AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Remote control webcams

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2010
Hi girls I was just wondering where can you purchase those remote control webcams. I see alot of eastern european girls use them but i was curious can u buy them in the uk ive looked at alot of places.

jebbaz said:
Amazon.com, but to be honest its usually a second operator, not a remote cam.
At my other site, remotes were mandatory. I think they relaxed a bit recently, but they still recommend them.

from what I've seen on MFC, girls whos cams move on their own usually have a camera operator.

Some models just use remotes for when they move to another side of the bed, or when they sit up, or zoom in etc. Others have a real knack of making it part of their show and they pan and zoom the camera very smoothly as they move which can be really fun to watch, but it means that they have the remote in their hand most of the time.

If you have the bucks to spare for a good remote control camera, they're great. Having an optical zoom makes a big difference, too. It will increase your options visually, but the controls take practice to master if you want to use it for anything but shifting the angle or zoom once in a while. If that's all you are doing, you have to really ask yourself if it's worth it.

Chrisb2k8 said:
Hi girls I was just wondering where can you purchase those remote control webcams. I see alot of eastern european girls use them but i was curious can u buy them in the uk ive looked at alot of places.
I am VERY anti-remote control cam for CAM Girls.. it makes you lazy and if you didn't have it you would have moved the logi-9000 where you wanted it faster and smoother anyway. you can't move the larger cams easily, there is no improvement in quality and they can cost 10 times as much. there is a strong agreement in the "what is the best cam" thread that models should use the logitech webcam pro 9000. it is cheap/high quality and fits in your hand. i has it own stand you can put it anywhere. if you spend 500 on a cam you should not do shower shows or road shows.. cause when it breaks your screwed.

Actually the reason most girls can't move an Evi around easily is because it's mounted to a cheap tripod instead of a good one where the bottom clips off with one button.

I move mine around just fine, and I can get shots a Logitech9000 couldn't say because I can't have a camera floating around the middle of my bed, where-as the Evi can zoom.

That, and the only motion blur that is visible is what you'd see with a naked eye too.

Just because life gets easier doesn't mean you get lazy. The only girls that get lazy are the ones who would lay still even if the camera was fixed.

AlexLady said:
Actually the reason most girls can't move an Evi around easily is because it's mounted to a cheap tripod instead of a good one where the bottom clips off with one button.

I move mine around just fine, and I can get shots a Logitech9000 couldn't say because I can't have a camera floating around the middle of my bed, where-as the Evi can zoom.

That, and the only motion blur that is visible is what you'd see with a naked eye too.

Just because life gets easier doesn't mean you get lazy. The only girls that get lazy are the ones who would lay still even if the camera was fixed.
when you watch someone like Audrey1 on Cinnabuns with the cam in and you think they have a camera man there.. those shots would not have with the Evi.
and Lazy is prolly not the word for a model looking for the remote in the seat cushions or sitting in one spot and zoom here and zoom there.. generally playing with the zoom takes longer and ooops a little too much oops a little to far out.. i know Alex can work her cam well and Alex does not sit.. but the remote cameras do encourage that.

If I got the remote camera....

1- for the first two months, I would be getting the hang of using it, so my activity would probably be about as much as now.

2- once I got the hang of it, I'm fairly sure I'd be a bit more active

then again, the biggest reason I'm glued to the screen is because I'm way too fucking blind to read the chat from across the room. blegh

AlexLady said:
Yeah - a model on MFC doesn't need more than 320x240 pixels because it's not supported.
Aye. On some sites you will see icons indicating that the model has an HD camera. Not on MFC. Also recall that the higher quality your image is, the more bandwidth you will require and the more vulnerable you will be to lag. For HD, you will need 800 kbps as an absolute minimum to have a reliable connection, and more is definitely recommended. Depending on your location and service plan, that could be a problem.

You can check your speed at http://www.speedtest.net/ and elsewhere. MFC's servers are in Seattle, IIRC.

I saw this and figured I'd post... I currently use a Canon vc-c50i cam. Its the same as the Sony but I was able to pick it up cheaper on ebay. It has a remote and I can stream in hd using adobe encoder 3 by setting the output to 640 x 480. Although its not true hd the pic is clear enough to make it look like it.

BTW the Pan Tilt Zoom is awesome!

