AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Rio Olympics 2016

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryBoBerry

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jul 6, 2011
Might as well start a new thread dedicated to it for people interested as it goes along.

I'll also mention if people want to watch and may not have NBC Universal in America you can set a VPN to a Canadian server and watch it all online for free; live or any part later on demand.

http://olympics.cbc.ca/

Q: Will you be live streaming all of the Olympics on your site?

• There will be up to 23 online channels with over 4000 live streaming hours available during the Olympic Games on the desktop website cbc.ca/olympics and via the Olympic Games App. Canadians will not miss a medal moment, a Canadian performance or any of the day’s top stories from Rio 2016.
Q: Will everything you’re broadcasting and streaming be available on demand afterward?

• Yes, all content that is seen live will also be available on demand on cbc.ca/olympics. Additionally, much of this content is available through our other distributors on various platforms.
  • Long-form content (raw competition footage / full games /event coverage) will be available online at cbc.ca/olympics until December 31, 2016.
  • Features, best of moments and, gold medal events will be migrated over to cbcsports.ca and available after December 31, 2016.
Q: How long will the Olympic coverage stay on cbc.ca/olympics after Rio ends?

• The site will remain active until September 26, 2016. Video content will remain accessible until December 31, 2016.

Jaguar shot dead after escape during Olympic torch event

A jaguar that was part of an Olympic torch relay event on Monday was shot and killed after the cat escaped its handlers, the Brazilian army said in a statement.

After Juma broke free from her confinement, a team of military members and veterinarians worked to recapture the jaguar.
Despite being shot with a tranquilizer dart, the animal lunged at a soldier and, in an attempt to protect the soldier and the rest of the treatment team, the animal was killed with one pistol shot.

I enjoyed the opening ceremony on T.V. last night, and could not stop talking about it on FB. :) I wished there weren't sooo many commercial breaks though. Such beautiful light shows and performances, as always. I always get so hyped waiting for the U.S.A. team to make their grand entrance, and this year Maryland's very own Michael Phelps carried the flag.

That flag-bearer for Tonga had me so glued to his oiled-up body that I didn't even notice that he specializes in TaeKwonDo...until my grandmom had pointed it out on FB. Lmao.

landscape-1470502881-gettyimages-586325464.jpg

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Commercials? Interesting. Haven't seen a single one so far.

I'm in the U.S. and watched it on channel NBC. Yes, the amount of commercial breaks was so bad, it reminded me of the days when the soap General Hospital aired on channel ABC (tons of commercial breaks with those soaps). If you happen to look at any of the FB posts about the Olympics opening ceremony, a lot of the posters are angry about the number of commercial breaks. Some even said they ended up changing the channel, because they couldn't take it anymore. Lol.

I had planned to get on MFC right after the opening ceremony, but from how long it was (plus all the commercial breaks), I was too damn tired to do anything when it was over. Sometime after it went off, I had fallen asleep on that comfy living room couch for a while.

speaking of commercials, I never tire of hearing this one

gives me goosebumps... I'm almost inspired

Last I heard, Hola was involved with some pretty sketchy business practices. Have they cleaned up their act?

speaking of commercials, I never tire of hearing this one

gives me goosebumps... I'm almost inspired

That was pretty good, but it wasn't really an "ad", as they weren't selling anything. This commercial, is literally (yes, literally) the only celeb endorsement that I like:

Jaguar shot dead after escape during Olympic torch event

A jaguar that was part of an Olympic torch relay event on Monday was shot and killed after the cat escaped its handlers, the Brazilian army said in a statement.

After Juma broke free from her confinement, a team of military members and veterinarians worked to recapture the jaguar.
Despite being shot with a tranquilizer dart, the animal lunged at a soldier and, in an attempt to protect the soldier and the rest of the treatment team, the animal was killed with one pistol shot.

Just so you know, it was the Nazis who "invented" the concept of the Olympic Torch Relay and the Olympic Torch Ceremony as we know it today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_flame
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1936_Summer_Olympics_torch_relay

I saw this on the great PBS special "The Nazi Games - Berlin 1936". Yes kids, you can still learn something from PBS ;)

Oh yeah, Shout Out to Hitler & Goebbels for the torch thing... :p

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Whew! Good Olympics day again.

Another insane bicycle road race that came down to the last few hundred meters. That crash by Annemiek Van Vleuten was just harrowing to watch. I hope she recovers well.

U.S. women's gymnastics are dominating as expected. Short of total implosion, I think it'll be a pretty easy team gold for them. Go Aly Raisman! Get that individual all-around medal you were robbed of four years ago!

