AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

re-sale of private shows on third party platforms

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2022
Hi, I am considering becoming a model. I would like to know if it is within stripchats rules to sell my own private shows on another platform?

Hi, I am considering becoming a model. I would like to know if it is within stripchats rules to sell my own private shows on another platform?

Hey @legalname
We would love to have you on our team should you decide to join us.

Please note that users and models cannot download saved videos for the security/confidentiality of all who are using our site. It is also forbidden to sell SC content on other platforms.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at any time and I would be happy to assist you further. charlie@stripchat.com

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Hey @legalname

Please note that users and models cannot download saved videos for the security/confidentiality of all who are using our site. It is also forbidden to sell SC content on other platforms.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at any time and I would be happy to assist you further. charlie@stripchat.com
thank you very much for the clarification!

Upvote 0
Do SC models not own their own streams?

Is it possible to reupload with names edited out?

Upvote 0
Hey @legalname

also if i were to remove "stripchat" watermark at the bottom of video, would re-upload then become permissible?

Upvote 0
It is also forbidden to sell SC content on other platforms.
Oh wow, I find this surprising. This is different from MFC/CB because

Do SC models not own their own streams?
they give us the rights to our content, and only claim copyright if we ask them to DMCA stuff for us

Wondering why it's different on SC.

Upvote 0
also if i were to remove "stripchat" watermark at the bottom of video, would re-upload then become permissible?

I am guessing definitely not.
The fact will still remain: they were performed and recorded ON Stripchat.

You can't just remove a watermark and it make it ok, for anything.

Upvote 0
I am guessing definitely not.
The fact will still remain: they were performed and recorded ON Stripchat.

You can't just remove a watermark and it make it ok, for anything.
Is the stripchat watermark on the feed only on the member side? Because if a model is using OBS and records directly from that then their recording isn't technically the same stream and should be able to be reused.

Upvote 0
Is the stripchat watermark on the feed only on the member side? Because if a model is using OBS and records directly from that then their recording isn't technically the same stream and should be able to be reused.

I just looked in My Collection, and yes each video has the SC watermark on them for me as a user.

@Charlie_SC While looking at my collection videos, I have noticed that for some reason they have all been rotated anti-clockwise by 90 degrees. Not sure why this is?
It's the recorded private show ones that are rotated. I have 2 other videos that were purchased, and they are fine/normal.

Upvote 0
I was wondering about this also. I am wondering is @Charlie_SC referring to videos recorded by the SC site (for example users have the option of paying for a recording of a model's public show, if they allow it), as opposed to something the model records through OBS.

Also, @Charlie_SC , with private shows, if recording is activated by the model, "normal " private says something like "You get a recording of this show". But on Exclusive private it says "ONLY you get a recording" (my emphasis) Implying that for "normal" private the model gets a recording also.

If that is the case, why give the model a recording they cannot use?

Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
I was wondering about this also. I am wondering is @Charlie_SC referring to videos recorded by the SC site (for example users have the option of paying for a recording of a model's public show, if they allow it), as opposed to something the model records through OBS.
Oooh good point... maybe the rule @Charlie_SC noted is for users who get a recording of their private shows. Obviously they are not allowed to post it somewhere, but models recording it on their own should be able to do with it what they please.

Upvote 0

Also, @Charlie_SC , with private shows, if recording is activated by the model, "normal " private says something like "You get a recording of this show". But on Exclusive private it says "ONLY you get a recording" (my emphasis) Implying that for "normal" private the model gets a recording also.

If that is the case, why give the model a recording they cannot use?

Many models will upload the recordings from private shows into their gallery, either making them PPV or for Fan Club users, so they are being used - it's whether or not the model wishes to make it so, in this instance at least

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.