AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Random PMs from models you don't know...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2011
Just wanted to vent a little today...

I was talking with a few models I know, and this one model that I don't know kept PMing me. Always "hey bb." I never answered. Later, I had my cam on with one friend viewing, and she turned my cam on and PMed me again with "want to cum with me bb?" And I was just sitting there smoking a cig...

God, I seriously hate that shit.

If I'm in a model's room, then I don't mind if she PMs me with a question, as long as it isn't "want pvt bb?" or something. Much like I'm sure most models don't just want to get random PMs from members they don't know.

But, at the same time, I don't want to set my PMs to friends only, in case I am in a room with a model that I have never visited and we decide to discuss a private or something else. I think it's annoying to have to add her to that list just to discuss something then possibly remove her after the conversation is done. Much in the same way I'm sure it's annoying for models.

The thing that gets me is, where do these random PMs come from? Can models see a list of who's currently online, member wise? Because it's not the first time this has happened, and I'm sure it won't be the last (though it has slowed down since the Asian Page was removed). Either that or do they have members looking at popular rooms and letting them know who is tipping in those rooms? That could be the case for today, as we were doing a b-day celebration for a model, and I was tipping her for her b-day activities... and at one point she was the second most popular room.

Obviously, if my cam is on, I already know there's a members on cam list that can be accessed by members... and I'm sure models have that access, too.

Now, it's a little different in some cases. Like the day I saw CassieRamone turn my cam on while I was being boring, and I gave a funny PM to her and we've been talking back and forth ever since. She just decided to look, and I already knew who she was, so I sent the PM to be funny. And Cassie has been nothing but cool in our mini-convos. It's not like she sent me a PM asking about a private or anything, without me knowing who she was. It all worked out good for both of us... fun and a little tipping to her here and there.

I'm sure the regular models on this site don't do or condone such actions... but it makes me wonder why some models think randomly PMing members is going to get them any action.

UncleThursday said:
Just wanted to vent a little today...

I was talking with a few models I know, and this one model that I don't know kept PMing me. Always "hey bb." I never answered. Later, I had my cam on with one friend viewing, and she turned my cam on and PMed me again with "want to cum with me bb?" And I was just sitting there smoking a cig...

God, I seriously hate that shit.

If I'm in a model's room, then I don't mind if she PMs me with a question, as long as it isn't "want pvt bb?" or something. Much like I'm sure most models don't just want to get random PMs from members they don't know.

But, at the same time, I don't want to set my PMs to friends only, in case I am in a room with a model that I have never visited and we decide to discuss a private or something else. I think it's annoying to have to add her to that list just to discuss something then possibly remove her after the conversation is done. Much in the same way I'm sure it's annoying for models.

The thing that gets me is, where do these random PMs come from? Can models see a list of who's currently online, member wise? Because it's not the first time this has happened, and I'm sure it won't be the last (though it has slowed down since the Asian Page was removed). Either that or do they have members looking at popular rooms and letting them know who is tipping in those rooms? That could be the case for today, as we were doing a b-day celebration for a model, and I was tipping her for her b-day activities... and at one point she was the second most popular room.

Obviously, if my cam is on, I already know there's a members on cam list that can be accessed by members... and I'm sure models have that access, too.

Now, it's a little different in some cases. Like the day I saw CassieRamone turn my cam on while I was being boring, and I gave a funny PM to her and we've been talking back and forth ever since. She just decided to look, and I already knew who she was, so I sent the PM to be funny. And Cassie has been nothing but cool in our mini-convos. It's not like she sent me a PM asking about a private or anything, without me knowing who she was. It all worked out good for both of us... fun and a little tipping to her here and there.

I'm sure the regular models on this site don't do or condone such actions... but it makes me wonder why some models think randomly PMing members is going to get them any action.
I have seen the list of webcams only when I'm logged on to my premium account, not my model account.

Some models may be browsing the home page in more popular rooms and PMing people. They have no need for other members to do it for them.

Your exact situation is talked about a great deal, but on the other side of the fence: models who don't want to turn PMs to friend-only, but are tired of getting flooded by idiot members. So far, I've heard lots of models say they were very happy when they turned off PMs, and none who said they regretted it.

It doesn't seem like that much trouble to me to add and remove models from your friends list. Or, instead of letting a model repeatedly send you messages until you get pissed off, tell her to leave you alone the first time.

I've seen it happen quite frequently, where a member drops a few tokens in a models room (or is at least being talkative and supportive in a somewhat popular/high-camscore models room) and gets a random model in PM trying to get their attention.

The lazy models seem to camp out as a guest in some rooms and watch for good premiums, then PM them via their model account to try and entice them to spend money on them, since they've seen them tip in the other models' rooms and such.

