AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Question for performers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 2022
Hello!

I am looking to find out what models prefer.

Do you like using big cam networks or do you prefer to have a direct connection with your clients say on a messenger app.

Is it any benefit in terms of receiving payments using big cam networks or is it all the same if you were to get paid directly via Venmo etc..

What benefits does working on a cam network give you that you don't have if working directly with a client on a third party messenger service.

Thanks you!

Hi ! not sure i understood good but i prefer big cam networks, i prefer free sites where i talk and guys listening., on messenger app , ill have to listen to any guy bulshit, and usuall if you keep talking and talking with them there is where all this unhealthy love stories starting. and all the dramas.
benefits of receving payments from big cam sites. well u can get lots tips can make even few thousands dolars a day . while on messenger app guess like in private few dolars per minute? also you got paied from a Company means u can work legal and pay taxes in your contry.

Hello!

I am looking to find out what models prefer.

Do you like using big cam networks or do you prefer to have a direct connection with your clients say on a messenger app.

Is it any benefit in terms of receiving payments using big cam networks or is it all the same if you were to get paid directly via Venmo etc..

What benefits does working on a cam network give you that you don't have if working directly with a client on a third party messenger service.

Thanks you!
I do some consulting these days, and would be willing to work with you. Please inquire directly to establish a rate.

Hi ! not sure i understood good but i prefer big cam networks, i prefer free sites where i talk and guys listening., on messenger app , ill have to listen to any guy bulshit, and usuall if you keep talking and talking with them there is where all this unhealthy love stories starting. and all the dramas.
benefits of receving payments from big cam sites. well u can get lots tips can make even few thousands dolars a day . while on messenger app guess like in private few dolars per minute? also you got paied from a Company means u can work legal and pay taxes in your contry.
Thanks very much for this reply, it's in the ball park of what I was looking for.
I do some consulting these days, and would be willing to work with you. Please inquire directly to establish a rate.
Thank you I will keep this in mind!

• Hugs
Reactions: anabeauty37
Ok I've done my research, I've read similar posts on this forum.

I'll start with explaining a bit about my unique situation. Please don't categorize me as one of these posts, "Hey I'm making a cam site, can you do the job for me and do all my research and use my site?" This is not one of those.

I have a huge sex entertainment website and for over a decade I've been working directly with the industry leading cam vendors and banning cam models directly from exploiting my product (the traffic is so valuable in terms of conversion that some will illegally spam their services to steal traffic). We're really good at this, we've made it very difficult for bots and spammers to reach our users (this becomes important later).

Recently I've been playing with some new creative ad formats on my service and using CB's affiliate link (as an unknown new account) I'm quite shocked with the results. Not only how many paying users there are, but how many whales I'm responsible for sending (individuals spending hundreds and in some cases thousands of dollars in single evenings).

I've always known how valuable my traffic is but laziness and comfort with my prepaid long duration flat rate ad arrangements prevented me from really drilling down on exactly how much, well now I know and it's got the cogs turning in my brain.

I come waving a white flag, laying down my ban hammer to discuss with you cutting out the middle man (CB, MFC etc..) and working together directly. I have some industry changing ideas and the firepower to execute with how performers can reach a large audience directly before being chewed up through the system them dumped onto a models page.

My primary issue is we don't want to be another cam site, we want to keep the prestigious aesthetic of our product. However with the online ratio of men to women in the industry being as lop sided as it is, although we advertise a free service, we've noticed the male users are willing to pay to skip the competition and get straight into what they want.

We are legally setup to do what we do (we wouldn't of lasted 32 years if we weren't) and know the hoops we'd have to jump through to handle payments and user data, we don't want that. We want to pass the traffic directly to you doing the minimal amount of data collection necessary to take payment from performers to allow you to access our traffic.

The point of this post is to find out, what would you do with the traffic? If you just send it directly back to MFC or CB because their tools are required, then it defeats the purpose of cutting them out in the first place. Our goal is to become an ad free service and your presence would increase engagement and user retention generating even more users for you to sell to.

