AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Reverse Racism

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how this fits in the vast PC terminology of things...

“The one thing we are going to do during this work period, sooner rather than later, is to ensure that women’s lives are not determined by virtue of five white men,” said the U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

but if he said that about 5 black guys, the liberal media would be all over it like stink on shit. Oh, and btw, this was one of those white men.

BGQlj72l.jpg

I'm fairly certain the following is pure sexism though...

“We should be afraid of this court, that five guys are determining which contraceptions are legal or not,”House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said

Which, btw, was not factual at all.

Not trying to hijack anything, just thought I'd throw those in the mix.

As far as the term "reverse racism" goes... isn't that what people were calling the OJ trial results? :dontknow:

I would argue that the difference between racism and reverse racism is about equal to the difference between misogyny and misandry. They all come from a place of hatred and ignorance and they're all fucked up things we'd be better off without but just as you can't argue that men face the same discrimination and struggles that women do, you can't really argue that white people face the same discrimination and struggles that minorities do - hence the differing words that are applied to what might scan as the same thing, but really aren't. Racism and misogyny are institutional, reverse racism and misandry aren't. :twocents-02cents:

I never try to pretend that I'm completely informed on political topics and social issues, but I always thought of reverse racism as treating minorities with positive discrimination vs. negative discrimination. Like when universities or employers have quotas to hit for Affirmative Action and will choose a less qualified minority over a more qualified white person.

So I see that it's the same thing as being racist against white people but the way it presented itself in my head is that it's preferential treatment of races other than white people.

Did that make any sense? Hmm.

Anyway, to me, racism is racism. Doesn't matter what color or society's take on how privileged or underprivileged they are, if you treat someone a specific way because of their skin color or heritage, that's racism.

On a weirdly-somewhat-related sidenote: The only time I believe racism is non-offensive is when it comes to personal tastes and attractions for relationships and sexual encounters, because everyone has their tastes. But technically even that is still racism.

mynameisbob84 said:
I would argue that the difference between racism and reverse racism is about equal to the difference between misogyny and misandry. They all come from a place of hatred and ignorance and they're all fucked up things we'd be better off without but just as you can't argue that men face the same discrimination and struggles that women do, you can't really argue that white people face the same discrimination and struggles that minorities do - hence the differing words that are applied to what might scan as the same thing, but really aren't. Racism and misogyny are institutional, reverse racism and misandry aren't. :twocents-02cents:

I agree with most of what you said, but this brings up a point:

If racism is born of hatred, can a person be racist without actually hating the group in question? I've told "black jokes" before, but it's not because I hate them. I've also told white jokes, American jokes, and I used to tell Catholic jokes when I was Catholic. And yet, I've been talked to about how "that's racist!" to tell a black joke, even though I'm not doing it because I hate blacks. I'm doing it to laugh at the stereotypes.

I look at a group of people, I'm going to apply the stereotypes, just because I have to put things in context. (I mean any group, jocks, geeks, blacks, Baptists, French people, and so on) I mean, stereotypes mostly exist because so many people in a group will fit that stereotype. But any one person from that group talks to me on his/her own, I forget that the stereotypes exist, and make my opinion of that person based on his/her interactions with me, and how I observe that person interacting with others.

BTW- 95% of the prison population are not bad people. They got caught in the ghetto-loop (The parents aren't educated, so can't get a good job. Kids have to help pay the bills, can't focus on education, so they can't get a good job when they become adults. That's the ghetto loop.). Or they got caught with a bit of drugs. Or they took their friend on an errand, not knowing that the friend was carrying drugs. Or something else to do with the drug war and zero-tolerance and minimum-sentencing. Thus, I don't think of black people as "bad people", even though a lot of them have been in prison at one point or another.

As far as being discriminated against, I'm one of the "lucky" ones. I had such a shitty childhood that it puts me in the position of being a very privileged adult. Being female, I can take advantage of hundreds of government programs that are only for women, and have an easier time getting governmental assistance. Being a white woman, I'm always assumed to be telling the truth (luckily, I'm mostly honest), and people are usually falling over themselves to help me (and sometimes each other). Being a former foster child, there were gobs and gobs of scholarships available to me when I went to college. Having a high IQ and being really good at taking tests meant that I never even touched that money, I got free academic tuition for my Bachelors.

