AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Reliability of private-recordings on cb - recordings not available in the collection

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2020
Hello,

I've had more than 100 private shows on chaturbate with activated recording option in the past, and every single time, the recording was in my collection at least 10 minutes after the end of the private show. But now for the first time a private-recording didn't show up in my collection (and also the green "a recording was saved in the collection"-notice didn't show up in the public chat).

What would interest me:

Is this a common problem anyone of you knows? As I said, I never had this problem before, and until last weekend, I had complete confidence that the recording-option at cb works reliable. I'm a little unsure now.

And is there anyone of you with enough computer science knowledge who can tell me whether the hope is at all promising that the private recording will come into my collection? Or is the probability significantly higher that the recording does not exist in the database or that it only exists defective?

Since it was a rather special and expensive private show, I don't want to give up "without a struggle". On the other hand, I'm not sure whether it is even promising to get on the nerves of the support sustainably... Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a "quick" solution. At least I haven't received any feedback within more than 2 days that would suggest that someone from the support has dealt with this topic to some extent. "Wait 24-48 hours, maybe it will take a little longer" was the first response, and to the second e-mail a day later I received no answer at all within 24 hours...

And if you think that probably the recording-function was not activated: it was. I was 99.9% sure that I noticed that it was activated when I requested the pvt. The model also confirmed this to me one day afterwards (and I have no reason to doubt that, because up to now she had activated the recording function in every pvt). And I also verified shortly after the show, when the recording was not in my collection, that her configuration "\u0022allow_show_recordings\u0022" was "true" and not "false". So I'm 100% sure that the recording function was enabled when the private started.

Hello,

I've had more than 100 private shows on chaturbate with activated recording option in the past, and every single time, the recording was in my collection at least 10 minutes after the end of the private show. But now for the first time a private-recording didn't show up in my collection (and also the green "a recording was saved in the collection"-notice didn't show up in the public chat).

What would interest me:

Is this a common problem anyone of you knows? As I said, I never had this problem before, and until last weekend, I had complete confidence that the recording-option at cb works reliable. I'm a little unsure now.

And is there anyone of you with enough computer science knowledge who can tell me whether the hope is at all promising that the private recording will come into my collection? Or is the probability significantly higher that the recording does not exist in the database or that it only exists defective?

Since it was a rather special and expensive private show, I don't want to give up "without a struggle". On the other hand, I'm not sure whether it is even promising to get on the nerves of the support sustainably... Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a "quick" solution. At least I haven't received any feedback within more than 2 days that would suggest that someone from the support has dealt with this topic to some extent. "Wait 24-48 hours, maybe it will take a little longer" was the first response, and to the second e-mail a day later I received no answer at all within 24 hours...

And if you think that probably the recording-function was not activated: it was. I was 99.9% sure that I noticed that it was activated when I requested the pvt. The model also confirmed this to me one day afterwards (and I have no reason to doubt that, because up to now she had activated the recording function in every pvt). And I also verified shortly after the show, when the recording was not in my collection, that her configuration "\u0022allow_show_recordings\u0022" was "true" and not "false". So I'm 100% sure that the recording function was enabled when the private started.

You said it was a special/expensive show. Was it unusually long? I’m just wondering if the length of the recording might have increased the chances of a technical failure.

I’ve never had a private recording fail to show up in my collection on CB when the model allowed recordings, so I’m not sure what happened tbh.

Is it possible there was a brief problem with her account around the time she did the private show that caused a glitch? Like a warning or a temporary ban or something?

Or if you have a really large CB private show collection, maybe there’s some kind of behind-the-scenes data limit per user that you have finally reached? Just grasping here, but a few ideas to consider.

Upvote 0
Now I got the response that the recording could not be restored. But I received an appreciable compensation for it. Since the cb support is often criticized, I would like to emphasize this for the sake of completeness.

Reactions: Mila_ and DoD404
Upvote 0
You said it was a special/expensive show. Was it unusually long? I’m just wondering if the length of the recording might have increased the chances of a technical failure.

