AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Reselling Customs

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what's fair to price a video that's being resold. Should I do half the price of the custom, 1/4?
Models, what do you do?
And members, what do you think is fair?

What I do, and I think most models do, is sell it for whatever I would sell the video for if it were not a custom. That usually ends up being a bit more than 1/10th of what I charged for the custom in the first place.

I think unless a member has paid for it to be exclusive. I don't see an issue with re-selling them. Granted I do think there should be a bit of time between when the custom was provided and then when it was put out for re-sell. I think it is pretty awesome when a member has come up with a really hot/creative concept that the model may have not thought of before and ultimately she gets to share it with others. I've found most models have generally priced re-sold customs for around the same price as their normal videos or a little higher if the "length" is outside of their typical range. While not necessary, I have found that it is helpful if the description also indicates "if" a name is being used throughout.

As long as you are not saying the member's real name or his user name in the video, I think it can be sold for like half the original price.

Reactions: Kitty_Blue
I think models will give you the best answer for what they would list the price at.

As a member, there's a number of variables in play when it comes to a rare time I'll purchase a video. But, I would say that as long as it's relatively close to what your other videos are, it'd be okay. The only thing I would ask a model to consider is to give a few days between sending it to the person commissioning it, and your reselling of it.

I put it up and sell it for the normal price. I outline to the person customizing it that they'll pay $x by gift card, and that I put it up for the regular price when it's ready. They purchase it at the same price as anyone else. They just pay to be the person who created the plan. If they know all that before paying anything, there won't be bad feelings. A lot of customs sell better than anything I come up with. Not reselling would be a pretty big loss.

As long as you are not saying the member's real name or his user name in the video, I think it can be sold for like half the original price.

Why do you think that is? A friend has mentioned if it's a custom where she repeats the person's name, and its common, she puts their name in the title. More people with that name are more likely to buy it.

Why do you think that is? A friend has mentioned if it's a custom where she repeats the person's name, and its common, she puts their name in the title. More people with that name are more likely to buy it.

I've been doing customs for YEARS for a dude with a common name and the videos are more popular than pretty much the same video without a name. Idgi, but if it sells, it sells. Maybe I should just make a bunch with different names in them.

I sell my clips usually at the minimum that C4S lets me choose, a few dollars higher sometimes if it's more fetish-y or took extra effort. Customs included! I usually wait a week or so to release the custom after delivering, sometimes longer if my video queue is full for that week.

Status
Not open for further replies.