But I have seen other people be discriminated against for whatever reason. Seen men get denied jobs because "we have enough men working here" (strangely enough, at a workplace where roughly 3/4ths of the employees were women...). Seen white people get stared out of a building because it was mostly black (I was hanging out with a black friend). Went to one place where I felt very uncomfortable because I was the only straight person in the building (though no one actually did anything to discriminate against me; again, there with a friend). Whenever a group of people who share a characteristic get together, anyone who doesn't share that particular characteristic feels, quite rightly, like a "fish out of water".

Now, the US, and "society", being "all for white people". No. Just no. Yes, there is still a lot of racism in the US. These days, the racist white people are either very out of touch with reality, to the point where they aren't a threat, or the old people who grew up in a time when racism was the way of life. But to say that the entire society of the US is racist and white people have all the power is to ignore the fact that white people are currently only 40ish percent of the population any more, and 75% of them have no issue with minorities in general, while 80% of them have no issue with blacks specifically. Most of the racism against blacks these days comes from Hispanics. And vice-versa. If someone says or does something racist, there are VERY few people cheering them on for it. UNLESS they're being racist against white people. So if anything, current society favors minorities!

And yes, I will call them "blacks", because those who are racists against blacks have an issue with anyone who has black skin, whether or not that person is American! I went to high school with a black girl from Cameroon. She was not American. Therefore, she is not an African American. She is an African. But just saying that doesn't say that she's black, because there are white Africans too! "African American" is not a global race, it's a subset of a larger race, which there is no politically correct word for. Black is the closest I can come, because Negro was tainted. Maybe "Native Africans"? But the ones who were born in America are native to America anymore. So fuck it!

Stupid politically correct bullshit.

just a quick note on the words themselves.
racism:noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

reverse:
verb
move backward.

cause (a vehicle) to move backward.

turn (something) the other way around or up or inside out.

make (something) the opposite of what it was.

exchange (the position or function) of two people or things.

LAW
revoke or annul (a judgment, sentence, or decree made by a lower court or authority).

adjective
adjective: reverse
going in or turned toward the direction opposite to that previously stated.

operating, behaving, or ordered in a way contrary or opposite to that which is usual or expected.

noun: reverse; plural noun: reverses
a complete change of direction or action.

reverse gear on a motor vehicle; the position of a gear lever or selector corresponding to this.
the opposite or contrary to that previously stated.
noun: the reverse
"he didn't feel homesick—quite the reverse"
the opposite side or face to the observer.

how is it that the more complex of the two words is easier to define?

and isnt that part of the debate? not so much that "reverse racism" either exists or doesnt, is justified or isnt but more: wtf does it mean?

see myself i get that most people mean it to be racism directed toward caucasians by minorities or otherwise oppressed persons commonly seen to be typical victims of racism.

the stickler in me says nope, not buying it. if the racism is reversed then it means racism against one's OWN ethnicity. racism is already a word with a clear definition. if one applies a modifer such as reverse to it then the definition is reversed. and as the basis of racism is that one;s own race is superior to others then that is what is reversed.

ok grammar rant done. ill go back to lurking again :)

Where I live, I'm a minority. Mexicans are at the top, then african american, then caucasian. The thing is, racism isn't going to go away, its been around for thousands of years. Its a sensitive subject to many. And even though we live in such a diverse country, alot of people still crack racist jokes. You got white people saying nigga because they listen to way to much rap music. You got black people making racist jokes about there own race lol( why it is okay if they do it, and no other race can has never made sense to me), I get called snow flake at least three times a week going to the store or what have you. So no matter what race you are. Your most likely going to encounter some type of racism in your lifetime. And you know what you can do, instead of stressing about it? Let that shit go! Just breathe and move on. Unless you see some real messed up shit, like idk some KKK stuff. Then don't let it phase you. There are going to be people who are gonna call you names and not accept you your whole life. But if you show that it affects you, then those people win. Instead, Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight!

