AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Restricting chat for unregistered users?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2022
When a model sets it so unregistered users are excluded from “who can chat,” are they really blocked from chatting or is it just that the model can’t see the comments but other users can?

A model I visit is having issues with an abusive unregistered user (and they can’t be muted). When I suggested she restrict chat to only registered users she said she can’t, she can only hide comments from herself.

Is that true?

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
This is what I see in the settings below the stream but I also know models can hide grey chat from themselves so grey chat is only seen by everyone else

Screenshot_20230107_232547_Chrome.png

Upvote 0
When a model sets it so unregistered users are excluded from “who can chat,” are they really blocked from chatting or is it just that the model can’t see the comments but other users can?

A model I visit is having issues with an abusive unregistered user (and they can’t be muted). When I suggested she restrict chat to only registered users she said she can’t, she can only hide comments from herself.

Is that true?

I'm not on Stripchat anymore, but I was under the impression that it meant they were blocked from chatting from everyone (NO ONE can see their messages).

And if the person is abusive, I'm surprised that she only wants to mute them...not ban them too. From day one Stripchat had this thing where models couldn't ban users unless they user has typed something in the chat first (Which a lot of us thought was ridiculous). Since this person is running their mouth in the model's chat, there should absolutely be an option on the pop-up menu to ban him or her.

Upvote 0
I'm not on Stripchat anymore, but I was under the impression that it meant they were blocked from chatting from everyone (NO ONE can see their messages).

And if the person is abusive, I'm surprised that she only wants to mute them...not ban them too. From day one Stripchat had this thing where models couldn't ban users unless they user has typed something in the chat first (Which a lot of us thought was ridiculous). Since this person is running their mouth in the model's chat, there should absolutely be an option on the pop-up menu to ban him or her.
Unregistered users can’t be muted (which is really weird and dumb to me), I don’t know enough about the model side of things if they can be banned, but it sounds like she looked into everything and thinks she can’t do anything about this user. I was hoping that I might find out that they can be blocked form chatting.

It is frustrating because the guy just runs his mouth and insults her and can’t be muted. If you engage him at all he just gets mouthier. Today he was bitching that she didn’t fulfill a goal that was met in the room. So this freeloading ass starts talking about how he is going to report her to the site. I find that funny because the site doesn’t make a dime off his sorry ass and those of us who did contribute to the goal were perfectly satisfied. That’s when I found out this dude is in her room all the time. He’s like the personification of herpes

Upvote 0
Unregistered users can’t be muted (which is really weird and dumb to me), I don’t know enough about the model side of things if they can be banned, but it sounds like she looked into everything and thinks she can’t do anything about this user. I was hoping that I might find out that they can be blocked form chatting.

It is frustrating because the guy just runs his mouth and insults her and can’t be muted. If you engage him at all he just gets mouthier. Today he was bitching that she didn’t fulfill a goal that was met in the room. So this freeloading ass starts talking about how he is going to report her to the site. I find that funny because the site doesn’t make a dime off his sorry ass and those of us who did contribute to the goal were perfectly satisfied. That’s when I found out this dude is in her room all the time. He’s like the personification of herpes

Banning individual GUESTS is something I have suggested a couple of times, because they have a # attached to them, and other sites can do it (MFC) then ti must be possible. So fingers crossed this could be something in the (hopefully) very near future. If he is a GUEST then tell her to turn on chat that so for all users who have verified their email - the recommended option. Or if it's a grey guy, make it so ONLY people who have purchased tokens/subscriptions can talk. Yes it affects other nice greys but if it's that much of a problem, it's an option that needs to be enabled for now. Even if it's for a few days or weeks and maybe he will go away then.

Upvote 0
Banning individual GUESTS is something I have suggested a couple of times, because they have a # attached to them, and other sites can do it (MFC) then ti must be possible. So fingers crossed this could be something in the (hopefully) very near future. If he is a GUEST then tell her to turn on chat that so for all users who have verified their email - the recommended option. Or if it's a grey guy, make it so ONLY people who have purchased tokens/subscriptions can talk. Yes it affects other nice greys but if it's that much of a problem, it's an option that needs to be enabled for now. Even if it's for a few days or weeks and maybe he will go away then.
It is a guest/unregistered user. Greys aren’t a problem in her room

Thank you

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.