Also just a note to girls - your bandwidth on MFC is not your actual bandwidth. I have always had awesome internet speeds (over 4kb/sec on download and 24kb/s on upload,) but when I had a logitech my bandwidth was usually around 600, and tended to be between 400-800. Now with my new camera it's usually around 800 with a range of 700-1200.

So MFC gives more bandwidth to girls who can use it; not just because of their connection but because of the data sent... even though they only use so much of the data.

i use the logitech pro sphere ms.. and to be honest the remote control is handy but you still have to use the keyboard... (atleast i think so)
and also there are cheaper cams that have better video quality... like the logitech pro 9000
its all depends in what you want... video quality.. move easier... better mic...

there is no perfect cam and the sony evi doesnt seem much better the logitech sphere...
logitech sphere: around 130 dollars...
sony evi: around 5000 dollars.....
logitech pro 9000: around 70 dolars...

i know when i see a logitech 9000 the video quality is pretty good

The Sony EVI cams are on the high end and the logitech's on the lower end.

I understand from the girls end, if they're playing they don't want to have to hold a camera to get a good zoom.

So another option is to use something like the powerpod, that gives you pan and tilt options and then mount a camcorder you can get all the features from $500-$1000 depending which cam you go with. The prices of camcorders have dropped alot and most have awesome zooms on them.

http://www.trackerpod.com/TCamWeb/powerpod.htm

This link has a list of sony cams that support lanc so it will control the zoom as well.
http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/powerpod_lanc.htm

Most decent camcorders are HD and come with a remote to control zoom, but its alot easier to have all that on one easy to use remote control. You see some studio girls using two remotes, one to control the pan/tilt the other for the zoom on the cam.

But to use a camcorder as a webcam you will need a video capture card, they have usb video capture cards for use with laptops. Then you simply plug in the camcorder to the video capture card in the same way you would connect it to a TV.

Sound quality is another story, you often see girls using cheap $10 microphones.

Something like CAD U1 USB Dynamic Recording Microphone for $30 bucks is plug and play and will give much better sound.

http://www.amazon.com/CAD-U1-Dynamic-Re ... 78&sr=1-12

Reactions: Eva_Sunshine
Why has my computer gone from working webcam to not even recognizing the existence of a webcam? I have an Acer Aspire One laptop with a built in webcam, which is the Acer Crystal Eye Webcam. I was in the middle of a video chat and all of a sudden the video cut out, and it said i didn't have a camera, or that one could not be detected. First off, how in the world can a built in webcam not be detected by the computer? and secondly, how do i fix it?

ohmeega said:
Why has my computer gone from working webcam to not even recognizing the existence of a webcam? I have an Acer Aspire One laptop with a built in webcam, which is the Acer Crystal Eye Webcam. I was in the middle of a video chat and all of a sudden the video cut out, and it said i didn't have a camera, or that one could not be detected. First off, how in the world can a built in webcam not be detected by the computer? and secondly, how do i fix it?

I have no idea, but as a model, i would never dream of using a built in webcam unless my other options were bust and i couldn't get an IMMEDIATE replacement. You can guarantee that your feed at the other end will be pixel city. So any model watching you will feel like they're seeing you through angular fog...'is that a cock i see before me....ooooo, i have no idea...it could be a thumb or a sausage or a lump of modelling clay'...hmmmm horny...not.

DanielleJane said:
i know nobody has commented in a while but I seen this on QVC website and thought it was worth checking out...just dont know how legit it is.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view ... 01-000-000

I'd bet its a fairly grainy pic..more like a security cam. Also, Amazon and Best buy have it for less than QVC....
I know 1 girl that used the 'trackerpod' system for a few months with her vid camera. Then she stepped up to a D-70 Sony evi series, shopped around and found it brand new in box for $425. Says its like the difference between driving an old Vdub beetle and a new Cadillac. She has a good tripod for it and has little problem moving it around the house for bath shows etc. She does also have another cam for outside shows, I think she said a lifecam....

Jebbaz said:
from what I've seen on MFC, girls whos cams move on their own usually have a camera operator.
nah, most of them are holding remote controls lol.

I know he's long gone from the site but reading that I just couldn't resist - it's practically dripping with cliched stereotypes about European models lol.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Status
Not open for further replies.