AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Raffles from a members perspective

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The raffles I've entered have been for a combination of supporting a model and thinking the prizes were decent. As far as prizes go, things that are exclusive or give me a bit of a special feeling (like baked goods or favorite items) are most enticing to me personally. I also highly appreciate digital because of the instantaneous part of it. Instant gratification is great. Then again, the excitement of seeing the box/package waiting after getting home from work is pretty nifty too.

I've started avoiding raffles with just one or a few big prize(s)... especially if tickets are over 100 tokens. I feel better about something I can toss a few tickets into and maybe hope for the top prize , have a decent chance at a consolation prize, and if all else fails, it was fun and I helped out a pretty cool model. I don't tend to be naturally lucky with things like that (though I do tend to be naturally lucky at getting out of speeding tickets... so I'll take that) so the big prize raffles like for iPods, laptops, or dates tend to cause me more anxiety than anything else.

That said, I did win one big prize once. It was a fucking amazing feeling. I felt like I might burst from excitement.

I'm usually not that excited about raffles, but I'll participate if it's a model I want to support anyway. Yeah, it's almost always when I would have tipped even without the raffle. I guess I'm not much help in choosing what sort of prizes to give -- generally I don't care if I win; I'm just chipping in. I enjoy things most when a model leads with her personality rather than a gimmick, although I do understand these things can be moneymakers.

Reactions: PinkiePixi
God dammit! I love filling out tickets so much... I'm getting raffle fever but I have nothing! Raffle for raffle tickets? :lol:

JoleneBrody said:
God dammit! I love filling out tickets so much... I'm getting raffle fever but I have nothing! Raffle for raffle tickets? :lol:

Spinning the pink prize wheel is fun too, and I love the sound it makes when it's spinning. The spiral in the middle is almost hypnotizing.
http://www.amazon.com/Dry-Erase-Tableto ... rize+wheel

My son is like "Can I come in your room and spin the wheel one time? Ooh, you got Nordling's name on there again!" :lol:

HarmlessSquirrel said:
I enjoy things most when a model leads with her personality rather than a gimmick, although I do understand these things can be moneymakers.

What exactly do you mean by "leads with her personality?" Can you give an example of how that would be done?

I_Am_Iris said:
HarmlessSquirrel said:
I enjoy things most when a model leads with her personality rather than a gimmick, although I do understand these things can be moneymakers.

What exactly do you mean by "leads with her personality?" Can you give an example of how that would be done?
The simple reply to his comment is something like
"Personality is great but it doesn't always pay the bills on its own."

:lol:

I_Am_Iris said:
HarmlessSquirrel said:

You do it regularly. I mean just hang out and chat and be yourself, even if you've got a promotion going on.

AmberCutie said:

I did say I understand that those things can be moneymakers. I'm not expecting anyone to do exactly what I want; I'm just giving my point of view as to what's enjoyable. Basically, I don't really think games or raffles in a cam room tend to be much fun, so if I take part it's usually just because I want to tip anyway. If you do better by doing those things, I don't expect you to stop just because of my opinion.

dang I'd love to just sit and chat away, laugh my butt off with some of the fun guys that go in my room..
Been there, done that.. and my camscore fell so quickly (plus, not many tips)

':woops:

But really really really wish I could afford the "hang out" time.. maybe someday :)

Reactions: Gen
AmberCutie said:
I_Am_Iris said:
HarmlessSquirrel said:

:lol:

See, I'd say the same thing about the sexy stuff :) It's great and can clearly make a model a lot of money but if the personality's not there, how many of the people watching that show or buying those videos or trying to wion that content are gonna come back? And how many people are already in the room waiting for that public show to happen because of the personality of the performer?

I dunno, maybe I'm overstating the importance of personality here, but for me it feels like just as big a part of a model's success (or lack thereof) as their looks and their shows. One without the other probably isn't gonna be enough to make a real go of things in camland. It's the looks and the shows that draw members in, but it's the personalities that keep them coming back once the shows have finished and the tits have been packed away for the night :twocents-02cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.