I have no qualms about calling these models lazy and whatnot, because it's downright ridiculous to "poach" members from other models' rooms. If you do this as an MFC model, you're fucking lazy and may want to look for another avenue of income aside from being a cam girl. Your sales skills are lacking if you need to latch on to people who are spending their well earned cash on other girls. Find a better way to get traffic and market yourself better, or quit.

kkthxbai

/end rant

Oh, did I mention I hate it when models on MFC do this? :D

nancy_raygun said:
My question is, do member actually fall for that? I've had regulars tell me about that and 10/10 they've ignored the poacher-model-person. I want to know if a member goes, "Oh, okay cool. I'll just go over here then."
I've talked to some members where I would not be surprised that they did fall for it.

These messages smack of discounts, cheap shows, and desperate models; if a guy is looking for an easy cheap wank and not to spend quality time with a model, he might be strayed by a message and convince her to sharpie in pooper.

I've had this also and it does seem to correlate with "tipping parties." As U.T. said, much less frequently since the asian side closed. Now tho it appears to have gone south of the border to the Colombianas. I see no reason to engage them or have any conversation. I simply iggy them.

Unsolicited PMs from random models are without a shadow of a doubt the most annoying thing on MFC

"Hey BB HRU" :lol:

I have found that if I go into a model's room that doesn't have many people in it, I get a PM from the model. It does seem to be the foreign models that do this though. It seems kind of weird to me, since if the room is basically empty, why not just say hi in the normal chat...

Reactions: 1 person
SoTxBob said:
I've had this also and it does seem to correlate with "tipping parties." As U.T. said, much less frequently since the asian side closed. Now tho it appears to have gone south of the border to the Colombianas. I see no reason to engage them or have any conversation. I simply iggy them.

Actually, this one's menu said she was in Russia. She looked caucasian, too, not hispanic. And I know a few Russian models who are great models to chill with and tip and such. So I know it isn't a normal Russian thing, that I've seen.

Also, her camscore was just under 3k. So I don't even see why she would need to try and poach members. With a ~3k camscore, a model is going to pretty much always be on the 1st page, and fairly high up on the first page, too. I've seen the first page have models in the 600s or so camscore, still. So ~3k is definitely going to be higher on the page.

And, yes, I suppose you could call it a "tipping party". The model's birthday is technically tomorrow, but I think she is taking the day off, so we celebrated today. There were a few bouts of yellow walls, so I guess "tipping party" is appropriate.

Oh, and I should mention, it's not like I was dropping a ton of tokens. In total I only dropped about 400 tokens before I was out for my pay period at work. So, it's not like she saw me dropping thousands per tip or some shit. Just a bunch of smaller tips that ended up being around 400 or so in the end.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Wendsor said:
just ignore them :naughty:
not set to friends only, then yes, iggy du bitch!

I feel your pain. One time I was halfway through a longish private when I started getting a barrage of PMs from a model I didn't know. I just ignored it and focused on the private, but checked it afterwards to see a good 5-6 "Hello BB?" messages. :p

dustinxxxizzle said:
I feel your pain. One time I was halfway through a longish private when I started getting a barrage of PMs from a model I didn't know. I just ignored it and focused on the private, but checked it afterwards to see a good 5-6 "Hello BB?" messages. :p
If you hold two mirrors on either side of your screen, read the PM backwords and chant "Shiboleet" once for each syllable in the model's name, the spirit of someone you knew once but died without you knowing will reach through the heavens and punch her in her most sensitive ovary.

You could make sure your tokens & points are hidden too! A new premium in my room last week was complaining about all these random girls messaging him and asking him to take her pvt ect. Once he hid his info he got disturbed a lot less!!

LaylaLux said:
You could make sure your tokens & points are hidden too! A new premium in my room last week was complaining about all these random girls messaging him and asking him to take her pvt ect. Once he hid his info he got disturbed a lot less!!

I had actually never thought of that!

Sometimes the answer is right in front of your eyes :lol: I'm gonna change my settings now!

Cheers!

LaylaLux said:

I hide my tokens. Not my points.

When talking to models I have never talked to, I know they want to check the points/tokens part. So, for example, if I am discussing a potential private with her, she probably wants to see how many points I have to see if I can live up to the at least 15 mins I normally do.

But I do hide my tokens, because once I stopped showing my tokens, even wen the Asian page was around, I got a lot less random "pvt bb?" PMs.

UncleThursday said:

ohhhhyeeeah. BB. u want we go pvt now bb?

