AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Receiving DMCA Counter Notice+Google DMCA Takedown

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2021
Hello all,

Since I haven't received much luck with receiving any response from CB to help me file the DMCA takedowns, I went to the next best option which was to do a Google search copyright removal/DMCA takedown, which is essentially just removing the websites I'm on from appearing in the search results temporarily. It doesn't actually take down any content. I filled out the DMCA takedown through Google a few days ago and have just received a counter notice from two site that I'm pretty sure aren't in the US. I am almost completely sure these counter notices are fake because they are from countries that most likely don't respect U.S. laws (and also just because I know CB and myself are the owners of the videos). Nonetheless, they have since been successful in reinstating their websites back onto the Google search page.
However, I don't want to be naive so my first question is: could these counter notices possibly be real even though I am the owner of the videos and these sites aren't even from the U.S, and most likely don't respect U.S. copyright laws?

Another question I had (which is due to my fear that those counter notices could possibly be real) is:
Since I did also include these non U.S. websites in the DMCA takedowns I requested through CB--- if CB ever miraculously did email me back about the DMCA takedowns and finally started filing them, would that piss off those non-U.S. websites in which I've already tried to file a takedown with through Google? Like since they are getting more than one DMCA takedown filed against them from the same person (even though one failed), would they do anything to try and intimidate/blackmail me?
Like even though I know for a fact these are my videos, I'm still not an expert in the details of copyright laws. And I just don't know if it's dangerous that I filed a second DMCA takedown to a site that has already sent me a counter notice (in which I'm not sure how to respond to since I don't have a lawyer).

Thank you so much.

Hello all,

Since I haven't received much luck with receiving any response from CB to help me file the DMCA takedowns, I went to the next best option which was to do a Google search copyright removal/DMCA takedown, which is essentially just removing the websites I'm on from appearing in the search results temporarily. It doesn't actually take down any content. I filled out the DMCA takedown through Google a few days ago and have just received a counter notice from two site that I'm pretty sure aren't in the US. I am almost completely sure these counter notices are fake because they are from countries that most likely don't respect U.S. laws (and also just because I know CB and myself are the owners of the videos). Nonetheless, they have since been successful in reinstating their websites back onto the Google search page.
However, I don't want to be naive so my first question is: could these counter notices possibly be real even though I am the owner of the videos and these sites aren't even from the U.S, and most likely don't respect U.S. copyright laws?

Another question I had (which is due to my fear that those counter notices could possibly be real) is:
Since I did also include these non U.S. websites in the DMCA takedowns I requested through CB--- if CB ever miraculously did email me back about the DMCA takedowns and finally started filing them, would that piss off those non-U.S. websites in which I've already tried to file a takedown with through Google? Like since they are getting more than one DMCA takedown filed against them from the same person (even though one failed), would they do anything to try and intimidate/blackmail me?
Like even though I know for a fact these are my videos, I'm still not an expert in the details of copyright laws. And I just don't know if it's dangerous that I filed a second DMCA takedown to a site that has already sent me a counter notice (in which I'm not sure how to respond to since I don't have a lawyer).

Thank you so much.
I'm very sorry to hear about the lack of your response to your emails. Please provide the ticket number and I will pass it along to Support.

I'm very sorry to hear about the lack of your response to your emails. Please provide the ticket number and I will pass it along to Support.
Hi punker barbie, thank you so much for replying back and making sure I'm getting the support I need omg :h: It's such a funny coincidence because after I haven't received any responses from the Chaturbate support team after more than a week, I went to email Shirley for the first time just few days ago and finally got a response literally today after I posted this. I received an email saying to send the URLS to the actual videos and image address URLS and I just sent them. However, I'm still not sure how long I will get a response from that specific email. Will I get a confirmation that the DMCA takedown process is in action?
Thank you so much for offering the help!! If I don't get a response in a week, then I'll let you know :h:

@angelbaby1 - if counter notification is fwd by a legit entity then its not a fake one.
We too must take action when Google + DMCA send us notifications of content removal, in our particular case is about usernames... webcam performers use the same user name on our website for registration like the one used on Chaturbate (100% Chaturbate users file complains and request takedowns)
Our platform doesn't host/upload/distribute video files (as for uploaded images by users, used in their own designs, all media is private library full control by user, no public output) -- so we are advised and entitled to send all relevant details and file a counter (the disputed URL)
Our service is not based on US but we comply with all laws EU/US and moral ones too...
So the entity (in this particular case Google) replies and fwd the counter notification from our behalf to both agent who initiated the complaint representing the webcam performer and to webcam performer
(so you don't need a layer --- unless the situation is escalating, meaning, if the affected service, website is pressing charges)

As described in 17 U.S.C. 512(g), we will forward the counter notification to the complainant. If we do not receive notice that the complainant has brought a court action within 10 business days, we will reinstate the material in question.

In my reply I've showed you what's on the other end of this unfortunate situation, not the fake one but what could happen.
Our service is a supportive one and we do understand webcam performer's situation so we have never escalated/press charges but it is a good idea to read this topic because not all guys are cool like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.