AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Recording sites getting more sophisticated?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Southeastern USA
A discussion came up in my favorite model's room last night about her finding recordings of her streams on several sites. Afterwards she sent me a link to one such site and I gave it a look. After performing a few more searches using her model name, I found dozens of sites that were posting recordings of her public shows. Yes, I know this is the nature of the beast in this industry, but something stuck out as being odd in relation to what these sites were displaying information wise.

Many of these sites are also displaying information from her bio tab. So either these recording bots are becoming more sophisticated in what information they are able to pull from a model's page, or someone is doing it manually, which I doubt considering the number of models I'm seeing on these sites. Are these actual bots, or could there be some shenanigan's going on with improper use of the API for these recording sites to accomplish this?

The sheer number of recording sites, and models affected by this, is a lot worse than I thought.

A discussion came up in my favorite model's room last night about her finding recordings of her streams on several sites. Afterwards she sent me a link to one such site and I gave it a look. After performing a few more searches using her model name, I found dozens of sites that were posting recordings of her public shows. Yes, I know this is the nature of the beast in this industry, but something stuck out as being odd in relation to what these sites were displaying information wise.

Many of these sites are also displaying information from her bio tab. So either these recording bots are becoming more sophisticated in what information they are able to pull from a model's page, or someone is doing it manually, which I doubt considering the number of models I'm seeing on these sites. Are these actual bots, or could there be some shenanigan's going on with improper use of the API for these recording sites to accomplish this?

The sheer number of recording sites, and models affected by this, is a lot worse than I thought.

The api does not contain the bio, nor does it contain the specifics of the video so in order to record the video in the first place the software they use must load the page. Since they are loading the page anyway there is nothing really more advance about the extraction of the bio text and its likely done for seo purposes.

Upvote 0
If it can be seen or heard on a web page, scraping the info off and/or recording said web page is not that complicated to automate.

I have broadcast and rarely have more than 15-20 users at peak, and quite a few of mine are recorded. I am going to assume that pretty much any non-private/non-password'ed show are being recorded.

If you run one of the bots to block anonymous users that may reduce the recording as I would suspect they don't use named accounts as those names accounts would rather quickly get blocked/banned by all of the services for viewing an unreasonable number of cams at the same time and costing them money and using up their bandwidth. But I could be wrong and they could have 1000's of named accounts for this purpose.

Upvote 0
The model in question broadcasts on 4 different sites at the same time. There were -zero- search results that had videos(or the same bio info) from the other 3 sites(SC, BONGA and Camsoda). Only CB seems to be affected by the majority of these recording sites. Yes, I know it's one of, if not the largest target out there, but SC is right up there in popularity now. So what could SC be doing that CB isn't?

Upvote 0
I think it quite simply boils down to the fact CB is older and was always the most popular sites, these people who developed the bots clearly make money so they don't "need" to focus so much attention on other sites to make them as big, plus because CB is older and was so popular, this gave a lot more sites to be created to record it. I think that is the key thing, unfortunately.

Reactions: cexmental
Upvote 0

Last time I looked into pirate sites, One Pirate had a network had thousands of domains. And clearly had hundreds of domains sitting in reserve.

It's a huge waste of time. There are so many better things to do with your time.

Upvote 0
I suspect they're not getting any more sophisticated, but that whenever sites change something that stops auto-recording, the software coders just find a workaround that solves it for them.
As for the bio info, perhaps having that on the recorded site lends some credibility (makes it seem more like a legit page?) so that at least some don't recognise it as piracy?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.