and True Privates.

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on this. Have you been in this situation before? How did it make you feel?

Zombie

If you are enjoying her camming and like to tip her then it really doesn't matter what anyone else in the channel is doing. I think the behavior you described is one of the reasons a lot of camgirls seem to either mute all of the greys or at least look down upon them. They make demands and are sometimes quite rude without ever contributing anything to the channel. If you are one of the people constantly driving her goals forward I'm sure she appreciates it all the more.

I recently came across a room where the model has many regulars, but me and another guy are the only ones tipping her on a normal basis. The regulars do bring conversation to the room and I'm learning from this amazing forum that it's appreciated by models. Said model has fun games, she's extremely creative with her content, and clearly puts a lot of time and effort into her shows.

Members: how do you feel when you are one of the very few that help with countdowns etc? Does it deter you from coming back?

I have no desire to stop tipping her. I love what she does. I find myself in the last couple weeks not going into her room as much, instead I do more offline tipping, buying stuff off her wishlist, other gifts I think she will like, and True Privates.

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on this. Have you been in this situation before? How did it make you feel?

Zombie

Ask the model if she'd like you to offer to match tips. This can be a really good way to get a sluggish room moving that is relying on only 1-2 regs all the time. Basically, you say "im matcing tips up to x amount' or 'ill match tips until the countdown is done"

wait till someone tips a few tokens, then match it.

It wont work in every room, and it may not be her thing but that would be one suggestion to help get the room moving and not feel like you have to stop tipping..but also not carry the burden. Models hate when one or two memebrs have to do this too...

I know this wasn't your question (sorry) but i thought it might be relevant advice.Thanks for being an awesome member to this model :)

One of my favorites, I'd say her regulars for the most part aren't big tippers, but it doesn't deter me from tipping her. I'll just randomly tip for fun, new tip menu items or things she's come up with, sometimes it gets others to tip and sometimes it doesn't. Regardless, you can't make others tip if they don't want to.

Reactions: Magnolia
I prefer one-on-one time to public shows, so privates is how I spend a majority of my tokens. Every so often, if I go to a model's room I haven't visited before, I'll tip for some flashes. If I like what I see, then I'll take her private.

I don't really care how frequent other members tip because let's face it, you don't know what goes on behind the scenes in the form of anonymous tips, offline tips, wishlist gifts, wire transfers. You don't need to know and it should be none of your business. You give your tokens how you see fit to get your entertainment and to support the model whose room you're in. Simple.

Same thing when it comes to privates. If she's away for a long time because she's working on another site simultaneously or she's in a private for a long time, it shouldn't concern you who she's with, what she's doing, how long she's been in private, how long she's known the member, how that member compares to you, etc.

Not saying all of this was directed at you, but just in general a good mindset to have. I've been pm'd spammed by some obsessive regulars before if I take "their girl" away from them for too long. I even changed my name recently because I kept getting mfc mail from one member who thought the model was telling me to take her private so she couldn't talk to him or some crazy shit.

Completely common thing to happen under that situation Zombie. Her regulars most likely tend to tip offline or from the background too.

I don't think it deters you coming back when you are the only tipper, but to spend solo on a countdown you must really want it and be able to afford it. Usually it isn't worth it, so you tend to spend in a few larger tips instead.

If you can get something started (tip matching is a good idea @ Miss_Lollipop) it can definitely be worth the effort. If you want everyone else to go for a countdown then you must sometimes be that 1st tipper (often the first 5-10 tips), the risk being that everyone will let you spend for their own pleasure.

A smart model will lower the risk to tippers by rewarding her tippers well and not those out of the action. A smart member will know when to stop tipping and let someone else capture the model's attention, then when to rejoin the action.

Personally I fully sympathize, I've been holding back on spending lately, wasting a few tokens on the search, while I look for a room I can spend on. A room I like with an active countdown, just easy to enjoy, would be awesome.

Only the model knows who's doing what as far as tipping. You're taking a white knight approach where the model needs some for of help with her business. A model will keep returning and working on a site so long as she's making money on it.

In my opinion as a customer, you should be tipping for your entertainment and fun but not to help out. Models that represent themselves as charity cases are often manipulating their members. I don't feel that a person that chooses to work on a camsite is somehow a victim that needs to be rescued.

It's not a crime to be selfish as a customer. If you have an issue with freeloaders mooching shows off your tips move to a site like SM. I never tip for public goals in MFC I only want privates which works for me and for the model if they agree with it.

Something that I have noticed from my premium account (secret, no members know it's me) that works well for getting people to join you in tipping is to ask nicely, in a public tip note, for others to join you in a yellow wall. This is the most successful tactic I've ever seen or used to get other members tipping however I'm the only person I've ever seen use it. The key is to start the tipping yourself, and asking NICELY! "Would you fellas care to join me in creating a yellow wall?" but you have to ask. If you just say "YELLOW WALL" the majority of members assume you want to be left alone to build it alone.

Zombie
I think maybe do a mini-game, something sequential, tip 1, 2, 3... or words in tip notes, I don't know... I think tips and tips notes with small tips can help to get more Tippers. It's amazing she can have a member interested in help her in this way, very nice guy!

Zombie

Sometimes it feels good, because many/most models will give you a bunch of attention simply for being the only tipper. Unpredictable broadcast schedules generally keep me from coming back to a specific cam regularly.

If I like a model I will tip something, at least 5 tokens. Yet my tipping habits are mine. Other members do BIG tips for PVT or premium content. So just because a model has regulars that are not tipping for the moment, don't assume they do not have a history of tipping and tipping big.

Some members are good at chat and help the model past the time and that is of value to her.

I think it is good to be a good chatter and tipper, or at least the best you can.

I do agree with others, you can do things to multiply tokens, such as challenge to yellow wall or matching tokens. I think it works and since you are the one that multiplies tokens it is appreciated by the model.

It is very frustrating for models too when the same one or two members are doing all the tipping night after night.

Sometimes the room's lack of enthusiasm is just bad luck. Sometimes it is because the model is missing some key element in her show. And sometimes the tippers are to blame for it, they are the ones creating a weird vibe.

If you want to avoid being the bad kind of tipper... avoid patterns. Avoid soaking up all the model's attention. Don't do a million small tips every 2 minutes. Let some time pass without tipping yourself so others feel pressured to tip. Don't tip every night. Be unpredictable. Truth is the crowd gets used to a room's dynamic, if they see a guy tipping for everything every night they will let him carry all the burden and freeload. They will only tip if they feel their tip is needed to make shit happen.

If you don't engage in bad behaviors and the room's lack of participation isn't your fault consider tipping for stuff instead of for countdowns. It can be frustrating to tip for goals that are never met, and eventually you just start to wonder what the point to tipping her is. So try to tip for games, content, or 1 on 1 time.

Reactions: fandango
Status
Not open for further replies.