I do feel that it is real. I absolutely hate when the entire race is punished for something a group of us have done/do. Yes I understand that it is completely awful, and that it shouldn't be happening. But I personally haven't done anything wrong, and have actually dated interracially many times..

At the college I attend i'm in a select scholarship group where we discuss things like this often. Many of the blacks are constantly OUTRAGED at the thought of this, and they believe that it isn't "real." Some of them believe that it doesn't exist (in the terms that we've placed it) because "we've" (using the terms loosely) have done it for so long to them, that we deserve what we are getting.

Rin said:
I just think it's silly how there are all-black schools, websites, and other things, yet an all-white school would be racist....
While schools that serve certain groups only are technically discriminating, an all black school (like an all girl school) has a larger purpose. They would operate under the idea that students will have an opportunity for better education if they aren't seen as a lesser person through being a minority or because of their gender. An all white school would have no greater purpose. It's only reason for existing would be to discriminate.

This article is a good example of how being a minority can affect children. No mother should have to put up with that kind of shit. I would heavily consider an all black school if my daughters were black. Of course, I also like the idea of all girl schools. http://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...4/my-son-has-been-suspended-five-times-hes-3/

The tough thing about being a minority to mexicans when you are white is the fact, the more and more time goes on. I've seen way to many job postings for only bilingual speakers. Do you know how much that affects us as americans? I understand that mexico is a shit place to live entirely. But in my opinion, if your going to come here then you need to learn english. We shouldn't have to bend our lives around you because you wanted a better life which our country opened our doors for you to have. Also, it would probably be smart for our government to implement spanish as a forced course to take in school. Most countries teach english in there schools which is mandatory. Why we don't? I have no idea, especially since it has made such a impact to speak spanish and english. That was a little off topic, just thought I would throw that into this thread on the fact there are all black schools and it helps them because they are a minority. Yet we as whites are a minority on this side of the country, and there are still no all white schools. So in my opinion its just not a valid excuse. We will live in a generation where no one has personally experienced or knows anyone who has experienced slavery or segregation, no matter what age you are and we will still be punished for it because its in history books!. Its just ridiculous they can pull the race card for no matter how long. As if we were the ones who started all the bullshit that happened several years ago.

I've always wondered why people in the U.S. insist that immigrants be able to speak/write English fluently when the majority of our native citizens don't know the difference between a noun and an adverb, and can't even manage to spell/use words correctly in a time when spellcheck is available on all of our devices. That argument is ripe with hypocrisy.

Also, Spanish is a required course in U.S. schools - you have to take at least 2 years of it in high school to graduate.

Yeah. Good grammar should be utilized while spewing rhetoric regarding language requirements for others. :lol:

GemmaMoore said:
I've always wondered why people in the U.S. insist that immigrants be able to speak/write English fluently when the majority of our native citizens don't know the difference between a noun and an adverb, and can't even manage to spell/use words correctly in a time when spellcheck is available on all of our devices. That argument is ripe with hypocrisy.

Also, Spanish is a required course in U.S. schools - you have to take at least 2 years of it in high school to graduate.

It depends on your school, we only had to have a half a year of German, Spanish, or French. I did take two years of Spanish, but all I learned was how to ask the location of the bathroom. I would not understand any answer I got though.

Reactions: LadyLuna and DuoShi
GemmaMoore said:

I was never required to take a second language, you had to take 60 credits of electives and spanish was offered as a elective. Also its not that people don't know how to speak proper english, it just seems to be trending to speak in that way. If you go through 12 years of required school and do not know how to speak proper english. There is a problem.

Reactions: LadyLuna
You can not just change the definition of a word to better serve a cause and then tell the people who understand it the way it is defined that they are wrong because you and your friends think it should be different. So If I were to complain about racism in Mexico city... what then? Do we need a gragh and bullet points by demographic for definition?
vEDAcby.jpg

*Appropriate hehe
And yes I just made this because I'm bored and thought it was funny.