Hahaha! You were talking about always having your cam on on the forum somewhere so i added you to my FL lol. i keep catching my homies mid-churk. I always feel half guilty, like, should I turn this cam off or continue watching... Hmm... IF they see me watching they might think im a pervert... Wait... They already know that. But they might be creeped out. But if i close it right away maybe they will think i judged them and lose their bonie. Man. Im gonna have to just take a hint from the clearly endearing "hey bb u want 2 cum w me in pvt show?" to break the ice. :p

you rock btw, mr thursday
(and sweetiebatman a few posts down)
(and everyone else on the whole forum in general)

Am I the only one that had an evil giggle at picturing members receiving obnoxious, time wasting pms? Hehehe. It's nice to know that the door of rudeness, desperation and greed swings both ways. It is a little pathetic on a models part to chase tokens that hard. Open tokens bb? :whistle:

Reactions: LailaBaise
CassieRamone said:
But if i close it right away maybe they will think i judged them and lose their bonie.

When ever my cam is on and I see the flicker letting me know a model turned it on and then off as fast as possible I just feel ugly.

JickyJuly said:
Am I the only one that had an evil giggle at picturing members receiving obnoxious, time wasting pms? Hehehe. It's nice to know that the door of rudeness, desperation and greed swings both ways. It is a little pathetic on a models part to chase tokens that hard. Open tokens bb? :whistle:

Setting PMs to friends only is the only way you can have fun on MFC. If I had to ban rude models one at a time I would have already quit. I have had a lot of models, before I changed my settings, who did not understand what being busy means. Looking back they remind me of the people who send PMs during models public shows, as if they have time to read or respond to them.

UncleThursday said:
If I am discussing a potential private with her, she probably wants to see how many points I have to see if I can live up to the at least 15 mins I normally do.

But I do hide my tokens, because once I stopped showing my tokens, even wen the Asian page was around, I got a lot less random "pvt bb?" PMs.

When a guy (new to my room) wants to go private, I look at his token amount. The number of points he has doesn't matter to me. He could have 5,000 points and be down to his last 90 tokens, and 90 tokens is not enough for a member and model to enjoy a good private session. You'd be surprised how many guys I've had in my room who tried to take me private with only like 100 tokens in their account. :woops:

Also, why don't you set your PMs to friends list only?

Reactions: WickedTouch
The_Brown_Fox said:
You'd be surprised how many guys I've had in my room who tried to take me private with only like 100 tokens in their account. :woops:

Having read about and seen so many random acts of stupidity by members on MFC, I think you'd be surprised at how unsurprised I'd be by how many guys have tried to take you private with less than 100 tokens in their account, bb :)

Heh... I couldn't imagine taking my PMs off friends only even as a member. I used to get so many random messages. Most were other members thinking the name Mirra sounded like a chick (and wanting some female attention from a premium they didn't have to tip... cheapskates). In fact at first I made a profile for that very reason hoping if it said I was male I would get less messages. It didn't work. Less commonly I would get the models PMing me wanting me to come to their room or some such typically after some decent tipping in another room. The poachers (as Amber called them) really are pathetic.

It's not that I'm strict about adding people to friends. If someone wants to ask some questions either privately or just without interrupting a room's chat, I have no problem adding them to friends temporarily. If they start getting annoying, I can always remove them though and get some peace. :D

I asked once, and apparently there's a studio that has me on a list of people to PM. Yay.

Usually if I get a model PMing me asking for a pvt I tell her sure, but it's a 300 token minimum to have a pvt with me. :-D

The_Brown_Fox said:
UncleThursday said:
If I am discussing a potential private with her, she probably wants to see how many points I have to see if I can live up to the at least 15 mins I normally do.

When a guy (new to my room) wants to go private, I look at his token amount. The number of points he has doesn't matter to me. He could have 5,000 points and be down to his last 90 tokens, and 90 tokens is not enough for a member and model to enjoy a good private session. You'd be surprised how many guys I've had in my room who tried to take me private with only like 100 tokens in their account. :woops:

Also, why don't you set your PMs to friends list only?

Pfff 5k points. 19762 bibi. :p

Wait, that means I spend way too much on the site... :woops:

CassieRamone said:
UncleThursday said:

ohhhhyeeeah. BB. u want we go pvt now bb?

Hahaha! You were talking about always having your cam on on the forum somewhere so i added you to my FL lol. i keep catching my homies mid-churk. I always feel half guilty, like, should I turn this cam off or continue watching... Hmm... IF they see me watching they might think im a pervert... Wait... They already know that. But they might be creeped out. But if i close it right away maybe they will think i judged them and lose their bonie. Man. Im gonna have to just take a hint from the clearly endearing "hey bb u want 2 cum w me in pvt show?" to break the ice. :p

you rock btw, mr thursday
(and sweetiebatman a few posts down)
(and everyone else on the whole forum in general)

Cassie has never seen me fapping. She'd die laughing if she did from the tininess of me. :p

She has, however, seen me sleep. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.