And swimming is always fun to watch, especially if you're into record-breakers. That Katie Ledecky is a monster! She beat her own world record by almost two seconds, and . My jaw was on the floor. Same with "Iron Lady" Katinka Hosszu last night in the 400 IM.
I hope they show a bit of the less conventional stuff tomorrow during the day on NBC. It sucks that Comcast has the full coverage locked behind paywalls. I tried to do the vpn thing today, but I'm just tired of trying to jump through hoops just to watch archery or kayaking. I may have to when track and field rolls around, though, since they don't really show anything besides the sprint events and highlights of the decathlon.

Anyway, enjoying it so far, even though it doesn't seem all that cool to unironically love the Olympics anymore.

Whew! Good Olympics day again.

Another insane bicycle road race that came down to the last few hundred meters. That crash by Annemiek Van Vleuten was just harrowing to watch. I hope she recovers well.

U.S. women's gymnastics are dominating as expected. Short of total implosion, I think it'll be a pretty easy team gold for them. Go Aly Raisman! Get that individual all-around medal you were robbed of four years ago!

And swimming is always fun to watch, especially if you're into record-breakers. That Katie Ledecky is a monster! She beat her own world record by almost two seconds, and . My jaw was on the floor. Same with "Iron Lady" Katinka Hosszu last night in the 400 IM.
I hope they show a bit of the less conventional stuff tomorrow during the day on NBC. It sucks that Comcast has the full coverage locked behind paywalls. I tried to do the vpn thing today, but I'm just tired of trying to jump through hoops just to watch archery or kayaking. I may have to when track and field rolls around, though, since they don't really show anything besides the sprint events and highlights of the decathlon.

Anyway, enjoying it so far, even though it doesn't seem all that cool to unironically love the Olympics anymore.

That bike race was incredible. The crash was a real big one and she landed spine first on the massive kerb. After seeng the way she landed I would say she is actually lucky to have escaped with "only" 3 small fractures of her vertebrae and a concussion, she could very easily have been totally paralysed. I also felt incredibly sorry for the American rider who lead all the way up to last 500m or so and and then got passed by the group working together to finish 4th. When she slumped as she was overtaken having spent everything she had getting the lead she did it was heartbreaking to lose it so close to the finish and not even get a medal at all.

Just an FYI hint for anyone who is watching from the Canadian CBC site. If there is more than one event you want to be watching at the same time, you can do multiple streams simultaneously.

Screenshot - 8_8_2016 , 6_28_56 AM.png

I used to watch nearly everything during the Olympics (winter and summer). Now, though, I find myself watching more selectively. This year it will be swimming, diving, track and field and maybe wrestling and golf.. Not sure why I lost interest in wall-to-wall coverage. I'm sure the Olympics didn't change all that much. Exorbitant rights fees mean too many TV commercials, but that's not entirely new. Must be I'm the change agent.

I am really not into watching sports (People ask me what football team I like, and gasp when I tell them I don't watch sports), however I love watching the Olympic games...especially gymnastics. :)

Reactions: CasseLove
I am really not into watching sports (People ask me what football team I like, and gasp when I tell them I don't watch sports), however I love watching the Olympic games...especially gymnastics. :)

GASP!!! :wideyed:

Like I posted about yesterday, I'm trying to find when Quidditch starts.

Is anyone else still 'icked' out after seeing French gymnast Samir Ait Said?

Trigger warning, don't google that if you're at all squeamish.

The event I like the best at summer Olympics.

Screenshot - 8_10_2016 , 3_40_21 PM.png

I love watching swimming events. It's cool to see the Olympics because I get to see swimming events. However, hours and hours of swimming on NBC, shown to the exclusion of nearly all other events, has kind of burnt me out on swimming at this point. There are no other medal events out there -- maybe something out there that's interesting and underappreciated? Do we really need to have six hours of preliminary swimming in the afternoon, followed by four hours of swimming in primetime?

I guess a region switcher and HDMI cable are happening for me tomorrow.

There are certain events that The BBC in The U.K. are excellent at providing coverage for and The Olympics is one of them. I currently have the choice of 10 BBC Channels which are dedicated to the Olympics. The BBC will show every sport regardless of there being a British competitor or not.

Looking forward to the athletics starting but have really been enjoying watching sports which do not usually receive much TV coverage such as Judo, Fencing, and Archery. Also some of the Handball games have been excellent viewing. Today's game between The Netherlands and South Korea's ladies which finished 32-32 excellent match.

There are no other medal events out there -- maybe something out there that's interesting and underappreciated?

There are certain events that The BBC in The U.K. are excellent at providing coverage for and The Olympics is one of them.

Same here. CBC website has been covering everything. I will say they do highlight things from a Canadian-centric viewpoint mostly. But it's still far more coverage than I can get on NBC. I may have to try flipping the VPN over to London and checking out the BBC for a while.

CBC events they'll be airing online today...and more that didn't fit in the shot.
Screenshot - 8_11_2016 , 12_13_04 AM.png

Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.