I’ve never had a private recording fail to show up in my collection on CB when the model allowed recordings, so I’m not sure what happened tbh.

Is it possible there was a brief problem with her account around the time she did the private show that caused a glitch? Like a warning or a temporary ban or something?

Or if you have a really large CB private show collection, maybe there’s some kind of behind-the-scenes data limit per user that you have finally reached? Just grasping here, but a few ideas to consider.

Thank you for your feedback! It was also was my apprehension that the length might be the reason and that it possibly reached a limit or anything like this. I don't know the reason, but I think it would be helpful to take a short break / restart after several hours to be on the safe side ;-)
And to emphasize once again: I've also never had this problem before, and I've had several long (that means several hours) private shows before that. So I assume (and hope) that it was a really rare exception.

Upvote 0
It could also possible depending on length + quality.
If it's a 1080p recording, obviously it's going to potentially be a HUGE file if it's hours long.

I have never had one not show/save but I have had some not display the "recording has been saved" message, and it does not show that at all, so then it would "worry" me. But it would instantly be in my collection.

Upvote 0
Same here, but it showed up in the collection nevertheless.
Longest pvt recording I have now is 2h 55m in 1080p, and I think it was available after less than a minute.

View attachment 85740

Slightly off topic, but I am always surprised when people talk about multi-hour private shows. When I buy a private show, they average out at around 20-30 minutes. The longest was about 48 minutes and it felt like overkill.

Reactions: Mila_ and DoD404
Upvote 0
All the other ones I had were around 45 minutes, so this one was a bit special. We ended up chatting and mostly forgot about the naughty stuff (mentioned somewhere else here), and next thing I know I'm out of tokens 🧐😅

Upvote 0
Slightly off topic, but I am always surprised when people talk about multi-hour private shows. When I buy a private show, they average out at around 20-30 minutes. The longest was about 48 minutes and it felt like overkill.

Mine would typically be that but some private shows just seem to go WAY too fast because it's extremely enjoyable with the model, especially if it's a model you visit/pvt regularly.
Some models are obviously an "expert" and wasting time (I mean to draw out the pvt for as long as possible - which I understand), some can take a bit longer because of many other things too. Or just, as I said, you can both be having fun and time literally just slips through your fingers and you're like "Oh shit, it's been that long already, woah". Also it could be the fact you haven't been able to have a pvt show with that specific model you love so much for a while so you have missed her, and just want a nice longer one.

Upvote 0
My last 5 privates weren't recorded. This seems to be a trend now. I'm finding models who allow recordings to be rare. Which is fine, I'm easy either way.

Some will charge extra for you to have it turned on. Some will only increase the pricing by +1 (so for example sake if their original pvt is 18/min if you want to record they will increase to 30/min).
It's never wrong or bad to ask, worst case scenario they say no. I think so long as you ask politely it's all good - you have never posted and come across as not nice or polite, so I have no doubt you'd be good about it. I do see a lot of guys being rude to models when they want a recording.

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
I leave it up the model. I rarely get around to watching recordings anyway.

I can't remember the last time I watched the recordings, but for me it's just a nice thing for "if" I want, or to "learn" from it. By that I mean was there something I really enjoyed seeing her do or not do? Did I miss her say/do something (believe it or not, even though I am fully engaged with the talking and watching, I do miss some good/important/fun/sexy things, and then when I watch back I am like "wtf how did I miss that".

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0

These are, at least for me, no "normal" private shows. It is more like having a nice evening with an enchanting girl. Of course with eroticism, but also with conversation and possibly even dinner. And of course not the first or the second time, but after several private shows it can happen that a private show of this kind comes up, which lasts a little longer.

My last 5 privates weren't recorded. This seems to be a trend now. I'm finding models who allow recordings to be rare. Which is fine, I'm easy either way.

Just to clarify: of course there are models who refuse the recording function or only activate it on request, possibly for an additional fee. In my case it was about the fact that the recording function was active, but nevertheless the recording did not appear in the collection.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.