The definition of racism is the definition of racism. If anything, the reason why people are having this argument in the first place probably deserves it own new word.

If people want racial societal power separate from basic, judging someone based on the color of their skin racism so bad... then make a new word and leave existing ones alone.

We have the word Patriarchy as a way to describe Sexism rather than race in governmental or societal power. Heck, there may even be an existing word that I'm just not aware of to describe societal or governmental power by color of skin... but it isn't the sole definition of racism.
People can personally see racism as that, as a personal opinion, but telling someone they are wrong for believing what is fundamentally and historically correct by definition is a super fast way to run a discussion in circles until everyone is too dizzy to actually get anywhere.

JickyJuly said:
Yeah. Good grammar should be utilized while spewing rhetoric regarding language requirements for others. :lol:
A good chunk of our country WAS Mexico not that long ago... chances are people spoke Spanish there before they spoke English.

JoleneBrody said:
JickyJuly said:
A good chunk of our country WAS Mexico not that long ago... chances are people spoke Spanish there before they spoke English.
:clap:
Right? Like do people not notice that both of our coasts are covered in cities with Spanish names? Hehehe. Also of note, Mexican describes a nationality, and the Mexican population is made up of a mixture of all 3 main racial groups.

Not to mention we have no national language. It's not like our founders learned any Native languages. To make it the law to know English (or any language) WOULD be racism, considering we are a country of immigrants.

But yeah, my public school only required that we take one semester each (not even a full year) of German, Spanish, and French, and suggested that we choose one and continue with it. A lot of students didn't decide to. I think not teaching young people Spanish is just setting them up for trouble once they graduate, because it does limit jobs for them. That's not the fault of Spanish speakers, that's parents and schools.

As for the original question... I think it's hard for me to say. I've always lived in areas where most people were white, and I've never felt disadvantaged because of my skin color. I know this isn't the case for everyone. Just a reminder though that being a "minority" isn't always about numbers. There are more women than men in the world, but at least in my opinion men are still more privileged than women. :twocents-02cents:

NataliaGrey said:
Not to mention we have no national language. It's not like our founders learned any Native languages. To make it the law to know English (or any language) WOULD be racism, considering we are a country of immigrants.

But yeah, my public school only required that we take one semester each (not even a full year) of German, Spanish, and French, and suggested that we choose one and continue with it. A lot of students didn't decide to. I think not teaching young people Spanish is just setting them up for trouble once they graduate, because it does limit jobs for them. That's not the fault of Spanish speakers, that's parents and schools.

As for the original question... I think it's hard for me to say. I've always lived in areas where most people were white, and I've never felt disadvantaged because of my skin color. I know this isn't the case for everyone. Just a reminder though that being a "minority" isn't always about numbers. There are more women than men in the world, but at least in my opinion men are still more privileged than women. :twocents-02cents:

I also have never felt a disadvantage for being white. Eventhough, my situation is the opposite of Natalia. I am white, but the last time I was in work, school, or social setting, where whites were a majority was a back in high school. Hawaii is only 25% white, so in most setting, I am out numbered by Asians and before that in the technology field in the SF Bay Area also lots of Asians. I have been in meeting where I was the only person who didn't speak Mandarian, and I have played poker on many occasions where there were only 2 of us, who did speak Tagalog. (Filipino) Yet, I always been accommodated by everyone speaking English.

While it is true that on occasion, whites lose out in getting into a particular college, or more rarely a job. The real victim of reverse discrimination is Asian Americans who get classified as white for purposes of measuring diversity. In fact one study found that when comes to get accepting it an elite university at White student a SAT score of 1360, and Asian student would need a 1500 (out 1600).

My high school was about %2 white and I NEVER once felt a disadvantage for being white. Sure, sometimes I got a funny look or some other student didn't want to talk to me because I was white. So what?