Thanks all, there is so much more to this but I wanted to keep it as brief as possible and don't want to disclose the exact model of traffic distribution publicly, your feedback is gratefully appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

I’d say not having to constantly worry about having your payment app (Venmo, PayPal, CashApp, etc) account banned/frozen and losing any money within your account because accepting money for “digital sex services” is against virtually every cash app’s TOS is a pretty big benefit to receiving payments directly through a camsite.

The middleman makes things safer. They take care of payment processing and payouts safely. The middleman cuts out so much personal work and stress.

The middleman exists, and takes a %, for a reason.

If I was given access to good traffic, I'd direct it to my Onlyfans page.

Im a huge fan of affiliates/whitelabels as long as they dont market us as anything we aren't. Instead of trying to cut out camsites, why not try to experiment more with yours? You can get pretty intricate with your whitelabels to vibe with your site's aesthetic. You can also try out other sites affiliate programs. (Cambuilder, crakrevenue, ect)

Could someone please share the average percentage a cam site takes from a performers sales?

I understand they get creative in how they do it and most have unique ways, I'm just looking for a high and low end general number.

It's not an as simple search as I'd thought and it's taking me down all kinds of rabbit holes.

Thanks again guys, very helpful, educated and informative responses I am grateful for your feedback.

Could someone please share the average percentage a cam site takes from a performers sales?

I understand they get creative in how they do it and most have unique ways, I'm just looking for a high and low end general number.

It's not an as simple search as I'd thought and it's taking me down all kinds of rabbit holes.

Thanks again guys, very helpful, educated and informative responses I am grateful for your feedback.

This quite literally all depends on the sites, there is no simple average.

Some give the models only a 30% cut and take 70% for themselves but make it so if you earn X amount per week then you can increase your % payout.
Other sites will always give a flat price per token (such as Stripchat and Chaturbate) where they don't take a % from the model and it's from the user/buyer - and again this all depends upon what payment method they use to buy the tokens and how small/big the package is (the bigger the package the cheaper the token but the model will always get the same 0.05 per token). With larger packages on places like CB and SC it's the site and user that earn more or get a better deal, not the models.

I really don't believe there is a simple way to give an "average" because of all this.

Reactions: MrTraffic
Most payment apps only apply to Americans, and the risks involved in losing your money/account are high.

Relying on clipsites or fansites to take payment for Skype sessions, models get 80%. NF and sites like Skyprivate are 70%-75% (maybe higher depending on how much you earn).

Tbh I wouldn't use a new site for indie shows that gives me anything lower than that. And any site offering "100%" isn't going to last.

Thank you very much for another round of helpful and informative responses, again very appreciative of your replies.

I have another follow up question if anyone doesn't mind answering.

How important is it to have fun? Does it factor into your decisions at all? Is it always strictly business and whatever/wherever generates the most revenue wins or do you find yourself making concessions in specific areas if you genuinely enjoy one aspect/service or another?

I understand it probably comes down to the individual but would you say generally it's a balance of both, or it makes no difference whatsoever, money is king and the path of least resistance to the making the most is all that matters all the time.

Thanks again guys!

How important is it to have fun? Does it factor into your decisions at all? Is it always strictly business and whatever/wherever generates the most revenue wins or do you find yourself making concessions in specific areas if you genuinely enjoy one aspect/service or another?
it's 100% important that im comfortable first and foremost. work will keep being fun if i only do shows/content im comfortable with. burn out is probably gonna happen if you don't enjoy the content you make.

i work a site with 35%. most revenue isnt that important from my experience. i charge high rates to make it worth my time. the site provides great paying traffic thanks to its large network of affiliates and models are covered by all chargebacks. i also have the option to earn at least 75% with my own cammodels affiliate link when they spend on me and 20% when they spend on others. my site makes the low percentage worth it imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.