AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Race Relations Under President Obama

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Have race relations improved, worsened, or stayed about the same under President Obama?

• Gotten a lot better

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Gotten a little better

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Stayed about the same

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Gotten worse

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Obligatory other(Please explain)

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Improved.

P.S. Technically he's going on like 6 years now, but whatever.

Attachments

• job.jpg
    job.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 127
My vote was for other. I think the issue of who is or isn't President or Attorney General is irrelevant to the question of race relations as a general measure unless specific laws relating to race are enacted or not during a Presidents term. For example the Voting Rights Act under Johnson. The current situation, if that is what prompted the question, has more to do with the rapid spread of information and exposure of previously unseen events then it does with any policy changes.

I chose "gotten worse". I don't believe that Ferguson or the other police shootings are directly related to Obama being President. But, I definitely feel like Obama's presidency has been a let down and source of frustration for the black community. He has the biggest opportunity ever awarded to a man of color, and it's been squandered. I rooted for him. I cried watching him take office the first time. I thought of how much it could change things for young black boys watching him accept the position. It could have changed my hometown I hoped even. He's done nothing. He's talked a lot and made excuses. On top of that, he hung out with Jay Z. You have the opportunity to be the male model that so many young people are missing and you're being photographed with the asshole who sings "99 Problems"?! Disgraceful.

On top of that, his wife chose childhood obesity and nutrition as her pet project?! She's a black woman. What group in America needs a champion more than black women? Black women are almost 1/3 of all new hiv cases and she's worried about fat kids? She can fuck right off in my book.

All Obama has taught America is that being rich trumps being black. If he had to worry about his daughters the way other black parents or poor parents do, he'd have been a better president. He doesn't have to worry, and he doesn't care about his people. That, in my opinion, has created hopelessness for people of color.

JickyJuly said:
I chose "gotten worse". I don't believe that Ferguson or the other police shootings are directly related to Obama being President. But, I definitely feel like Obama's presidency has been a let down and source of frustration for the black community. He has the biggest opportunity ever awarded to a man of color, and it's been squandered. I rooted for him. I cried watching him take office the first time. I thought of how much it could change things for young black boys watching him accept the position. It could have changed my hometown I hoped even. He's done nothing. He's talked a lot and made excuses. On top of that, he hung out with Jay Z. You have the opportunity to be the male model that so many young people are missing and you're being photographed with the asshole who sings "99 Problems"?! Disgraceful.

On top of that, his wife chose childhood obesity and nutrition as her pet project?! She's a black woman. What group in America needs a champion more than black women? Black women are almost 1/3 of all new hiv cases and she's worried about fat kids? She can fuck right off in my book.

All Obama has taught America is that being rich trumps being black. If he had to worry about his daughters the way other black parents or poor parents do, he'd have been a better president. He doesn't have to worry, and he doesn't care about his people. That, in my opinion, has created hopelessness for people of color.

In other words, he's a politician.

I'm with Jicky on this one and it's more than just being a POS lying politician. From day one, Obama has overtly surrounded himself with racist individuals like Jeremiah Wright, Van Jones, Al Sharpton and on and on... so it's fairly obvious Obama's own core ideology pretty much dove tails with these individuals. Time and time again he has taken racial sides well before the facts were known and even whined to the UN about America's racial divide regarding the Ferguson incident.

Instead of a leader and uniter, he has time and time again done the opposite, further dividing Americans among racial and socioeconomic lines. His remarks about people clinging to their God and guns was a major hit to any progress in that region.

Between Obama and Holder, they have not only squandered numerous unique opportunities to improve race relations, they've done significant damage to what progress has been made as far as I'm concerned. The following polls are indicative that a good many feel similar...

Isn't justice supposed to be color blind.

Poll from November 3rd

Similar poll from December 3-5

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/arti ... s-election

ETA for a laugh:

Attachments

• rr113.jpg
    rr113.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 34
  • rr123.jpg
    rr123.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 34
Status