Once I graduated high school and ended up just accidentally hanging out with more white people, I was APPALLED at the things I heard come out of people's mouths. I don't believe in reverse racism, but IF it's a real thing, then it is nothing compared to racism against POC in this country. I do believe in discrimination, yes. Reverse racism? I personally don't. (Though I really do enjoy what jolene had to say about it. that was the best formulated argument I'd ever seen on the topic and actually has me thinking. Maybe a new word for the racism + societal power against POC in this country does deserve a new name and "racism" can go back to the dictionary definition. I wouldn't have a problem with that, I guess. But as for now, my opinion still stands for me.)

Violet October said:
My high school was about %2 white and I NEVER once felt a disadvantage for being white. Sure, sometimes I got a funny look or some other student didn't want to talk to me because I was white. So what?

Once I graduated high school and ended up just accidentally hanging out with more white people, I was APPALLED at the things I heard come out of people's mouths. I don't believe in reverse racism, but IF it's a real thing, then it is nothing compared to racism against POC in this country. I do believe in discrimination, yes. Reverse racism? I personally don't. (Though I really do enjoy what jolene had to say about it. that was the best formulated argument I'd ever seen on the topic and actually has me thinking. Maybe a new word for the racism + societal power against POC in this country does deserve a new name and "racism" can go back to the dictionary definition. I wouldn't have a problem with that, I guess. But as for now, my opinion still stands for me.)
It was the cartoon wasn't it? :cool:

I think maybe I have different opinions on the matter because of my background and experiences. I have absolutely felt racism directed at me when I lived in the Rockwood area of Portland. Having a large group yell "You're in the wrong neighborhood, Ghost!" where I own a home and live very peacefully with all my neighbors was a fucking shitty feeling, and they definitely succeeded at scaring me. It happened SUPER often. I don't wish that feeling on anyone and I do think it actually made me even MORE aware of how I and the people around me treat People of another color, whatever it may be. My mom married a blonde haired/blue eyed Mexican man who grew up in Mexico city. I have never heard stories of racism as bad as what he went through growing up in Mexico city with blonde hair. He actually has permanent brain damage now because of a hole in his skull, caused by one of the times he was jumped.

I never once thought to limit it to just the U.S because that seems really narrow minded. Our world is SO large and we all affect others on this planet, the bubble of our country doesn't exist as much as some believe. Even within our boundaries, cultural differences and minorities range so heavily from region to region, even within one state.

Sometimes I think people just hate for the sake of hating. Rarely does anyone hate me for no reason since I am just an average, white (more of an olive tone technically) male. But if I tell them that I am Jewish then, on occasion, you can see someone's entire demeanor change. I am no different then I was before they knew I was a Jew but there are still plenty of people that won't like me just because of that.
:dontknow:

So fuck 'em!
:thumbleft:

Oddly enough, the most blatant racism/prejudice/discrimination/whatever has been from my own race. Back in my hometown, I always was harassed for acting too white, so they developed slurs just for me and carried them on through college. At that point, I made other black friends that acted just like me, so they became targets too. Fun times...

DuoShi said:
Oddly enough, the most blatant racism/prejudice/discrimination/whatever has been from my own race. Back in my hometown, I always was harassed for acting too white, so they developed slurs just for me and carried them on through college. At that point, I made other black friends that acted just like me, so they became targets too. Fun times...
Oh yea. I had a few half-black friends in HS and they had it the worst. White people accepted them, but black people did not. They seriously got SO much shit for being mixed. It was really sad to watch their own race turn on them.

Reactions: LadyLuna and DuoShi
PlayboyMegan said:
DuoShi said:
Oh yea. I had a few half-black friends in HS and they had it the worst. White people accepted them, but black people did not. They seriously got SO much shit for being mixed. It was really sad to watch their own race turn on them.

I usually avoid posting in threads about "race/racism", but I will throw in my little :twocents-02cents: . As someone who is half Japanese ("Hapa") I have always felt less accepted by Asian peers, though I've had moments with caucasians too. Always caught in the middle!

hapa74 said:
PlayboyMegan said:
DuoShi said:

I usually avoid posting in threads about "race/racism", but I will throw in my little :twocents-02cents: . As someone who is half Japanese ("Hapa") I have always felt less accepted by Asian peers, though I've had moments with caucasians too. Always caught in the middle!
I'm Japanese, too! Woo woo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.